Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223701 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Yet More Anime Bullshit
« Reply #3270 on: June 29, 2019, 07:49:01 pm »

Shef
"Yoake's butt."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:47:32 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hah, very funny." Shef stated, making it painfully obvious that he did not find it so. "What's the deficiency with the current version."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:31:01 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: June 29, 2019, 08:17:30 pm »

Shef
"Hey! I wasn't joking y'know? It's way too soft right now, you're trying too hard to make sure the membrane won't pop. You need to make it firmer, as firm as you can to hold the blast without breaking. And if you get it near the consistency of a butt, you should be able to make it simulate a Keijo technique so it launches people much further!"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:47:53 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Guess I really should have known." Shef responded uncomfortably. However this quickly shifted to thoughtfulness, as something seemed to occur to him.

"Issue is, how does one make a membrane. . . do that? It's the muscle underneath that's important for Keijo, not the skin. Isn't the issue then, with the blast beneath, not the membrane itself?"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:31:13 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Attack the dang thing and try to cut off the arm that has the weird explosive orb thing growing. Alter to 4 as well, do or die time.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki and Noriko
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Voices]

With a growl Noriko wrenches Nadiye off of her and just fucking beans Ruben with her, knocking him off the beast and judging by the barrier appearing around him, out of the fight. Now it's just Gwen left, or rather, whatever the hell she's become.

It tries to unleash its attack but Yuki's chainsaw cleaves right down through its arm, the orb half fizzling half destabilizing and blowing apart the severed limb in a shower of chaotically transmuted detritus. Course, evil-powered supermodes generally have a little more fight in them so naturally it just keeps on fighting.

With a flash of light a sleek mechanical arm appears, a blend of silver steel and white ceramic, precision actuators and cutting-edge meta-materials replacing the first arm Yuki severed. Electricity arcs across the cybernetic limb's surface as power surges through its systems, the steel fist driving forwards towards Yuki in a hard fast jab all while energy gathers in the beast's mouth preparing to saturate the entire area in front of it with that chaotic energy.

Good thing Noriko's winds have just returned, eh?

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko aims a strike high, sending her two remaining spears towards the thing's head and arm with her wind while darting forward towards the one lodged in it. The airborne spears were aimed to topple the thing backward, disrupt its attacks and leave it vulnerable, while she moved in to slam her weapon further into her target.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

2 Alterations to bring the 1 up to a 3. Use a weapon to propel Minato towards Rho Aias to pick it back up and deflect the shield. Back off to see what the Bodhisattva is planning.
[1 [3] 6 2 1 6 2 2 5 5 2]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: July 09, 2019, 09:57:25 pm »

Minato

[Now Playing: Emperor's New Clothes]

You blow the forgery leaping into the air and catching your shield, not a second too late either - the beam slams into Rho Aias head-on, practically exploding as it ricochets off. But it doesn't stop there, it ricochets off the air coming down for another pass, repeating the process over and over as it jackhammers against your shield, cracks beginning to form across the Regalia's surface as it shoves you through the air before finally fizzling to naught. You can probably block a few more, but their keepaway capabilities are nothing to scoff at.

For now you let yourself clatter to the ground, landing into a roll and guarding position, waiting to see the Bodhisattva's next move.

Apparently, his next move is to hide like a bitch. They're now discharging a beam that splinters into smaller independently targeting beams that seek to strike you from multiple directions to bypass your shield. Though in their defense, they can fire while remaining in perfect cover and you can't, so who's the real bitch here? Hopefully not you.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:17:07 pm by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that didn't go quite as planned. He'd needed the distance in case she rushed him, but apparently there'd been other plans in the works. For now though, he continued to apply the layered enchants to his prototype round. First a portal with the dual purpose of redirect the pillows back and perhaps catching any further attacks, then a few shots around and through the pillows to catch any attempts to dodge, followed by the knockback round if he could figure out his targets location well enough.

