Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223797 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Alice, Bob, and Mallory
« Reply #3480 on: September 17, 2019, 07:29:51 am »

"They're not illusions though? I touched your double's hand, it was a construct of some kind." Shef found himself attempting to stall. Everything he'd put up with so far would be rendered pointless if his illusion was broken here.

"Your double disappeared in flames, how did you do that, could we try it with these as well?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: September 17, 2019, 07:38:55 am »

"I don't think I can turn that off actually. It kinda just automatically happens because I'm kinda auto-healing all the time and the shield comes up whenever I heal someone and that includes myself. Also, if I was an illusion would I be able to block? The one that looked like you didn't even block physical contact, let alone an attack."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:41:16 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: September 17, 2019, 07:48:05 am »

Shef and Yuki
"You knows?" she wonders, casually putting another bullet into you. Your healing quickly handles what little damage it did. Flicking the tiny pistol open she empties four spent cartridges into her hand, pocketing them before replacing them with four more and takes aim at Shef.

Shef's doppelganger stares icily at him.

"One story at a time." Fiona moves to pull the trigger.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: September 17, 2019, 08:22:14 am »

"What's their story? And, why would we reveal the compromised situation with the projections, if we weren't the real ones?" Shef spoke quickly, hoping again to stall.

If he was just shot, he'd redirect with a cached portal. Perhaps he could pass that off as an automated defense just like Yuki's.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: September 17, 2019, 08:33:52 am »

Shef and Yuki
"What projections? You're just trying to pass yourselves off as us and take the weapon!"

"They said you swiped the phone and planted a bug and tracker on them!" she turns to face your opposites "And they're saying you're fakes!"

She casually shoots you, the shot portaling away as your cached portal springs open. She fires three more times.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: September 17, 2019, 08:51:02 am »

Yuki turned to her own doppelganger. "Hey, me, are you an illusion? Or are you some evil clone? Or are you a good clone that's being tricked to do bad things?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: September 17, 2019, 09:57:56 am »

Three more of the ten cached portals are triggered. "It's automatic. . . Sorry" Shef murmured, trying to portray some measure of regret about that fact.

"Anyway, this should be easy, right? We just ask more questions, and it should become clear who's real. I can start. . ."

"So, fake me, who's the sixth member of our group who didn't come with us on this trip? What is the name of Noriko's brother? What guided the missiles in the fight at the Appleton Estate? And. . . Well let's go with those, then you can ask some, then Fiona."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 01:55:32 pm by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: September 17, 2019, 05:16:39 pm »

Yuki
"I was about to ask the same thing! Do you have my memories too? A misguided hatred of me that's just because you want to be loved? Any special evil powers?"

Shef
Fiona simply produces a Derringer from her other sleeve and fires. You feel a sharp pain in your chest. Not the sharpest, not the deepest, but pain nonetheless. Error messages flash across your interface, a circular hole opens in your shirt, your real shirt. Your illusion begins its reboot process. A vectorless attack, some spherical cutting field.

"Let's start with who you are!"

Your doppelganger stares with concern and disbelief. You know enough to deblieve those expressions too. "What would you have done if that was the real me?"

Sakurako
Well, Shef's illusion just crashed...

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: September 17, 2019, 05:22:47 pm »

"Neat." Shef muttered. Guess that wasn't going to work anymore.

"I'm Shef. Now answer the questions if you can. You not answering seems reason enough to disbelieve your stories as well."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 05:25:24 pm by Strider03 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: September 17, 2019, 05:35:19 pm »

"Well, if I had an irrational hatred of you I'd probably be attacking instead of chatting, and the same in reverse if you had an irrational hate of me. Unless you're not a physical being and just an immaterial illusion like the fake Fiona we ran into, in which case it might be because you can't act on it. I definitely have all my memories except when I was like, super intoxicated last night and woke up in a hotel room with Noriko and a princess. I have noooo idea what was in my drinks, they said it wasn't booze. Hey when was the first time I went into this weird mind-numbing berserk rage in a fight, just to test your memories? Oh, yeah that's Shef, he had the illusion up since he was hiding from some people as part of our training and then things got flipped around some and he swapped with Noriko."
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: September 17, 2019, 05:57:20 pm »

Shef and Yuki
"But maybe one of us is just acting friendly in the hopes of backstabbing and replacing the other! And of course! I did in the fight against Hitler-Stalin-superman!"

"Well, he -is- super sketchy! Hey Shef, what was the first Aramitama Yuki and Noriko killed? What sealed the entrance to the Appleton Estate Sanctuary? Does Faith really pad her chest?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: September 17, 2019, 06:05:47 pm »

"Called himself Jason Humongous or something as far as I know. A pair of panties. And uh, it doesn't seem likely." Shef answered promptly.

"If that one doesn't answer my questions I'm gonna shoot it, okay?" Shef gestured at the copy of his illusion.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:21:09 pm by Strider03 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: September 17, 2019, 06:59:32 pm »

"I mean let's be honest, is backstabbing our style? I mean the metaphorical 'betrayal' sort, not the literal backstabbing which we kinda do a lot."

"She doesn't pad, I give her enough hugs to know that much."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:01:50 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: September 17, 2019, 09:24:51 pm »

This is stupid.

Sakurako was in the driver's seat still, but only just, her blood was pumping and complaining that it needed to do something not just sit here and watch.

Hang on.

the problem here was that the doubles seemed to know most of what they'd done... not surprising, to be honest, but... would they know about her? Doubtful, she'd met shef all of once in a backalley and as far as she knew baghead and co. didn't know she existed. So what if she threw a little chaos into the situation. And so she drops down off her perch and into the crowd, making her way over to the group, hefting the shopping bag that she'd gotten when she'd bought her replacement vials earlier and had until now kept folded up and stowed away, shoving things back into it to make it look full.

"Darling, I finished~" She'd try to come out near the imitation Shef, giggling and throwing her arms around it, letting the instincts coming from her drugs take over regarding the... exact nature of her actions. Highly embarassing later, likely *extremely* convincing that they were in some sort of relationship if the person in question didn't know otherwise. "Oooh, is that that girl you were talking about? Why are there two of her?" She tries to play up the oversexed manipulative higschooler angle, as if he'd told her about them but they'd never actually met, hoping that the sheer confusion of what the christ was she doing would be enough to break the script like so many dried noodles.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: September 17, 2019, 10:30:09 pm »

Sakurako, Shef, and Yuki
"Oh hi dear, how were the markets?"
The doppelganger takes Sakurako's reaction in its stride even if its stride is most certainly little moe than a drunken stumble at this point, some crazed wildcat gamble now most certainly flying by the seat of the raging conflagration that became of their proverbial pair of pants.

You smile, giving a million dollar wink aimed close enough to your shady watchers to provoke suspicion and panic, but far enough off to leave them guessing.

"Hi! Who are you? A girlfriend? A co-conspirator?"
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 285