Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223831 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Being Yuki Is Suffering
« Reply #3615 on: October 13, 2019, 09:37:40 pm »

Faith let out a long sigh and sat down as Yuki described what had happened. Yuki, of all people, had gotten blackout drunk? Oh, this was bad.
"Yuki... ah... what's the first thing you remember after having those drinks?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: October 13, 2019, 09:40:23 pm »

"Waking up in a hotel room with Noriko (who also was dressed weirdly) and someone who was apparently a princess. Apparently she and Noriko had a date?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: October 14, 2019, 01:04:20 am »

"<And where would I look to find this Elodia person? Some management building on the resort?"> Shef took a moment to finish off the bowl of stew, then continued pointedly.

"<We're going to be having a talk later today.>"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: October 16, 2019, 08:02:03 am »

Shef
"<Far from here. Her office is a number, I suppose she wouldn't mind me dialling. You wanna talk now or later?>"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: October 16, 2019, 04:13:32 pm »

"<Suppose then, a face to face would be impossible?>" This was a bit disappointing, for obvious reasons.

"<An introduction could smooth things over later I suppose, if another call is needed. But. . .>" If his formless suspicions had basis, and more than simply a rogue or thoughtless staff member was responsible, did he really want to alert the manager immediately? Things could be swept under the rug quickly if anyone was made aware that he was prying. Even if there was no involvement by management, they might try to downplay things for the sake of reputation. No, Shef didn't need to talk about this now, he'd collect all the information he could about the catalytic events of the previous night, before letting anyone know he was suspicious. "<Nah, it can wait. Got a lot to do now anyway, hopefully Yuki hasn't been jumped by any of the other groups while we've been split up.>"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: October 16, 2019, 05:29:45 pm »

Faith floundered for several moments, gaping and really just having NO idea how the hell to respond to that.
"You..." Faith fell silent again. "You... woke up with clothes on... okay, so at least there's that. Do you... have any... hmm... um..." Faith sighed, and moved closer to Yuki. "You don't think you were... doing anything without clothes with them, right? Um... nothing... nothing sexual, right?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: October 16, 2019, 05:32:37 pm »

"Well I don't know, it's basically a total blackout. I'm sure princess whose name I'm having trouble remembering would have told us if we lost our clothes. Maybe they got destroyed in a fight or something and that's why we got the new ones?" Some of the implications seemed to fly over Yuki's head. Yuki paused, and blinked once - "Idea." she turned to Maria and then talked in English. Faith, assuming she hadn't already known about it, would probably note that Yuki's speech was fairly accented, and she talked a bit slowly with some pauses to find the word, but otherwise seemed pretty good at saying what she wanted. "<Did you see anything about last night in the mind reading attack? Since I don't remember anything but it might be subconscious or something.>"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 09:57:48 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: October 16, 2019, 10:59:47 pm »

Shef
"<Hope not, that'd make my job harder.>"

Faith and Yuki
"<What happened last night?>" She sounds, kinda out of it, probably since she was just sitting there awkwardly during your exchange with Faith. "<Oh um... maybe? Do you want to try? >"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: October 17, 2019, 06:01:36 am »

"Oh? At this point, Shef had finished his meal, and the first thing he'd do would be to check the proximity detector on the bracelet

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: October 17, 2019, 07:43:12 am »

Shef
"<She ain't my target.>"
Adversary pass detected. Could be anywhere in the restaurant or just outside it. It's definitely here though.
"<Relax, I'd rather not make a mess here. Hell, I'll show you around here if you want too. No surprise, no ambushes. You've got my word. Sparring's good and all, but the market's worth checking out, and if you plan on taking anything home, you'll need contacts.>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: October 17, 2019, 02:29:43 pm »

"<Why now, why waste some of the time you could use preparing another ambush? You've got limited time, right, and I've got the next few days when I can take a look around the market.>" Of course if Ignis was only here for the day, Shef wouldn't say no to taking advantage of this opportunity. But, it seemed odd, and he wasn't about to take this person at merely their word.

"<Seems like the reason to do it now would be to distract, gain intel, or poison like you planned before. Maybe even sticking with your word, and only attacking with whatever item I purchased that you concealed yourself in, the moment I'd left. Seems in your best interest. . .">

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3626 on: October 17, 2019, 06:23:25 pm »

"I. . . er. . . " Noriko was at a loss. How was she supposed to explain that this girl should have been deeply offended by what she was saying. "I mean, where I'm from, liking girls - if you're a girl too - ugh." Noriko sighed, and began again. "I was basically calling you a degenerate pervert because you like other girls, which sounds even dumber when I say it out loud."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: October 17, 2019, 07:11:52 pm »

Shef
"<Ah, so you've a few days then. That changes things. Easier for me too.>"

Producing a notepad, he jots something down, tearing out the page and sliding it over to you. It's an address.
"<Yuki was spotted entering there a few minutes ago.>"

Noriko
"Oh, didn't really notice." She didn't notice? "You get used to tuning things out when you grow up in the public eye. People always say things and then everyone forgets by the next week at latest." She shrugs. "I was more worried I made a faux pas. Plus Earth's pretty strange so I might be chalking everything down to that."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: October 17, 2019, 07:55:25 pm »

"<Thanks. I guess. I've got no real plans yet, and I'm sure I could persuade the AI to give me some free time, so when in the next few days works best for you?>" Shef changed the subject, not wanting to focus on the fact that the man was currently obtaining info in a way that did not require him to appear to do so. Was it an internet uplink like the Princess had? Maybe a projection outside, checking on a phone?

But, there was the bracelet, which Ignis had recovered. Given where Ignis had positioned himself for the man in the middle trick, his range probably wasn't long enough to directly recover the bracelet. And, when he'd incinerated the doppelgangers, with the fake vial, there'd been no bracelet left behind. So it must be transportable. But Shef's wasn't, clearly it wasn't an inherent property, so something about the man's abilities must involve transporting complex objects. There was something there, and Shef would poke at that bit of intel in a bit, when Ignis wasn't so close.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: October 18, 2019, 07:33:35 am »

Shef
"<Depends. 4 am or so works best, but that might be too odd.>" Right, Awakened don't sleep too much do they? Well, they don't need to anyways. "<How's 10 am work?>"
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 285