Portal Shield for the pillows and possibly the glowy eye thing if that requires some vector, then fire some shots through the pillows and around at Stella. Focus on catching the dodge though, she's not going to fall for her own trick. Knockback round mixed in.
 [4] 2 [6] 5 5 2 6 6 1 2
Shef

Well you say she won't fall for her own trick, but she seems to have fallen for precisely her own trick. At least, her own trick of "lmfao just shoot them". No seriously, you just shoot her and it works. Granted, the first pillow impacted before you could bring your shield up, but then your just shot her back with a regular round. Like, you didn't even need the flanking shots.

Huh. Can she not dodge when doing that eye thing?

Hmm maybe, but if all goes well you won't even need to use it against her. Now, while she's staggered! Airbag round, should keep her staggered, keep up the pressure. Just need to weave the explosions into the membranes and shit- there's a rippling spark and fizzle. Cursing to yourself you redouble your efforts weaving the layers together as a bolt of nothingness grazes your cheek.

The aperture was narrow, the wound shallow, but it's enough, just enough for warm blood to trickle down your face. Hmm, is that why she insisted on this kind of fight? That weapon, it might not be any better than the RAM in a life or death shootout, but in a duel to first blood, it's almost unfair.

"Time out!"

((Sorry again for forgetting and having to retcon shit.))

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Okay. Too slow, too complicated right now, right?" Shef muttered, reaching a hand up to his cheek, feeling the wound. His fingers moved across it, testing how clean the cut was, whether it stung in the same way a knife cut of the same depth would.

"Need to be able to toss it out, throw it around all the time without delays."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Gate of the Grand Arsenal. Use as many weapons as necessary to deflect the beams, conserve two to propel Minato into the right position to drop right ont othe Bodhisattva.
[[6] 2 1 6 2 2 [5] 5 2 4]

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki grinned through the pain - this was more fun than she was expecting! Yuki got to her feet again, and raised her chainsaw to meet the charge, hopefully staying out of the way of Noriko's strikes.

Use furthest 4 to heal self, then do above.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki and Noriko

[Now Playing: Voices]

Darting across the beast's front, Noriko releases her remaining spears. The jab, she can't stop but she can disrupt it, rob it of its power. The first drives through the metallic arm with a horrible grinding screech, the second rushes upwards a ballistic uppercut, driving its bladed head up right behind the jackal's chin, through their lower jaw, through their mouth, and through their damn fucking brain. Try that breath now, asshole.

The impacts should have forced it back. The spear sticking through their arm should have slowed their punch. The spear through their jaw, through their fucking brain should have given it at least some pause. But it doesn't. Its breath continues charging. Its fist continues its path. And in the span of the next split second Yuki finds herself getting thrown across the the length of the platform, civilians running for cover, even diving off the platform to escape the carnage. Flipping through the air, she self-proclaimed goddess jams her Regalia into the ground and re-engages her shields, her wounds closing in preparation for what was yet to come. She's not the only one hurt - her foe's hand has been split apart.

Goddamnit. God fucking damn it. The bastard just won't fucking die! Sweeping through the air Noriko crashes into the beast's side, the air solidifying around her feet as her flight turns into a flying kick right into the first spear. The wind compresses and rushes forward driving the spear deeper, but they don't just stop there, they drive themselves around the spear into the wound, through the wound and into the beast's body, into their black fucking heart.

The ghastly gale blows through its body, a mad zephyr spear through its throat. In it Noriko can hear twisted dispassionate screams, the deafening whispers of a mad god.

