Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223440 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #825 on: July 30, 2017, 09:18:39 pm »

"It's fine. Don't mind Kouta, by the way, he's just shy." She avoided adding "he's not used to adults being nice." A part of her wanted to be polite and let the man in - especially since they'd already been in life-and-death situations before - but the dude was sketchy. Not the greasy, back-alley-panty-salesman kind of sketchy, but the sort with motives that could very well run over yours without so much as braking.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 30, 2017, 11:11:13 pm »

"Uh... yeah, I guess that works! I really don't see any reason why not, heheh." Faith puts her hands to her cheeks, presently just as pleased as punch.
"Well....that's a thing, I suppose. Yeah."
Minato seems half-surprised and half-pleased.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 31, 2017, 07:49:35 am »

Might as well ask straight out. . . Noriko hadn't taken the opportunity to dismiss him that Shef had offered. It could simply be politeness, but either way Shef felt a bit more comfortable with remaining. He glanced at his watch, and noted that his meeting wouldn't happen for a few hours.

"So, are you alright?" He wasn't asking out of pure concern, instead he posed it somewhat out of necessity for their working together going forward. Though, the question was not entirely devoid of concern. "The getting shot in the head thing, and Minato? And Aramitama hunting in general, since you mentioned it."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #828 on: August 01, 2017, 01:34:10 am »

"Been better, but that might just be in my head. I don't think I'll have trouble adjusting to the Aramitama hunting thing, though. It's a good thing, and it's gotten Kouta into a better place." She turned her head back to the aforementioned child for a moment. "Just start singleplayer or something, I'll join you in a little bit."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 01, 2017, 02:35:48 am »

Yoake stretches, before clearing her throat loudly to claim the attention of the class. "Hello, one and all! I'm very glad to see you have all arrived today! You obviously know of the great majesty of Keijo, as I doubt you would come here otherwise. Since this is the first lesson, however, we shall still be going over some basics! No going on the Land today folks, not until you've gotten your Land License. To get that, we'll run through some beginner exercises, working our way into more specific moves." Yoake begins the lesson quickly, getting everyone to group up.

She runs through some basic exercise and stretches, before she gets to training them on the more particular moves. She has to be careful though, as her butt is that of a highly trained professional, and one wrong move could break these beginners. She trains them in rudimentary butt and breast fighting techniques, and after a while,  they wrap up and the students begin to leave. "Phew. What a day. This sure is great."

Yoake stays until everyone else is finished, in case anyone approaches her.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 01, 2017, 04:04:16 am »

Yoake
The lesson was, rocky. Could've gone better, could've gone worse. The main bump in the road hit when you started going into the actual fighting techniques. Now the people here definitely had some idea of what they were getting themselves into. The ones not dragged here by mischievous friends at least. But when the actual techniques started coming out there was this "Oh shit, we're really going there" moment, especially amongst those who weren't in your earlier classes. It's not just that of course, there is a learning process for every martial art, a kind of acclimatization process required to perform techniques without straining yourself, and when the techniques in question carry the risk of accidental headbutts for the, less well-endowed, or simply falling over while trying to spin around. It will take some time. It always does. But there's potential at least, and as long as they continue striving, you're confident you can mold them into something great.

As for the questions, first question you've got was at length, "Do we have to wear them in swimsuits? Or can we use it for self-defense in normal clothes?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 01, 2017, 04:32:07 am »

Yoake simply smiles. "Of course, a true Keijo master never wears non-swimsuit items of clothing, but instead alters swimsuits to suit their needs. See, my swimsuit, the perfect attire for business occasions. But no, you cannot do it in other clothes. Two piece swimsuits are fine, and you may wrar clothes on top of them, but to perform Keijo without a swimsuit is a disgrace to me, and this dojo."
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 01, 2017, 04:40:47 am »

Yoake
"Oh... right..." the girl seems to deflate "um A-are there any brands you recommend for two-pieces?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 01, 2017, 07:34:55 am »

