Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106474 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 20, 2017, 07:08:35 pm »

Sam looked at her drum set, which had been placed down safely away from the water's edge.

: "Well, it ain't coming from the drums. Those're just bog-standard drums used by--that the Izzarran military used to give to company musicians. They aren't even particularly good as far as such things go. However the magic - or whatever it is - works, it seems to happen when I play, sing, or dance, or even just whistle, but it sure wasn't always like that." The bard hesitated, then touched a finger to her scar. "I think it all started the day I got this."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 20, 2017, 07:16:27 pm »

A prioress... For a moment, Roux wondered what such a sheltered life must have been like - nothing like the dog-eat-dog world of a bandit clan.

"Guess me da was me teacher, b ain't like I ever 'ad any fancy schoolin'. 'E taught me to fight a bit when I was a sprat so 'e wouldn't 'ave to bother with protectin' me. Learned the rest meself through experience."
Roux scowled.
  "An' why would I care what kinda dainty little lady yer'd wanna marry?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 20, 2017, 07:21:03 pm »

"Who said I wanted a dainty little lady?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 20, 2017, 07:36:54 pm »

Sharne stood stone faced outside the house where the bodies had been left. A small torch in her hand, she took a deep breath and then tossed the torch into the house. As the flames started to spread, she gently touched her forehead and then her heart and then stretched her hand out to the house.

"Return to the sand and rest at last. You have been avenged and may be at peace. Though I do not know your names, I will hold you in my heart until I can spread the word of your deaths to the others of our tribes."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 20, 2017, 07:41:16 pm »

The redhead blinked in shock.

"Yer, er, wantin' a dainty man instead? I gotta admit I didn't think yer were that kinda guy."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 20, 2017, 07:49:40 pm »

Bertholt just gives her the most deadpan look ever.
"Neither did I. I suppose that is why I keep your company."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:13:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 20, 2017, 08:08:06 pm »

Kaldach raised an eyebrow, puzzled. From his sitting position, he crossed his legs and leaned forward.
: "Well, I know from experience how things like that can change people." The mercenary's mouth slanted, stretching one of the long scars on his own face, "Can't guess as to why it would give you music like that, though. You play differently afterward? Different motions, different songs?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 20, 2017, 08:29:57 pm »

: "No...I mean, yeah, I guess. I stopped playing battle marches and started singing anti-Mordo songs. But that's the thing, it doesn't really matter what I play. I need to put my heart into the music in order for the magic to work, but that's nothing new. That's how I got selected as company musician in the first place, y'know. Other than that I play the way I always did." Sam sighed, frustrated.

: "I don't actually know that my injury and this magic stuff are connected. All I know is, around the same time my music started having more power than it should, I also started healing way more quickly than I used to. And if three different things all happen at roughly the same time...doesn't that mean they might be connected? I just don't know."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 20, 2017, 08:51:45 pm »

Kaldach looked down and paused, thinking for a couple moments as he turned over Sam's words in his head. His mouth slanted from one side to the other, but after a solid minute...
: "...Hrm."
He lifted his head and sighed.
: "I've got a thought or two kicking around, but they're honestly just flailing guesses. I don't know all that much about you or anyone here for that matter, so anything I'd say would be blind at best." Kaldach glanced aside, over the oasis, "If anything, sounds like your resolve's set. Though... yeah, that'd be obvious given you're still here after all this mess. Still a hell of a power to have, able to strengthen others like that."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 20, 2017, 08:53:37 pm »

Farra looked out to the now burning building, staring at it, then Sharne. What was she... Oh, something had to have happened there. Was it some poor souls that had been less lucky than her own? Probably...

She put her hand over her heart, then by her neck; a variation from her town. Afterwards, she made her way over, hoping that the woman much more experienced than her wouldn't mind terribly.

"...I'm assuming it's as I fear... I hope for you that you didn't know anyone in there"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 20, 2017, 08:57:17 pm »

"I had used this oasis once before, but I barely remember faces. Which feels like a crime now... But whoever they were, the ones responsible for it are dead, and hopefully this will give them some semblance of a burial. The world is a cruel place... Things like this are a reminder of that. I can only hope that what we are doing will help make it a little bit better."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 20, 2017, 09:03:47 pm »

"If I've stopped here before, I don't remember it. I just... Didn't think about stuff like this happening to your everyday person, y'know? Farra shivered a little, despite finally being warm.

"But, yeah, we're gonna make this world better, even if it's one step at a time." ...Huh, that sounded bad right now...

"...Sorry, that was..."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:16:55 pm by Aliemma »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 20, 2017, 09:09:56 pm »

Sam let her frustration drift away, and nodded agreement.

: "That's pretty much the way I see it. What this ability is, or how it works or where it came from, isn't really important. What's important is making use of it to help the folks I'm working with. And I certainly don't plan on quitting as long as I can be useful!"

: "But, um. Speaking of resolve...you still set on using that cursed sword you're lugging around? I mean, it seems to hurt you more than anyone else."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 20, 2017, 09:23:01 pm »

"Don't worry. I know what you meant. These people were innocents. But they can be more than just a tragedy. They're a reminder of what we're fighting for. Our fighting won't bring them back. But maybe we can help prevent this from happening in the future. If we can do that... Then maybe they can truly rest in peace."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 20, 2017, 09:35:33 pm »

Kaldach's mouth fell further as he turned to look at the pitch-black hilt of the sword sticking out of its scabbard.
: "...It's dangerous, yeah. I've used them before, and these things have tried it on me back then. But every time it would stop just short of actually hitting me. All until that last time."
He unfastened the scabbard off his chest with one hand and reached behind with the other, grabbing the end of the sword and pulling the entire scabbard around until it rested in his lap.
: "You've seen what it can do. Before it stabbed me, I mean. It's not something that should be left for some peasant to find." Kaldach, cradling the sword, pressed the thumb of his weapon hand against the hilt. To those watching carefully, a small wisp of red could be seen rising from under the digit. "They... react differently to different people. Most have a hard time even holding them for more than a second. Not me. And that's not a coincidence."
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:22:11 am by CrimsonEon »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 146