Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223839 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Curse of Tamamo-no-Mae
« Reply #3645 on: October 19, 2019, 07:25:22 pm »

"<Sure. One of the alcoholic ciders, and, got any deserts?>"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: October 19, 2019, 07:34:20 pm »

Shef
"<Coming right up.>"
She places a desert menu in front of you and casually shoots a man as he enters, the guy dissipating in a puff of blue smoke. Useful. You take the healing potion. You still feel like shit but at least you're a bit further from losing now. Menu meanwhile is split into two main sections - hot and cold. Cold has well, ice-cream, cold sweet soups, cakes, fruit salads. Hot has things like fried buns with custard, hot sweet soups, hot crepes, and churros.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: October 19, 2019, 07:40:48 pm »

"<Christ, I thought you just meant, if he attacked or something. Not that I'm complaining. Though, how'd you know? Which, that is.>" He'd order one of those sweet soups, hot, with the stipulation that when delivered, he wanted it placed on the opposite side of the table from him by the wait staff.

Next step, he'd send out one of the aerial drones to wait outside of the restaurant from a high point of view. He'd have to leave eventually, and he wanted eyes for when he did, or in case he was forced out.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: October 19, 2019, 08:49:35 pm »

"<I guess? What do you want to try- Oh, phone.>" Yuki picked up the phone. "Hello, <hello>!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: October 19, 2019, 09:33:14 pm »

"<Hello, sorry to bother, but I've been poisoned.">

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: October 19, 2019, 09:35:14 pm »

"<Oh, that's not good. You should come over and let me heal you. Where are you?">
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: October 19, 2019, 10:10:15 pm »

"<No! It isn't good. I'm in this restaurant, and I can't really leave right now for reasons that have to do with why I'm poisoned.>" Shef gave the name of the restaurant, and the location.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: October 20, 2019, 05:30:26 am »

Faith had put her face in her hands for a moment at the fact that her sister had been out involved in God only knows what last night and today, had become intoxicated and then woke up with Noriko and a strange girl, and was evidently being attacked and subjected to mental spells.
"<I think it's probably best not to cast any more mental attack spells on Yu-->" And then Yuki was called. "What's going on, Yuki?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: October 20, 2019, 05:43:36 am »

Minato
"So it was. And yet you prevailed still."
The headless Bodhisattva paces in place, hands resting behind its back.
"You are dismissed. You are more than they say you are, Minato Kumon. One of the better contenders for Yukari's legacy... Yes, we will watch your development with interest. Now if you will excuse me, I must reincarnate."
And with that another truck fucking crashes into them and explodes.

Shef
She flashes her phone. There's some sort of social networking app on it 3 friends nearby. Complete with locations too. One of them vanishes. A text message pops up.
Quote from: From: Ignis
wtf?

Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

"<Returning Blade - Skysplitter>"

A blade returned to its sheath. A single step forwards. And then, a flash of light that cleaved apart the world. A piercing shriek. A plume of dust. A monoatomic blade screaming toward your throat.

Iaido is, flashy. It's pretty damn anime too if you're into that. And perhaps most importantly, it's a little on the impractical side. Generally speaking there's little reason to sheath a sword after drawing it, combat-wise anyways. But such inefficiencies are what rituals thrive on, a little drawback as tribute for services to be rendered. In this case, it manifested as speed. It was manifested as power. One and the same really, faster it move the more kinetic energy it has, the more it hurts when it strikes something. This attack? A lot of power. Funny thing about iaido though - it's a little predicable. You can only strike at so many angles from drawn position. It's all geometry really, all swordfighting is at its heart. You rush forwards not because of your reflexes, because of your strength, no, you rush forwards because of your guard, your positioning, your footwork. Position yourself right and geometry does all the work for you.

And what is in the blade's path but a forgery? Once a blade, now an explosion, now ruin. The katana shatters. The difference between them and you, is that your weapons are expendable. More than theirs at least. They can recover of course, that wasn't really their Regalia, no their Regalia was only the hilt, the blade was a product of it. He could replace it quickly enough, just need to return it to his sheath. A bit of difficult task now though, now that Durandal has pierced his chest.

