Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Agents of O.G.O.D. - Operation: Dirty Skies  (Read 5253 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Agents of O.G.O.D. - Operation: Dirty Skies
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2017, 06:41:04 pm »

"Here's the reason a VTOL is probably better than the helicopter we would of gotten because it has more storage for that ridiculous sized laser drill and sound generator we brought with us" Aviator than recognized the pilots voice, "What's your experience of tilt rotors compared to normal helicopter designs. Hopefully enough to land us during the storm and if not..., and before you complain yes we know we should of learned this during the briefing, Because your going to need to land this thing if we want to deploy this heavy equipment we got with us "
(If their is no opposition than I guess we got to land this vtol during a storm)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:45:59 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2017, 08:11:15 pm »

"Do you have a Chute large enough for my Gun and Drill? I' don' think so So I'll wait for this thing to stop moving.:
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2017, 08:16:39 pm »

"Mastermind, I request a trade for my pointless book for that hatchet you have. I'd imagine that hatchet would be quite more effective for takedowns and that I would also require usage of that more.
Request the trade with Mastermind, have no counter ideas for infiltration so would be just fine with taking the helicopter
"certainly. I always was a quick reader."
take it and skim through it on the flight. Focus on anything demonstrating quick takedowns that can be done one-handed.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 12:34:02 am »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 05:26:25 am »

"certainly. I always was a quick reader."
take it and skim through it on the flight. Focus on anything demonstrating quick takedowns that can be done one-handed.
[2] It takes you no time at all to find that this is a book that actively resists any sort of speed-reading. It's next to impossible to pluck useful pointers from the author's insufferable and unending prose, and the entire thing seems like it was written for a bygone era of gentlemanly conduct in combat. Even despite the flight to your destination taking hours, you manage to absorb next to no useful knowledge regarding any sort of close-quarters combat. You hope Castle isn't as attached to it as he seemed, because it surely isn't proper for a veritable spymaster like him to be versing himself in silly things like 'fair fighting' and 'honourable fisticuffs'.

"Here's the reason a VTOL is probably better than the helicopter we would of gotten because it has more storage for that ridiculous sized laser drill and sound generator we brought with us" Aviator than recognized the pilots voice, "What's your experience of tilt rotors compared to normal helicopter designs. Hopefully enough to land us during the storm and if not..., and before you complain yes we know we should of learned this during the briefing, Because your going to need to land this thing if we want to deploy this heavy equipment we got with us "
(If their is no opposition than I guess we got to land this vtol during a storm)
"Oh, don't you worry, pal," the pilot asserts cheerily, even as the sheer wind threatening to force the craft off-course causes his intercom to crackle. "If it flies, then I've flown it. They don't skimp you on the training over at HQ, y'know! I'll get you down there safe as houses!" You briefly wonder if the pilot is talking about the same HQ as you, considering the extremely skimped status of your own training. Nevertheless, he's seemingly certain of his experience.

"Do you have a Chute large enough for my Gun and Drill? I' don' think so So I'll wait for this thing to stop moving.:
"You got it, guys," replies the pilot, assuming Billy Bob's assertion to be the group's consensus. "This one's gonna be a rough one, so strap in!"

[4] The wind buffets your VTOL craft tremendously as the pilot dares to try and bring it down safely in the growing snowstorm. There's a few moments where you feel the craft lurch dangerously from side to side, but the pilot quickly corrects his course, and you feel your plane touch the ground a little more softly than you feared it otherwise would've done. "This is your stop!" the victorious pilot exclaims as the plane's doors whoosh open, immediately blanketing the interior with whistling snowflakes. "The area of operations is about half a klick north of here, and they won't have seen us coming in these conditions. Good hunting, guys!" The pilot's well-wishes grow quiet as the doors once again slide shut behind you as you all disembark, equipment of various sizes in tow.

A mercifully-short jaunt north eventually bears fruit. Your team crests a small hill to catch sight of a similarly small compound, sitting in a shallow valley that shields it somewhat from the storm and permits you a better look at its composition. It's a small H-shaped building, fenced off on all sides, with a winding arctic road leading up to the main gate. An idle truck sits outside what appears to be a large loading dock entrance that comprises nearly the entire front end of the facility from where you're standing. It's a small, discreet structure, hardly befitting of a villain of the caliber you were warned about, but it's tough to make out any real details at your current distance. Fortunately, the snowstorm surrounding you should conceal you enough to approach the perimeter fence without being spotted.

