Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106478 times)

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1065 on: December 20, 2017, 09:52:25 pm »

"Yeah. We're gonna lose some people, but at the end of the day... This is for the many.
This is for the beauty of the world."

" ...I know you're the one who knows what they're doing out of the two of us, but don't let this get you down. This world is capable of so many great things, we can't just let this keep happening. And that's why we're here."

Farra probably knew deep inside that this was more a reafirmation for herself, but surely Sharne could use it as well. Everyone could in times like these

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 20, 2017, 10:01:02 pm »

"Yeah... You're right. We'll be ok. And you're picking up on things pretty quickly, don't worry about it. We're all working together and that's all we can do."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 20, 2017, 10:48:25 pm »

"Thank you, and of course. It's the best way everyone'll stick alive."
Farra took a sip from her waterskin as she stood at the fire, mentally noting to re-refill it once she was done. For now, she was content to mourn the loses of Aneccans and foreign traders alike, all buried underneath. They'd watch in peace as the group freed Izzarra, surely.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 21, 2017, 05:12:48 am »

"Ah. Right. Yeah."
  "Shaddup."

She subsided for a moment, but in the end she was compelled to ask, glancing to the side.
"Ain't like I care, but what kinda woman do yer want, then?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 21, 2017, 09:13:07 am »

"The strong, fiery and independent sort. Someone I can allow myself to drop my guard around, but someone who can keep me on my toes. I suppose I'm looking for my opposite, in a way."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 21, 2017, 10:27:06 am »

Martyn watched impassively as the house began to crumble, smoke and dust rising from the crash as the roof fell upon the makeshift burial.  It wasn't the first group he'd seen such.  But he wondered, now, how many more slaughters he would have to see before he could return home in triumph, to a land that was finally safe and free.

It wasn't something he liked considering.

"...We should refill our waterskins, and try to get some rest while we can.  We need to be moving on soon."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 21, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »

Sam, hearing Martyn's comment about waterskins, raised one and shook it around to show that she was on the job. After that she resumed her conversation.

: "What do you mean, 'not a coincidence'?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 21, 2017, 06:11:55 pm »

Kaldach glanced at Sam for a moment before turning back to the sword.
: "It's a complicated story, let's just say I was... trained." The mercenary winced, but continued, "To use these swords. Without that, I'm sure I would've been put in the ground a long time ago."
He sighed and pulled the scabbard back around his back.
: "Anyway, I'm sure I can still use this sword as well as I have before. I have to. We both saw what happened to Rina, so I'm not about to drop any advantage."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 21, 2017, 06:37:27 pm »

"Huh."
She was silent a moment. Her eyes flickered round to look at Bertholt again before she abruptly changed the subject.
"A-anyway! We should get back to th' others, yeah? You all done 'ere?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 21, 2017, 06:57:39 pm »

"Oh, of course. I was going to ask what you were looking for in a man- seemed only fair- but perhaps we might save that for another time. You're all patched up now; just try not to reopen your wounds too quickly."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 21, 2017, 09:44:13 pm »

Sam grew thoughtful at the reminder of Rina's sad fate. Then she shook herself and resumed her self-imposed chore.

: "I guess we are a bit short on advantages at the moment. Just promise to be careful with that sword, alright? It won't do any of us any good if it cuts your own throat in the next battle."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 21, 2017, 09:51:16 pm »

Kaldach made a motion that was more a vague half-shrug half-nod.
: "I'll do what I do. It can't take me down that easily, and we're going to make Mordo pay, after all. So what's a few nicks in the grand scheme of things. Just be careful for yourself too. That drum won't keep an axe away, but an armed friend can."
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:54:12 pm by CrimsonEon »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 21, 2017, 10:39:15 pm »

~Chapter 4~

~Heart of the Desert~

Leaving the Oasis and the men who abused it behind, Yarun leads the rebels forward. A scant few days later, the city of Salamandra comes into view. While not large compared to some of the cities in Izzarra, at least in better days, it is in fact the largest city in the country, limited only by the realities of the desert. Roads stretch away from the city in all directions, or perhaps the roads lead to Salamandra. In either case they're well traveled, and even now dust clouds can be seen rising from the roads in the distance- clear signs of wagons, though whether they're coming or going is anyone's guess. The group approaches the gate...

"I do thank you for your company on the long road from Izzarra. And for protecting me from those bandits. And releasing me from that cell. And helping me find my horses. And helping me when I passed out in the desert yesterday." Yarun paused, seeming to consider something. "You get the idea. Anyway, I don't know where you're planning to go next, but you should stay in town for a few days. My father may wish to speak with you, if he has time." Yarun turned away from the rebels, and approached the guards before the open gate to the city. Within the walls could be seen throngs of people, and the distant murmur of overlapping conversation. "Hello officer! It is I, Yarun Junaid. Please send a runner to my father to let him know I've returned."

The guard nodded, but appeared puzzled. "...Master Yarun, didn't you leave less than two weeks ago? I thought you weren't due to return for another moon at least."

"Ugh, do not remind me. There's some bad business on the border with Izzarra. The Mordoans wouldn't know proper trade arrangement if it bit them on the ass, clearly." For the first time since meeting Yarun, he'd seemed actually irritated. "Oh, and these fine fellows behind me were kind enough to render assistance. If there's anything they'd like to know, please do your best to assist them." Yarun turned to the group, and waved a last farewell. "Until we meet again, and may the desert winds be kind to you!" Yarun directed his wagon through the gates, into the waiting arms of the city.

The guard turned to properly take in the group, and nodded to both Sharne and Farra. "Hello there ladies. I see you're travelling with foreigners. Do you know the city, or do you need direction?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 21, 2017, 10:45:00 pm »

Sharne shook her head.

"I was briefly here once, but it was only stopping by. Not enough to know the city. A few questions I suppose. First, how would we arrange a meeting with Master Yarun's father? We have a proposition for him that we hope he will listen to. Second, where is the market so that we can replenish our supplies? And third... Do you know if the people of the nearby oasis had any family here? If so, we bear unfortunate news for them..."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 21, 2017, 10:51:55 pm »

"If Sala Junaid has business with you, you'll be invited to the palace. The bazaar spans the main street. Walk down the main street, and you'll see it. There are smaller shops and lodging houses of the main streets if you can't find what you fancy on the main thoroughfare." When Sharne brought up the oasis, his expression darkened. "What manner of news? Has something happened?"
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 146