She had avoided talking about Minato. Suppose it's not worth pushing right now. Shef peered into the room, trying to see which game the kid was waiting on, then addressed Noriko and Kouta. "You don't have to, Kouta. I'm going to be leaving now, so you should be able to play against Noriko." He smiled, and then, turning to leave, asked Noriko, "Have Winter and Enn given you my work number? There are. . . certain circumstances where I might be of use, in addition to when it might be necessary for hunting." If she didn't have it, he offered the number, and then politely withdrew. He hoped it hadn't seemed odd, since he hadn't asked for her number, but it still felt like something that could be misconstrued.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 01, 2017, 10:03:36 pm »

Freida nods as she follows, extinguishing the cigar and throwing it in a bin.
"I suppose I'll see you around, ja?"
"Yeah, I suppose so. Take care."
With that, Rosario too takes his leave, walking away and fading into the crowds.
Yuki waves to Rosario as they leave, and then leads Freida towards the cafe. Upon entering, they are greeted by one of the workers with the standard "Welcome mistress'" thing they do for the female guests, before Yuki talks. "Heeeey Kizuna! Sorry for dropping in without warning, I need to get a new uniform. It kinda got destroyed by supernatural monster things trying to kill me. I think Noriko's did too, I need to get her a spare..."
If the maid - Kizuna - saw something weird about Yuki's statement, she didn't comment on it. She did, however, drop the "polite meido" routine and speak in something of a coarse tone, and with a distinct accent. "Alrighty then, Yuki. The boss'll be in the back, same as always, should have a spare or two if ya ask. Who's your friend? New hire or just going with you?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 02, 2017, 02:19:15 am »

Yoake bursts into a grin, and from somewhere behind her she grabs a clothes rack full of various swimsuits.

"Why I sure do! If you'll take a look at this display, you will see only the finest in garments for the prospective Keijo player, all produced by my company, O shiri no fuku, which produces an amazing selection of swimsuits. Spanning many countries and earning millions of dollars, we use this profit to produce even higher quality swimsuits for the world to revel in. We have options for every body type, weight, asset size, income level, skin tone, favorite color, and skimpiness level. Since you are all my students, this rack is for you to peruse and select your own swimsuit, for free!"

Yoake is positively beaming, and any students who investigate the rack find a lot of outfits that look like something Yoake would wear, along with some less showing ones. There are only female swimsuits available, of course.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 02, 2017, 02:47:02 am »

Yoake
Well uh, this is around the time where you get all manner of expressions in your students. Mostly of the indecisive "I just simultaneously learned a weird fact, won the lotto, and saw a basket full of puppies fall into a woodchipper" variety. It's, taking a while for them to process everything. I mean, some of them were still wrapping around the fact that keijo is simultaneously far more and far less practical than what they expected, and some clearly didn't expect much and then you just dropped your fucking credentials on them, and before they really recovered you started offering them free stuff. Some of them are enthusiastic, some handle the wares looking like they half expect them to be made out of dynamite. Except instead of clay, it's anthrax, like some kind of nitroglycerin-laden bioweapon paper mâché. Nonetheless most eventually take one, possibly out of some morbid curiosity. A few of them don't, Satoshi included.

The next question you get is something along the lines of "I was wondering how you know Miss Oppai."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 02, 2017, 03:05:09 am »

Yoake looks blank for a second, before she realizes what the student is referring to.

She keeps her cool however, as she responds. "Oh, she's an old friend."
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 02, 2017, 03:27:24 am »

Yoake
"Oh, how did you two meet? Did you two train together or something? She seems to be really good herself!"

Noriko
A flicker. A projected avatar. It's their whole "can I start looking" routine, a warning that they'd turned on the sound sensors. You get one flicker if you're together, three if you're alone, a sort of "about to turn on audio sensors" sort of deal. "Hey uh..." You know it's Enn before you even hear her, she's always got a slight delay to her voice, barely a split second, barely noticeable, but it's there. "Is everything alright in there? Can I come in?"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:43:14 am by Empiricist »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #839 on: August 03, 2017, 02:01:27 am »

"Huh? Um, yeah, we were just about to start up Ring." She wondered why the AI sounded so hesitant - on the one hand, she supposed it could be avoiding violating their privacy. But on the other, they were basically taking space in the AIs' home. And. . . why wouldn't everything be alright?
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 285