Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223438 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #840 on: August 03, 2017, 02:21:55 am »

Noriko
"S-sorry! You just seemed kinda upset earlier and a lot's been happening lately, especially with the Aramitama and everything..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #841 on: August 03, 2017, 02:48:03 am »

Was she that obvious? "No, it's just. . . I guess I'm still a little shaken up over that fight. It was bad." She took her chance to deflect to something that wasn't an obvious excuse. "I mean, I know everyone's fine now, but some of us could have died."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 03, 2017, 03:13:42 am »

Noriko
"You could've." A nod. "You could've. Even before now. Accidents, happen. Car crashes, fires, life is fragile. More fragile than we really care to admit. But we're still alive now right? We're still standing right? We're still here. Same thing for this line of work, just the hazards are different, have different names. Someone could've died, someone could've died but no one did. Someone could die, but they won't. Smile. Hold your head up high. You've already saved two people this life. You're a hero. And heroes don't die that easily." An awkward pause. "I swear that sounded better in my head!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 03, 2017, 08:55:03 pm »

Since it didn't seem Freida meant to answer, Yuki did. "Oh, she's just coming as a guest. She was people-watching or something, I think, and I said she could go and do that here and be comfortable. I'll be right back, can you take her to a seat? Do you think she could use my employee discount...?"
"Nah, she can't. Employee discount." Kizuna said. "Can give her preferred service though, since she's a friend 'n all. Or you could just serve her yourself, your shift's comin' up anyways."
"...Huh, completely slipped my mind. I should call Noriko, she probably forgot too with all the magical monster slaying. Be right back, Freida!" Yuki says, before bolting towards the back to meet with the owner.
"...Well, she's a handful sometimes. Wanna be by the window, or just in the aisle?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #844 on: August 03, 2017, 11:55:21 pm »

"I appreciate the thought, Enn." Kouta, on the other hand, seemed distinctly uncomfortable with the talk of death and how hazardous everyday life actually was, looking between Enn and Noriko nervously. "I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. Or, I guess, getting over the fact that demon gods are going to be actively trying to murder me and the other way around."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 04, 2017, 10:34:57 pm »

Yuki
"Ja, that I can tell. I take it she's always like this? Seating I do not mind, whatever is most convenient."

Noriko
"Right ah, I better leave you guys to it then.
Oh and Kouta, don't worry, Noriko's a natural at this."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:38:55 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 06, 2017, 09:54:12 pm »

"Ever since I known her, yeah." the maid says, and leads Freida to a seat in the corner of the cafe. Kizuna clears her throat, and gets back "in-character". "Well then, mistress, would you like something to drink? I'll serve you until Yuki-chan comes back!"

--

Noriko would feel her phone buzz. When she got around to looking, it was a text from Yuki. Boss asked if u r coming for your shift. read the hastily-written text.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #847 on: August 06, 2017, 11:14:45 pm »

Noriko bit back a curse when her phone buzzed. She'd forgotten entirely about the shift.

Will be there soon. Forgot because of today.

"Sorry, Kouta, I'll play with you tonight. I'll ask the boss if I can step back my hours some, okay?"
The boy made a disappointed face, alleviated somewhat by the hug Noriko pulled him into. "I know. But it's getting better now, promise."

With that, she headed off and out of the building after gathering up her uniform. One she was outside, she pondered for a moment. If normal people would think up some mundane explanation. . . She leapt up to the rooftops, being careful not to catch any of her various frills on anything, and started to run at top speed toward the cafe, as she was rather lacking in a ride at the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 08, 2017, 07:12:52 am »

Yuki
Freida suppresses a chuckle "I'll have tea, chrysanthemum if you have it, earl grey otherwise. Oh and a cake, I've heard the cakes here are good."

Noriko
The trip is an uneventful one, you do draw some gazes but as expected people are surprisingly indifferent to a flying girl. Well not too surprising perhaps, all your life you been told the things you've seen aren't real, and for now, you're one of those things.

Kouta
Another flicker, Winter appears next to Kouta, her smile apologetic, which is to say ill-suited to its wearer.
"I could play with you if you wish."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:39:15 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 08, 2017, 07:22:16 am »

Shef exited the building aimlessly. He still had a few hours before his meet-up with Rosario. He supposed that he would go and grab a quick dinner, and make a few requests of the AIs. And after that? Shef didn't know. Perhaps he'd just head over to the bar a bit early, keep things subtle? He passed through the streets, eventually coming to a stop in front of a building. Once he arrived at his room on the third floor, he set out to prepare a quick dinner, nothing too fancy, and began to write things down on a small list.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 08, 2017, 01:31:24 pm »

Kizuna nods. "Right away!" and heads off to place the order.

A few minutes later, Yuki comes to the table with a tray. "Sorry for taking a while, my spare was sorta buried in the back. Anyway, chrysanthemum tea, and one of our specialty cakes! I hope you enjoy!"
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 09, 2017, 12:22:33 am »

Yuki
"Thank you, I will." She takes a sip of the tea, apparently not minding the temperature.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:39:31 pm by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 11, 2017, 02:30:51 am »

Noriko wasn't the only one heading to the café at that moment -- Faith, having been left with some time after her heartening conversation with Minato, had nervously waffled for a while on what to do before she eventually decided that she could head on down to the café and talk to her sister. Faith realized that everything was happening in a whirlwind today, but she was absolutely giddy on that high of knowing that there was actually someone in the world who liked her enough to ask her out! So she figured Yuki would probably likemto hear too.

...she was walking normally, however, not traveling by parkour.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 11, 2017, 07:19:39 am »

Yoake chuckles. "Yeah, we sure did. Now, are there any other questions? Maybe more related to Keijo?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 11, 2017, 07:30:40 am »

Yoake
"How do you recommend dealing against someone with a knife?"