Advanced search  

Poll

Where are you guys actually going?

Ryine
Viterine
Some other place
I'm not involved and I want to see the votes

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra OoC Thread: Ded  (Read 72979 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra OoC Thread: Maniacal Laughter
« Reply #765 on: January 10, 2018, 03:47:26 pm »

For the record, you guys will still have a chance to shop after talking to the boss man. I mean, unless you piss him off and he throws you out or something. But I don't really see that happening.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 10, 2018, 03:50:07 pm »

Brock hasn't done much in a while. I could have him do it, if you want.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 10, 2018, 03:52:35 pm »

As much as I'd like Brock to participate more, him damaging the rest of the party's goals in that fashion isn't something I really want.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 10, 2018, 04:17:56 pm »

I'm hoping Stirk was replying to me not you. But in that case yeah we can wait. I'll grab the tome for esther now though since I don't think anyone wants to come back

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 10, 2018, 04:40:57 pm »

Bertholt was going to grab a tome for her in addition to the Heal staff.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 10, 2018, 06:10:36 pm »

Oh then you go ahead. Here's the list:

To buy:
Carrion: 720 (Esther)
Vulnx4: 600 (general)
jamb dagger: 2000 (martyn)
scimitar: 900 (sharne)
iron bow: 400 (farra)
heal: 500 (bert)
iron pilum: 800 (roux)
steel sword: 450 (kaldach)
Angelic Cloth: 1000
Iron Axe from martyn to Brock

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 10, 2018, 08:45:08 pm »

Out of curiosity, why the Angelic Cloth rather than the Dancer Ribbon or the Rabbit's Foot?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 10, 2018, 09:27:30 pm »

Everyone can benefit from more HP, and some party members have Character Skills that really benefit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 10, 2018, 09:39:06 pm »

While it's true that some character skills benefit from this (see: Renewal, Wrath), I'm not sure that the benefit is large enough...

3 HP points is 0.3 extra Renewal HP per turn, or around 1.2 HP difference in the Wrath threshold. That is, if Renewal's still 1 per 10 max HP. I forget if it's changed in this game.

Compare that to something like the Rabbit's Foot, which raises LCK. Kaldach would have 1% less chance to hit himself + the other small benefits of LCK like 1 eva and 1 hit. He's already had the Goddess Icon, so I'm not really campaigning for it or anything, but I think the degree of benefits are similar.

And 1 SPD from Dancer Ribbon also has similar beneficial effects (2 EVA at the very least, which is 2% less damage overall by making us 2% more likely to dodge a hit), though none of our character skills use it anymore. We are a bit slow overall, and 1 SPD could go a good ways towards patching that up before we get doubled more.

I just wanted to open a discussion about this, is all.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 11, 2018, 12:15:54 am »

I'm hoping Stirk was replying to me not you. But in that case yeah we can wait. I'll grab the tome for esther now though since I don't think anyone wants to come back

Either one works, really ^_^.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 12, 2018, 01:38:19 pm »

Hey Stirk, a question a few people have, is there an IC reason Brock seems to be such a raging dickbag or is it just cause?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 12, 2018, 01:47:16 pm »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 12, 2018, 03:58:25 pm »

Hey Stirk, a question a few people have, is there an IC reason Brock seems to be such a raging dickbag or is it just cause?

Its been like seven months since I made the character, hasn't it :0.
Lets see. Brock was a grumpy, impulsive guy to start with. He was never the nicest man, under the best of circumstances. Adding in the fact that his home country is getting pressed under the boot of Mordo, he currently has no idea if the few people he cares about are living/dead/somewhere in between (and he ditched half of them in hostile territory for a long-shot revolution that ended up not being as heroic as he secretly hoped it would be, and how the revolution itself has generally fallen apart during the Izzarra part), an unpleasant career as a bandit, and a strained relation with a good part of his current comrades, and he has plenty of reason to be grumpy.

Short version: Jerk+Unpleasant situation=raging dickbag. The other limiting factor would be that I *really* need to develop him outside of his Sharne rivalry, which has currently been a lion's share of his character interaction. The fact that he is currently usually talking to someone he hates continues to amplify the apparent dickisness of the character, since he has no softer interactions to compare it to OOC. If you looked at Sharne only through her Brock interactions, she also looks like a jerk. But she interacts with other people pleasantly, making her look like less of a jerk overall. Brock's current interactions with the others have been limited, and mostly consisting of being a jerk anyway, making him look like an even bigger raging dickbag then he "should" be. 

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 14, 2018, 10:11:56 pm »

While it's true that some character skills benefit from this (see: Renewal, Wrath), I'm not sure that the benefit is large enough...

3 HP points is 0.3 extra Renewal HP per turn, or around 1.2 HP difference in the Wrath threshold. That is, if Renewal's still 1 per 10 max HP. I forget if it's changed in this game.

Compare that to something like the Rabbit's Foot, which raises LCK. Kaldach would have 1% less chance to hit himself + the other small benefits of LCK like 1 eva and 1 hit. He's already had the Goddess Icon, so I'm not really campaigning for it or anything, but I think the degree of benefits are similar.

And 1 SPD from Dancer Ribbon also has similar beneficial effects (2 EVA at the very least, which is 2% less damage overall by making us 2% more likely to dodge a hit), though none of our character skills use it anymore. We are a bit slow overall, and 1 SPD could go a good ways towards patching that up before we get doubled more.

I just wanted to open a discussion about this, is all.

What I was thinking was double fold. One, angelic cloth gives more stats overall. +3 vs +1. Add into that the fact that it increases survivability, increases wrath range, and that HP is something people almost never cap, and I think it becomes more viable. Things like speed are more likely to be capped, and the luck boost is nice but also less useful, imo, than the extra HP. But if most people agree with you, then we can grab that instead.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:39 am »

To clarify, the SPD would be for our slower units not to get doubled. Esther, Kaldach, Roux, and Liam all have 8-9 SPD. They're unlikely to cap, and if it's the difference between getting doubled or not, that also adds a lot of survivability.

Probably would suggest Esther in this case. She has 50% SPD growth so while she's unlikely to cap, she can maintain the benefits, while Liam (40%) and Kaldach (45%) are more likely to get doubled by endgame anyway... Roux also has 50% but her weapon type's not unique and she's been doing well with pilums, which disregard SPD on attack.

But eh, like you said, either one works. We might just be splitting hairs at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58