Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223700 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Blast is from another thing I do, lowered in power substantially. Layered to detonate sequentially. Top of that, a layered membrane enchantment. Not based on anything I've done before, worked on it the other day with some mentors." Shef moved on to the details of each enchantment, demonstrating where necessary.

"So, what do you think?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"So you're layering this stuff on one by one?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Correct. I suppose there's a way to fix that?" The man inquired.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko acted on reflex, but dodged backward, moving within the creature's reach and twisting about. She struck toward what passed for the beast's torso with her palm, and as she moved another phrase came to mind. Brahmashirsha Astra. A mass of energy burst out of her palm in the form of another one of her spears, aiming to deal ruinous damage to the thing.

Alter to 4, burn next 5
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Voices]

Noriko spins round rushing into the beast as it strikes. It wasn't a matter of of hitting first, it was a matter of getting close, too close for the punch to work. See, the thing about straight punches is they've got a minimum range, you can't punch someone if they're inside your guard, you can adjust of course, change positioning, change attacks, but that takes time, time the beast does not have.

Noriko lays her palm across the jackal's chest like an incoming sexual harassment lawsuit and a spear of energy explodes into the beast's heart like a surprise homicide charge. There's a furious roar, neither bestial nor arcane, no this was mechanical, a violent mechanical fury. This, was the roar of Yuki's chainsaw as it cleaves down through her prey.

Try replacing that.

Oh wait shi-

A wall of roiling darkness explodes outwards, washing over the duo leaving then disoriented and numb. Euugh. Where the beast fell Gwen lies unconscious. Hooray?.
Noriko, you're still mostly fine honestly. The roiling darkness was unpleasant but it's weak bitch must like all these motherfuckers you've been staunching.

Yuki, you've taken a transmutation beam to the face, so you're a bit worse for wear? Your face hasn't exactly been reduced to a quark-gluon-napalm-ghost-table plasma, but it has fucked your fashion style given that your armored dress is more just plain dress thanks to the plating getting fucked with a jackhammer, edges are kinda corroded too. Also they seem to have just gel'd your hair together or something, in in all, more a mix of general embuggerances than much else.

Shef
"Of course! If complex enchantments were so slow to cast, I'd be in a lot of trouble! What we'll wanna do is make it so that it starts from a seed spell that assembles the real deal, then you'll only new to cast that and pump energy into it. Since it's just repetitive, it shouldn't be too hard, you know much about metamagic?"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:15:48 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"In a very amatuer way, yes. Not enough to build much up on the fly reliably or without some instruction." He had some very basic structures built into the tracer round and a few other ideas he'd worked on, but that was just scratching the surface of what he knew some awakened could do.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yuki's reaction wasn't really what most people who took a scary beam to the face would react with. Although, Yuki didn't react to most things with what was normally expected, because she was Yuki. She coughed and sputtered as if she'd had water splashed in her face, after getting up from the wooziness combined with her wounds knocking her onto her butt. Well, that was pretty rude! The monster was clearly beaten, did they have to be spiteful about it? Her injuries were already healing, though. "Well," she said, before coughing again and then continuing, "That was fun! Noriko, you ok? What about the princess?" she looked around for the girl they'd been with - she was supposed to protect her, but the fight had gotten kinda crazy and she'd lost track!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"So you're familiar with subspells right?"
Well yes, you're not that much of an amateur. Spells can use their own power supply to execute other spells, it's how your tracers and enforcer rounds work after all - rather than requiring you to manually portal them, they've got their power supply for opening portals.
"What we'll wanna do is make the each layer type the other layer type's subspell. That way you just need to make the finest layer and the rest will build itself a long as you keep pumping in energy. Think you can do that?"

Yuki and Noriko
Patricija isn't too hard to find, given well the eyes on her as well as you two, well that and the fact that she is walking towards you two right now. "<That was amazing! I had no idea you two were so strong!>"

A handful of eyes seem to be glancing expectantly between Noriko and the Princess.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:36:17 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki promptly translated for Noriko, before adding her own bit. "<I wasn't expecting to suddenly get into a fight, but that was real fun! I don't know what was going on with the weird shadow robot monster thingy, but that was cool too. Hope she's ok, though.>" she said, utterly oblivious to the stares of the onlookers.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So, recursive? I'll give it a shot." It required reworking the very basic elements of the spell, since it required interlinking the membrane and detonation in a way that hadn't really been there before.

"If it's recursive, what'll put on the brakes? Just some limiting module, or simply cutting the power?" Shef asked, as he attempted to create the connections.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki and Noriko
"<I wasn't either!>" She turns her attention to your vanquished foes "<Gwen'll be alright, just need to sleep it off. We'll go get the seals checked.>" "<Did we do good Miss Instructor?>"

Shef
"Power! It can't make new layers if it doesn't have the power to do it!"
You, think it's working? Are least, it's not exploding in your hands just yet.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I see. You mentioned using fairly complex enchantments?" He cut off the power, hoping he wouldn't end up with some mutated half complete spell layer.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko had hoped, in vain of course, that this day was going to get less annoying and confusing. She glanced between Yuki and Patricija as the former translated for the latter.

"Wait, instructor? You know these people?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Instructor? Did they mess up her name? "<Hm? Yeah, you were cool! That spell sending down all the bombs made it kinda hard to get close without blowing up>." She had no idea what she was talking about, but that was no reason to be rude. Then, to Noriko in Japanese. "Nope!"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:27:32 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Yup! Wanna learn some?"

Yuki and Noriko
"<Heh, I was hoping it could buy us more time, never expected her to turn my own spell against me.>"
"<Say, what was up with those black arrows?>"
Ruben continues staring at Gwen's unconscious form, his priorities clearly elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 285