U̵̧ǹ̨c͜͏a͟ú̢g͘͠h̵́͜t͢ ́Tỳ̡p̸̨è̶͜Er͏̢͜r͜or̴͠:͝ ͝Ơ̛bj̴́e̢͟c̵͜͠t̀ f͢un͟c̨̀t́io̢n̶͟͞ ̕҉a̸(͏̴e)̛{̶i̸͞f̷̕(̀͘!̴́e̴͡)ŗe̡̢̛t̢ù̢r̡̡n̡;va̧͠ŕ͝ ̛t̶,̴r,̕i͡,̧͢o;n̷̶.͞àp̷̷p̷̷l̵͞y͘͝͝(t͝͡͏h͜is̡҉̷,̨̀͘[̀͠e̕]͟)́͟͟,̡͟͢t=͠t҉̷h͜͝ì͟s̶̸.p͡à̷̛r̀͠a͘͢ms҉͏(҉)͟͡,҉ŗ̢=͜t̷҉.̡͞s̢͡i͘z͠ȩ͢͡|͘͜|҉͜҉thi͢͠͡s̵.̵͠͏d̕͜a҉t̢a̸̵̡Á͜t́t̀͢r(҉̵"̀͠s͡͡i̢̧z҉e"̶)̡̕,̀̕͝į=̵t͘.s͟h͟͝҉o̢͢w̷Scr̨̛e̴e̴̕n̷N͟͏a͏̵m͘e|̧͡|̀͞t͘͟h̵͞iś͝.d̸a̵t̀͡a҉A͏͘t̶͟t̴r(͡"̧͢s͏͝h̴̀o̶̢͜w͞-͝sc͏͘re̶̕e̷̕n-̵n̸am̢̨͢ę̸̷"̵)̨͘,̀́ǫ̡=̵t̨͢.̸c͏ǫ̶͡ù͘͠n̕͘̕t||̷͞t҉h͞i̸̡͢s̷̛.͘d͞a̸t͝a̕͡͠A̸̕͞ţ̛t͞ŗ̢("͏҉c҉̨o͟u҉̧ǹ͘t̷̕͘"͏)͟,t͏h̸͡ì̸s҉.̛cl̛͢a͟s͘sA̵t̷̴tr̨̕͠.̛̕p̨̕ù͟s̕͏h͜͏(̷͏"̧͢t̛wì́҉tt̸e͟͜r̵̡͘-͟͡f͢͟o̵͞l҉͝l҉̀o̶͜w-b͠ù͏t̶̡͠t͞o͜n")͘͡,t҉ḩ͞is͝.s̕ho̕͞w͞͝S͢cr̢eè̴̴n̶҉̕N̛͠ą̷͟m̢͞ę̴=̵̧i̧̛!̵͘͝=́͡"̶̨͠fa͜lse̸"͏,̡͡͏t̡͜͡h͟í̀ś.s̶ho̴̸͡w̛͡C̕͠o͢uņ͠t̀͞=̀͘͘t̷͡.̧̧s̡̡h͝ơ̡wC҉o͠u͠͏n̢͟t̸҉!̀==!͜1͘͝͡&&҉͝t̸̡͟hi̴ś̴́.da̵̧̧t̢a̸A̢͘t̵́͝t̛r̶̕͠(̀͠͠"̴͡͡s͝ḩ͟ò҉w͠-҉c̶̛o͞u̕͞ǹ̴t"͘)̴́!̷̢͏=̨"́fą̷͘l̡se̸̕"̡̛͝,͞o͠=͢=̕͞"̀͘no̷̴n̷̡e"̷͘͢&̧&̨(̶͡th̴̵̀i҉s̛.̢͘ş̀h͡ò̡w̷C͟où̢̡n͘͞t́=̕҉!̢͡1̵͜)̶,̵t̡h̷̡is͟͢.̷̧͟exp̨l͏͡i͠c̨i̴t̛͝Wid͘t̴͡͠h=̢́t.̸̷w͡i͡d̀͜tḩ̀|̷̴|t̸̸h̷įs͘.̧d̛a̸̡͜t͠ą̀͠At͢͜t͘ŗ("҉͝wi̵d̕͟t̷̨h̸͞")͘|̡|"̢"̢̀͡,̸͡t̷́h̸̴i̸̛s͜͠.̸͘̕s̵̡c̴͢re̸e̵͝n̷̶̛N̵ame̷͟≠͟t̡̧.̛͝s̶͠c҉̷́ŗ͏ȩ͡ę͘n͝_̷̨͡n͞a͘͡͝me̶͘||͟t̢̧.̷͜s҉̸̶ć͡r͡e͢e҉́n̡Ǹa͠͡me̢͢|̀̀͠|͡s̸̛̛.̷͢śc̴͠r̡̕e̕e̴̢n̕N̷a̴m̷̧e͠(͢t̨̧h̀i̧s.̢a͜t̛t̛r͘(̷͞͞"̸h͢r̸̢͘e̸̢f̸̧"҉̧̕)͘͟)̛,̨͝t͢h̵͜͝i̡s͟͝/͡p̢͟rè͞͞v̛͘i̷̢e̸͢҉w̢̧͡=͝t̡̧͠.̵͡͡pre͡v͜i̶͜͢e̡͡w͠||̷t̸h͘i͜͏͞s̀͞.͟d͝a͢t̡a̷̷A͠͏t̵t͝ŗ҉("̢p̵r̸é̷v̛i͡e̶w̢͠"̛)̢̕͠|̨͘|"̧"̶҉,͝͠ţhi̧s̢̛.ál̨i̕g̢͞ne҉͢ḑ͟͞=͢t.҉a̢͘͝l͘͡i͞gn|̶́͞|͜th̨͢i҉s̨͢.҉d̢͘ąt̴͢aA͟͝t͏҉͠t̡̡r͟͠͡(͟"a͜͜͡l͟i̕g̡̨n͡")̸͜͝|̶͢͝|̷̕"͡",͏t͏̛h͜i͘ş.̵̛͘s͟i̸͡z̶͟͢e=̨͜͢r=̡͘=́"͏͜͠l҉a̢r̢g͢é̴"҉?"͘͝l̶"́͡:̶́͜"m͏͘͡"҉}͜ ̨͘h̀a̷s ͘̕n̷o̸ ̕m͏e͞t̀́ḩo͜͝͏d̶͟ ̷'҉̸įn̶҉̴i̢̕t'̡

