Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223441 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #990 on: August 24, 2017, 06:51:16 am »

Yoake and Minato
"She doesn't look too murderous..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 24, 2017, 06:57:16 am »

"I know her well enough to know that Karen'll probably tick her off enough. She's done that well enough to me."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 24, 2017, 07:12:15 am »

Yoake and Minato
"How is she in battle? We could have them settle everything with a duel..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 24, 2017, 07:15:43 am »

"Noriko would easily beat Karen in a fight. Easily."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 24, 2017, 07:24:02 am »

Yoake and Minato
"Why not do that then? Let them put their skills to the test against each other."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 24, 2017, 07:25:00 am »

"Huh, expected more than cubicle drudgery. Makes sense as a handler. . ." Shef tapped a finger on the bar, trying to think who Rosario may have met. It probably wouldn't be Noriko, since last he had seen she was at home playing a game with her brother for lack of a better term. Minato and Faith had gone off together, so possibly not them, since Rosario had said one? Shaky assumptions, to be certain, since it had been a few hours since Shef saw them. "Yoake or Yuki? Or someone else? Opinions on them?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 24, 2017, 07:25:31 am »

"Karen's parents will kill me if I let her get beaten up. It's a family thing. I tried to tell them 'no', but they insisted."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #997 on: August 24, 2017, 07:33:04 am »

"Right away!" She hurried off to the back to retrieve the drinks as ordered. What, is this just the local hangout for the Yakuza now. . .?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 24, 2017, 08:42:06 am »

Shef
"In the Awakened world? I think not! No, most paths here lead to you fighting something, some have even gotten pretty damn tough just from gunfighting the occasional hostile spreadsheet. It was Yuki, seemed awfully enthusiastic, and a bit curious about your income for that matter."

Yoake and Minato
"Can you not keep her and Noriko away from each other?"

Noriko
Well, on one hand the guy in a suit doesn't look yakuza, he looks more like every other Bollywood cop actually... but on the other hand, when you walk back with their drinks you find them joined by a sixty year old man with a black eyepatch wearing way too casual clothing that puts his athletic build and extensive dragon tattoos on display, the sheer sketchiness only amplified by the words I'M NOT YAKUZA emblazoned on his pink t-shirt.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 24, 2017, 09:11:05 am »

"No. Her mom made me promise I'd take her along on stakeouts."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 24, 2017, 10:44:55 am »

"My salary? That's odd. But from what I can tell, she has a habit of jumping to unwarranted conclusions and saying strange things? Think she and her sister are the ones I've talked to least so far. Think they've probably got some type of familial problems. Not sure though. . . What'd you tell her?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 24, 2017, 04:31:42 pm »

Yoake and Minato
"If bringing her along will jeopardize both your duty and her life, then perhaps that promise isn't too important in the end."

Shef
"Told her the truth, that you get paid for this gig. It's not like it's a secret or anything. Offered to give her a help with the income application form if she needed it."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 24, 2017, 05:38:38 pm »

"I see. I wonder if she'll take it. . . guess it depends on whether she's satisfied with the cafe income." Shef turned to Ryouta. "Two of the new allies work in a maid cafe. Another, been working with her a bit longer, is some sort of swimsuit sports star. Keijo or something. Another is some rich kid from an old family, hits on everyone. The final one's a bit better, but I think she's spent most of her life jumping between families because they all think she's hallucinating. As a final note, I don't think any of them is over eighteen. It's been. . . interesting." A scowl, and then another sip of water.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 07:59:41 am by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 25, 2017, 08:13:03 am »

Shef
"Oh I've a feeling she will... speaking of these allies of yours, I've looked into the old hires and as I'm sure you'll be absolutely delighted to hear, I must say, you're in good hands. o-Shiri is well-connected in the commercial world and this 'Keijo' business of hers isn't uncommon in the popular world, combined with the fact that she seems to be regarded as some kind of authority on it, she is certainly a valuable contact. The same goes for the heir, but you already know that. The Kumons hold a lot of power in the awakened world here, have held it for quite a while, though they've been less active since Lady Yukari's death, at least until now. They've got quite strong ties to the japanese branch of Foundry amongst other things, that explains his choice in AR at any rate."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 25, 2017, 08:24:16 am »

"Both fiscally and as far as secondary contacts go, they're definitely good. . ." Shef sighed. "Guess it's what you get in this line of work, bu it just seems like a really strange collection of people. Anything I should know about the others?"

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 285