Spoiler: Team status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clarity note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:42:31 am by CubeJackal »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2017, 08:24:01 am »

move up and begin inspecting the building for cameras or turrets. Also, don't touch the fence, it's probably electrified.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2017, 08:16:55 pm »

personally assumed that I took the sound generator out of VTOL and place it where we landed, I'll get it when I'm ready, than using my adept stealth skills start scouting the building prioritizing guards, the guards patrol routes, and cameras
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:57:19 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2017, 08:52:12 pm »

I wander towards the fence, dragging my "Weapons" behind me.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2017, 04:56:41 am »

move up and begin inspecting the building for cameras or turrets. Also, don't touch the fence, it's probably electrified.
[1] You stroll nonchalantly up to the perimeter fence and idle around it, staring absently at the building like a miscreant teenager loitering around in public. Your foot catches on a patch of ice hidden under the snow and you tumble forwards, slamming face-first into the fence and causing a mighty rattling noise that echoes around the southern side of the facility. You at least manage to confirm that the fence isn't actually electrified, though you're too busy rubbing at the chain-link-shaped bruise forming on your face to get a better look at any other security features the building might have.

personally assumed that I took the sound generator out of VTOL and place it where we landed, I'll get it when I'm ready, than using my adept stealth skills start scouting the building prioritizing guards, the guards patrol routes, and cameras
[2] You follow stealthily behind Mastermind, trying your best to stay low to the ground and avoid detection. There's an abject lack of anything that could be considered as cover surrounding your side of the facility, so you elect to lay down in the snow and slowly shimmy forwards as you get closer to the fence. Unfortunately, visibility is quite poor with your face pressed low into the growing snow banks, and you're unable to pick out anything of note on the building's walls or perimeter.

I wander towards the fence, dragging my "Weapons" behind me.
[5] Somehow, despite being the least stealthy member of the team, your approach to the fence manages to be the most subtle. Lacking anything else to do once you reach the fence, you wade through the snow over to Mastermind and help him up after he extricates his face from the perimeter defences.

Your team, in one way or another, has now reached the edge of the facility's perimeter. It's a large square compound, and there's a wide gate - the main entrance, judging by the road leading through it - about fifty metres to your right that appears to be unmanned. The small guard house next to it, however, may contain an attendant that you haven't yet seen. You've been unable to ascertain the presence of any cameras, patrols or other defensive installations, though considering the somewhat sparse nature of the building, you dare to hope that there simply aren't any. Unlikely, but possible.

Spoiler: Team status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:08:53 am by CubeJackal »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 06:02:49 am »

shake off the pain and keep low. Try again at spotting any sort of observation/alarm based security, then hop the fence and move to the nearest cover if it's clear.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2017, 09:19:30 pm »

Moving as stealthily as possible continue moving to the small guard seeking for any alarm systems and any residing guards inside this small house. Also hopping the fence as well
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:30:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2017, 09:27:59 pm »

Apply Drill to Fence, Walk through.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2017, 03:18:59 am »

shake off the pain and keep low. Try again at spotting any sort of observation/alarm based security, then hop the fence and move to the nearest cover if it's clear.
[2] Try as you might, you absolutely cannot confirm nor deny the presence of any security features on the building. If there are indeed any cameras, tripwires or alarms, they must be squirreled well away in the various nooks, crannies and overhangs present in the architecture. Nevertheless, you grab the chain links in front of you and start trying to scale them. The freezing cold metal is exceptionally tough to find purchase on, however, and your feet keep slipping when you try to boost yourself over the top. Ultimately, you only succeed in creating a lot of noise and little upwards progress. The first obstacle you're facing in your operation is quickly - and somewhat shamefully - turning out to be one of the more formidable ones you've contended with.

Moving as stealthily as possible continue moving to the small guard seeking for any alarm systems and any residing guards inside this small house. Also hopping the fence as well
[1] You keep shuffling forwards with your belly against the snow, inadvertently burrowing deeper each time you shove yourself forwards. The snow comes up to your chin, then your nose, then your eyes as you commit yourself whole-heartedly to the strategy of remaining prone. Your sense of direction fails you as you roll around in the snow, however, and when you finally stick your head out of the growing drifts for a quick breather, you realise you've traveled a good hundred metres away from the compound - and you've created a blisteringly obvious trail through the snow, too. Needless to say, you share Mastermind's lack of success in locating any security features on the building.

Apply Drill to Fence, Walk through.
[6] You suppress a chuckle at the sight of your colleagues' bumbling approaches. It's time, you decide, to show them how they handle all this fancy spyin' business back home. You yank back the ignition lever on your laser excavator with a mighty ka-thunk, causing blinding red lasers to spiral from the drill-bit like a light show, and ram it straight into the perimeter fence. The engine roars copiously, a sound that's hardly disguised by the howling wind around you, and the fence before you melts and falls away like a slice of butter before a hot knife. Mastermind slips off as the laser's heat travels down the fence and melts the frost growing on it, landing rear-first and causing yet more of a racket.

Your team is in, at least, but as you all peer towards the structure, you quickly catch sight of a uniformed individual turn the building's corner and stride through the snow towards you. Seems that one way or another, you've attracted attention.

Spoiler: Team Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:21:18 am by CubeJackal »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2017, 03:57:19 am »

((the irony of me being the least stealthy and most successful member of the team is truly apparent.))
I say "Shouldn't we Ask whats his face About weather he's in o not?" then I yell into my ear piece "HEY, OCTOBER YALL IN? OR ARE YA THE ONE COM'N OUT?"
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2017, 04:26:13 am »

clamping down on the mouth of his teammate as they start to holler, he draws the tranquil pistol he was given and tries to take a shot at the guard approaching, growling in frustration. He was never good at setting plans in motion, but this was annoying beyond belief. Utter incompetence from every single one of his team, self included, and more still from the agency itself!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4