Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223822 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Being Yuki Is Suffering
« Reply #3585 on: October 11, 2019, 11:02:45 pm »

Shef
"<Private eye, not-so-private eye, a bit of adventurer work if the job looks interesting. All-round troubleshooter really. Name's Ignis, nice to meet you.>"

Ignis
Man in the Middle
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3586 on: October 11, 2019, 11:11:44 pm »

Noriko sighed, though the breath was still tense. "I know. It's just. . . Nobody his age should have to worry about something jumping out of the woodwork at him, especially when there's nothing he could do to avoid it. And no matter how hard I try, I keep thinking about it, even in a place like this."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: October 11, 2019, 11:24:20 pm »

"<Well. Nice to meet you. I'd say 'I'm Shef' if you didn't already know, but you do, and so here we are.>" Shef commented a bit ruefully. "<Just do what puts the bread on the table then, or something like that?>" He might be reading into it too much, but it sounded a bit. . . purposeless to Shef. Just the way the man phrased it.

"<There a lot of troubleshooting to do around here then, besides the adventuring stuff?>"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:09:09 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: October 11, 2019, 11:29:30 pm »

Noriko
"Of course, but he's probably have thought about it too. It's always good to have someone to talk to, and it is his life in the end. Have you spoken to anyone else about this?"

Shef
"<More do what suits me. And of course, we got cults, we got criminal enterprises, a few folks who think they'll conquer the whole kingdom. Plenty of trouble to shoot.>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: October 12, 2019, 12:01:22 am »

"<Trouble to shoot, like missing bioweapons? Or was that something else?>" Shef questioned.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:08:38 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: October 12, 2019, 12:23:06 am »

Shef
"<Not really my kind of thing, I prefer something a little more people-focused.>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: October 12, 2019, 07:56:12 am »

"<What was up with that then?>"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:08:26 am by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: October 12, 2019, 08:02:06 am »

Shef
"<You'll see.>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: October 12, 2019, 08:08:10 am »

"<Tell me, pretty please?>" Shef activated his requiem.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: October 12, 2019, 08:18:40 am »

Shef
"<I was the fake vial and going to poison and ambush you.>" A pause. He blinks. "<Y'know, I'm really starting to hate that thing.>" Well at least he's still saying it jovially. That being said, what the fuck? The fake Fiona and everything on her person burst into the flames. That includes the vial. Is he resisting enough to lie? But if so, why such a bizarre lie? Is the truth stranger than fiction? Or is this some sort of crazy mindgame?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: October 12, 2019, 08:26:26 am »

"<. . .Well, if you'd managed to get through the transaction, it probably would have worked honestly. But I mean, did you want to fight Yuki as well?>" Shef considered, trying to conceal how completely baffled he was. If the man was lying, then this would be some kind of setup for later. He had said Shef would see, but. . .what about this statement supported that, if it was truth or lie? If it was lie, nothing in it really revealed much to Shef that would affect how he acted, save to make him a bit more suspicious of everything. If it was the truth, how would he have seen later? Was there going to be a repeat attempt? Good lord.

"<Yeah I can see why one would hate it. Recently came to the conclusion that I need to be using it a lot more, so, sorry about that.>" He did not sound sorry at all.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: October 12, 2019, 08:41:01 am »

Shef
"<Well, the plan was to take you out quick and leg it. Since we're revealing our hands now, mind telling who that other girl was?>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: October 12, 2019, 08:47:14 am »

"<Well maybe I'm a bit hesitant to reveal something like that, given your adeptness at creating impersonations. But, you know, I'll tell you a little. She's a high schooler, from earth, who jumped me in the street a few hours ago, and then I persuaded her to help out. Never really met her before that, but apparently others on the team knew her.>" Technically true, but who knew, maybe not mentioning that he had seen her back on earth would be a useful test if this Ignis fellow decided to try impersonating her.

Granted maybe asking about her would be a decent distraction from impersonating one or more other people, but whatever.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 04:32:44 pm by Strider03 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: October 12, 2019, 09:45:54 pm »

Yuki
"<I think it's covered by the Tragic Backstory Clause. Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.>"
More fidgeting
"<Um, so, would you like to make your order?>
"<Oh, yeah, I could. Uh... do you have any recommendations? I don't recognize any of these flavors...>"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: October 13, 2019, 02:42:22 am »

Shef
"<Oh you don't have to worry about that, it's fine enough if the mark doesn't know the guy or if I've set up a Man in the Middle situation like the meeting back there, but impersonating someone closer to the mark? That's not the sort of gamble I like to take.>"

Yuki
"<W-wait really? Are you not from- Oh that would explain why everything looked so different and- er... right! Right... you guys do from um, icecream where you're from right? Maybe um er... Vanilla with a dash of Ephemeral Bliss? ...Wait where you from?>"
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 285