Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223823 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Being Yuki Is Suffering
« Reply #3600 on: October 13, 2019, 03:21:45 am »

<"Well that does make sense, but you'll have to accept me being a little bit coy about these things.>" If it was a risky gamble, there'd definitely be some unlikely situations where it might pay off.

"<But to be honest, there's not much more I could say about her besides name and a few details I wouldn't care to reveal to a stranger. Just not polite to do so without permission, you know?>"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 09:34:47 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: October 13, 2019, 03:42:10 am »

"<Uh-- no, it's-- it's fine. Um... I don't need a refund. Thank you though.>"

Faith then winced as a banging sound reached her ears from somewhere behind the man at the stand.
"<Yikes. What was that?>"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: October 13, 2019, 08:45:23 am »

"<Nope, not from here. I'm from... uh, I guess Earth would be correct? More specifically Japan. We definitely have ice cream, I just didn't recognize the flavors of it. I'll go with what you suggested.>" She would, in fact, order that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: October 13, 2019, 09:10:20 am »

Shef
"<Nah, I'm not that curious. How's the food?>"

Faith
"<That room is for my sister and her guests. The spacial enchantments are, imperfect. It can be, awkward.>" You hear another crash and clatter. "<On second thought, I should go check.>" He knocks on the door, moving it open "<Is everything okay?>"

You catch a glimpse into the room, of a girl hugging another girl across the table from her. The second girl's a little wide-eyed, clad in a corroded dress that was once armored, and uh, did she start using hair gel?  Still you recognize her, how could you not? That's Yuki.

Yuki
"<Earth...? That would explain... Oh. Oh.>"
With a rush of air and a clatter of furniture Maria lunges for you, trapping you in another hug.
"<I-it's okay! You're safe now! E-everything will be okay! I-I didn't know things were that bad for you! You, you must have gone through a lot!>"
Is, is it that bad? What kinda reputation does Earth have around here?

There's a knock on the door.
"<Is everything okay?>"
The door swings open revealing a man and... is that Faith behind him?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: October 13, 2019, 09:23:16 am »

"I-I'm fine, really," Which was complete bullshit but she'd tried to convince herself of that for a while yet... then the door opened. "Everything's fine! She's just very emotional I think! Oh, hi Faith! Were you getting ice cream too? Me and this girl were in a fight a bit ago and then she decided to stop fighting and get ice cream instead." She gave the girl hugging her a pointed look - private matters, not her business to tell, etc.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: October 13, 2019, 09:26:02 am »

Faith and Yuki
So uh, you walk in on the two hugging and then Yuki gives the girl this weird pointed look and you think the girl nodded a bit?
"<Erm, sorry! Two vanillas with a dash of ephemeral bliss please!>"
"<Okay?>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: October 13, 2019, 09:40:42 am »

"<Quite good, assuming it's not poisoned. There's a bit of a tang in the bouillabaisse that I'm rather liking.>"

"<At the resorts, like the Gauntanamo bay one, do you know if visitors fron earth are particularly rare?>"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 10:38:20 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3607 on: October 13, 2019, 11:11:41 am »

"I. . . I guess. I just want him to have a normal life, you know? Nobody staring at him or spreading rumors about his big stepsister." Noriko sighed. "I should apologize. I haven't been particularly nice to you, have I?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: October 13, 2019, 06:23:56 pm »

Shef
"<Guantanamo? No. Place has an arrangement. They provide facilities and lodgings for Godslayers, and they get debates and protection in exchange. Elsewhere? You guys are a rarer sight.>"
He notes the general perception of Earth, at length what you can gather is that Earth is, at best, regarded as a peculiar place. At worst, it's regarded sort of like Chernobyl if Chernobyl was in the middle of Afghanistan and infested with Australian wildlife, like some sort of barren Mordor-esque hellscape filled to the brim with Aramitama and vehicular manslaughter. Especially vehicular manslaughter. Apparently the general fragility of mundane people is something that boggles the mind here. Still the place is also regarded as being basically the cutting edge for certain kinds of research, a world of unparalleled historical significance (for it is where all realms lead back to) and the only real source of Godslayers, heros made flesh, superhumans amongst superhumans, more or less. Yeah uh, so it turns out Earth is not what you call a tourism hotspot.
"<Or so that's what you'll hear anyways. Jack's mostly just complained about the infrastructure, no comment on the Aramitama or traffic accidents.>"

Noriko
"Huh? Where's that coming from? I guess you haven't done anything particularly nice, but I don't think you've done anything mean either?"
She really just sounds bemused more than anything else. Did she not consider your words hurtful? Or is she just plain dense?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: October 13, 2019, 06:41:44 pm »

"<Yeah, infrastructure has never been exceptional anywhere. Bureaucracy and everything. Anyway, back to Guantanamo, they're used to earthlings, yes. Thus their staff should have some experience in dealing with earth customs, or ignorance of Aethertide customs or common knowledge?"> Shef inquired, getting to the heart of what he really wanted to know.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: October 13, 2019, 06:45:23 pm »

Shef
"<Should be, E's pretty across the sort of thing.>"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: October 13, 2019, 07:06:30 pm »

Faith stared out at the commotion inside with a confused squint on her face. "Uh..." Faith slowly walked into the place. What in the world was going on in here? Since when had Yuki had, uh... that... armored dress thing? Had she just been in a fight or had she dug it up all screwed up from somewhere-- oh, the former. What. Why was her hair all like that -- was that just... chuuni things? "Um, yeah, I was getting ice cream. Yuki, uhhhhhh... what exactly... okay, so, I guess, my first question is: how did you get all like... that?"

She gestured at Yuki's hair and clothes.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: October 13, 2019, 07:09:43 pm »

"Noriko and I got in a fight with some kind of adventurer-trainee group and one of them kinda transformed in the middle of the fight and went berserk, and I'm pretty sure I'm way more durable than my clothes. ...I don't know where the clothes came from though, that was probably sometime last night? To be honest I don't remember much after Noriko and I got our drinks. What about you? Have a nice day so far?"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:20:17 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: October 13, 2019, 07:37:51 pm »

"<E?>"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: October 13, 2019, 08:32:09 pm »

Shef
"<Elodia, she manages the whole operation there. Pretty sharp lady.>"
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 285