And then comes the beam.

The platform, the ground, the very air around Yuki. It becomes everything. It becomes nothing. But in the end, Yuki is still standing, her chainsaw revving, that crazed smile on her face.

The beast changes targets now, going for Noriiko now, a fact that it announces by appearing right behind her, energy crackling around its newly formed arm, an arm twisted together from flesh and tree trunks. It's going to try and pummel her into the ground now, how creative.

Shef
"Just slow! I'll be the judge of compelxity!"

She tosses you a healing potion.

"There's ways of speeding it up, you'll have to show me how it work though!"

Minato

[Now Playing: Emperor's New Clothes]

The gates open. Light and leylines, whispers and legends, some forgotten, some yet to be written.

Eight forgeries remain.

Beams crash against your shield, the rest circling around. You wait wait till you can feel the heat against you, hear the crackling in your ear. Then, you launch forwards, driving your shield through the swarm.

Six forgeries remain.

You blast through the beams, and like a swarm of murderous hornets their brethren spin around collapsing back towards you. A third blast gives them pause for thought.

Five forgeries remain.

You decelerate quickly, Rho Ais may be strong but it as shit ain't aerodynamic. The swarm closes in once more. Fine, you drop another blast in.

Four forgeries remain.

The target's almost in range. Two forgeries are reserved to dive down, another two for close quarters combat. You'll need them too - the Bodhisattva's sporting two new arms. Might not be bad trading them blow for blow. Maybe, guy might have more tricks up their sleeves. In that case you'll still have your shield, your bow, and your fists. Anything beyond that is another gate, or perhaps it's time to-

Wait, what is that? What the fuck is that?

The five pillars rush up from the ground, closing inwards around you, and in that moment you see they are not pillars but fingers, fingers from a giant metallic hand, a hand now trying to wrap around you, trying to crush you, to break you.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:16:25 am by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki was in the middle of some kind of zone of trippy weirdness as a result of the beam thing - everything being all everything and nothing at once. A more philosophical girl might have a lot to say about it. Or possibly just go nuts trying to comprehend it. But Yuki, well she didn't mind at all. But she was too busy to really think about it - she sent out an arrow at her target, before jumping out of the zone of strangeness and charging down the beast that was going after Noriko.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 285