Blood splatters across pavement and you kick him off your blade. It's nothing personal, but if he something up his sleeve he might've tagged you on the way out. Even in a fight between normal humans, a fatal strike rarely kills in an instant. There is always time, time for the vanquished to drag their killer down with them somewhere in that haze of adrenaline and action. For the purposes of most duels, that would still be a mutual KO.

His bracelet flashes and he's teleported out.

Two people rush you from behind. They're out too - just needed to lign up the forgeries and they impaled themselves. A bullet pings off your armor, that, that's beneath your concern. You look for more fruitful targets, more pressing threats.

Such is the situation you've found yourself in, a free-for-all of sorts. Sure, the general rule's that you won't just accept fights from any Tom, Dick, and Harry, there aren't enough hours in the day really, but you gotta break in your new techniques somehow, and there's no substitute for a real living thinking opponent. Besides, here in another realm long repossessed from the Earth you're not Minato Kumon, at least few would recognize you as such. Here, you're just a man in some fancy armor, just another duelist come to enjoy the festival. It makes things a little easier. At the very least, the spotlight ain't entirely on you.

And hey, you didn't sculpt that body of yours just by reading did you?

The arena is a floating city square recreated from sand. You're somewhere near the center now, a bloody swathe carved behind you.

There's no helping it really, Godslayers are well, they're a bit of a cut above most Awakened. So what would pose a threat to you should probably be whoever's wreaked just as much havoc someone such as say... ah, your gazes just met. Yeah, that mage is a threat.

She is dressed in a robe plated with black metal, her Regalia seems to take the form of long slender gauntlets inset with purple gets. An amplifier or catalyst type most likely. The unadorned staff, you're pretty sure it's just a summoned weapon. Effective enough in the right hands, but well, it's something you could destroy, just like that sword.

She, doesn't seem to be doing a lot of fighting though, not personally at least. That centaur cosplaying as a Tron character or something, the one at her side? Yeah... he's doing a lot of fighting. Lotta people getting pinned down by arrows of starlight.

You're guessing she's some kinda summoner. General trick with these is yeah, fucking gank the summoner.
"<A seven ringed shield? In that case... Chiron you are dismissed. I summon thee, Abraxas!>"

[Now Playing: I'll Face Myself]

Okay yeah, definitely a summoner. So Chiron goes away in a puff of blue flames and with a swipe of her staff the Urbane Evoker conjures a new figure clad in mechanical armor with an almost chimeric appearance. Okay. No big deal, just a representation of the thing Basilideans credit with the creation of all intelligent thought and the bootstrapping of 365 heavens bearing down on you.

Right, they're a ways away still, other side of the square. Gonna have to blast through a dozen or so people to really reach her. Her summon doesn't have to worry too much about that, no, he's got a ranged attacks. A silvery orb gathers in his palm, fragments of burning metal precipitating out of the growing orb in a lattice-like pattern. He lets it loose. It's aimed a little short? Okay, probably some kinda AoE and aimed to discourage your approach. Move forward fast enough and you could probably duck under it, move too slow and it nails you. Hang back and you could probably dodge it.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 05:57:33 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: October 20, 2019, 07:01:00 am »

"<Good to know.>" That was confirmation enough of Shef's theory. There might be other explanations but this fit too well.

"<Bit of an invasion of privacy don't you think.>"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: October 20, 2019, 02:08:32 pm »

"Oh, Shef got poisoned apparently. He's asking me to go over to where he is and try and heal that."
Sigtext!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: October 20, 2019, 05:21:44 pm »

"He got poisoned...?" Faith rubbed her face for a moment, with a sigh. "We will need to keep trying to figure out what happened with you later, Yuki, but... yeah. Let's go."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: October 22, 2019, 04:08:11 pm »

Yuki got up. "I'll be back I guess? Oh, can I take the ice cream to go? Oh and your number so I can call you if/when something needs doing and I can't come back?"
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: October 22, 2019, 08:37:28 pm »

Shef
She shrugs "<Eh, you can turn it off if you don't want the tracking.>"

Faith and Yuki
((Assuming Yuki said that last bit in English.))
"<Okay, um, I could follow you. What's going on?">

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: October 22, 2019, 08:44:55 pm »

"<Suppose that'll be his next move then.>"

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 285