Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223784 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Citium School of Ass Beating
« Reply #3435 on: September 14, 2019, 11:15:25 pm »

"That's Australia. Emus don't live anywhere else. And they're not a population threat." Noriko sighed into the boards again. "It's just. . . I'm not like Minato, I'm not okay with everyone thinking I'm a pervert."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Citium School of Ass Beating
« Reply #3436 on: September 14, 2019, 11:23:50 pm »

Noriko
"Oh, I had no idea!"
Clearly.
"Dumb question but... why would anyone think you're a pervert?"

Shef and Yuki
Pavilion Square. Once a grand palace, then a central station, now a shopping mecca. Its flooded expanses stretch out before you overgrown with plants and train-tracks alike, an immaculate palace in immaculate ruins, the glass still as clear as the crystal waters below, the marble still as pristine as fine as your illusory appearance. So Yuki assures you anyways.

The place is a garden, as much of tracks and ruins as it is of vines and flowers. New platforms rise from beneath the water like the lilypads around them, signal posts grow haphazardly, a few have become bird roosts, a few more signs to help navigate the grand market and train tracks grow and tangle, blooming with ruins of rooms that never were. The tracks have become walkways, and new tenants have settled into the ruins, the broken rooms symbiotic with the creepers that grow up their walls and the merchants who have set up inside, nourished and reinforced, royal elegance intertwining with natural greenery and fresh metropolitan style. You see gardeners tending to the place, pruning it with shears of thermite and guiding it with trellises of steel.

It is beautiful. It perilous. Foot traffic is high, who knows what lies within the crowds? The skeletal rafters and dense treetops make for excellent vantage points or sniper positions, while the ruin-shops and undersides of the platforms could work well for ambushes. It's a tactical nightmare. You mentally kick yourself for not searching the place up, for not interjecting when the lady proposed it, of course she'd suggest it - whoever sets up the meeting holds all the damn cards.

And then, and then you see her. You her waving at Yuki, and your stomach just drops. Those eyes! Dear God, those eyes! They're the eyes of a seasoned soldier, trained and alert with a piercing intensity yet relaxed in spite of it all. You had thought her another eccentric. You had thought wrong. Make no mistake here, this lady is dangerous.

"Hey Yuki! Over here! Over here!"

Sakurako
From your vantage point nestled in a tree above you Shef and Yuki exit the train and make their rendezvous with a lady just inside Pavilion Square. The little boy stayed in the train while Baghead and co rushed up another tree. You take care to remain out of their sight. Something feels wrong. The meeting is going forward as expected but you can't shake that feeling, that almost sickening gut feeling that something's not right. Instincts screaming you scan your surroundings again. Nothing. You scan the rafters, tracing all the way across just in case there's a sniper. Nothing. You shift your gaze back and... wait... what's that? There, deeper in the markets, you can see the same scene playing out a split second in advance.

You see what appears to be Shef and Yuki meeting with the exact same lady.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 08:35:44 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Man In The Middle
« Reply #3437 on: September 15, 2019, 08:37:55 am »

Yuki waves cheerfully. "Hiii!" she says as she walks over. "How's your day been? Mine's been kinda rough to be honest."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: September 15, 2019, 08:43:33 am »

Shef and Yuki
"It's been great for me! Super-productive thanks to you and Noriko! Wait, where's Noriko? Who's the girl with you? Why's your day rough?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: September 15, 2019, 08:57:44 am »

"She needed a break. I'm. . ." How to answer? The woman here knew who each of them were in general, and had chosen this location. She had the bioweapon, and there were two known groups watching Shef and Yuki either of which might be in contact with the woman. So he couldn't reveal who he was, it was one of the few cards he had left, the ability to swap appearances at a critical moment. On instinct, hopefully before too much of a delay, Shef concluded his statement, "Faith. Yuki's sister."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: September 15, 2019, 08:58:49 am »

Shef and Yuki
"Whaaaat? But your breasts aren't nearly as big as Noriko said they were!"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: September 15, 2019, 09:05:41 am »

Oh. Oh shit. She'd mentioned that on the phone. The illusion facilitated an expression of strangled embarassment.

Very quietly, after glancing around, Shef murmured. "Pads. I pad them sometimes." Oh god, this was going to come back to bite him. Maybe the woman would believe it, Noriko had been drunk, right? The sole comfort to Shef was that if she didn't buy it, things wouldn't be much worse than if he'd just revealed himself immediately.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: September 15, 2019, 09:06:46 am »

Shef and Yuki
"No way! Where'd you get them? They must be pretty good right?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Lies And Slander
« Reply #3443 on: September 15, 2019, 09:11:51 am »

There was no way to abort at this point, but Shef did try to pull back. "It's uhm a little embarassing. . .Maybe we can talk about it later when we're not. . . here?" He gestured around at the fairly busy place they found themselves in, still playing with the embarassed expressions the illusion was capable of making. "I can uh call you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: September 15, 2019, 09:21:53 am »

Shef and Yuki
"Sure thing! So... is your sister okay?"

Sakurako
Wait, they're not a split second ahead anymore! They started that way, but now it's kinda, back and forth? The other version of the lady always moves a split second ahead of the one speaking to the real Shef and Yuki, but the real Shef and Yuki are always a split second ahead of their other selves?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: September 15, 2019, 09:35:09 am »

"Well, I woke up without really remembering anything that happened last night, and apparently as part of the whole training thing we get attacked by random people. Noriko was worse off than I was, apparently she didn't even remember her date."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3446 on: September 15, 2019, 04:42:43 pm »

"Girls aren't. . . supposed to like other girls like that. It's not right."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: September 15, 2019, 05:13:15 pm »

Shef and Yuki
"Aww well that isn't too good is it? Don't worry though, I can help! As soon as you answer these questions! And quickly too! When did you Awaken? Where did you Awaken? What are Minato's fetishes? Whose chest did Shef cave in? Describe the Aramitama you've killed! Oh and what happened on the Eleventh of September?"

Noriko
"Oh." She looks a bit confused by all this "Why?" Well that's simple enough to answer and she does seem genuinely oblivious to fact of the matter too, so it probably won't hurt to explain exactly why.

...You do know why right?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3448 on: September 15, 2019, 05:42:23 pm »

"Because. . ." Noriko's sentence ran out of steam completely as she realized she didn't really have an explanation. "I don't know, that's what everyone says. Girls liking girls is for weird anime for otaku to obsess over, you're supposed to just find a nice guy to settle down with in real life."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: September 15, 2019, 06:07:15 pm »

"A month and a half ago, at the cafe I work at, I don't know what a fetish is but last time that came up someone mentioned maids (is it like, a place you like to eat at?), I don't know about Shef caving in any chests I don't think he told me about it, there was one that was like hitler-stalin-superman that was real weird, depends on which year you mean."
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 285