Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223676 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes. The last bit of shopping is for some variable items to wear underneath. If the illusion breaks, gonna need something that can be changed up quickly." With that, Shef pulled the illusion back up. Since he'd deactivated it, rather than let it be broken, it was simple to restore.

"Quite certain my cover's already blown for one of the groups. Might help with the other group though. Just so you know, Yuki and Noriko are in their own fights. I'm not to contact them or make them aware that I'm here, but I need to stop my adversary from setting them up for failure in their battles. Can also mess with their adversaries a bit."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"Eeyeeesu, undahstand, Wirams-san." She does a little mock salute, answering in English for a second instead of her native Japanese. "Help them win, don't let them know you're helping them win, covertly make their enemies less likely to win if possible. No direct interference though, right?, like, can't just shoot them with a dart of my blood or something. Don't do that, by the way, even a drop will probably put someone in the emergency room." She looks him over. "Clothes store? Undergarments, specifically. Maybe an electronics place would be good, too..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef flinched at her statement, before replying in more passible english: <"Please don't do that again."> Did she assume that that was his first language? At the very least she hadn't attempted to stumble her way through the statement in French. And beyond even that insult, she was using his last name. Back to Japanese, "Don't address me by that name here."

Getting back to the main points at hand, Shef continued with this mini-briefing. "No direct interference, correct. They still need the training of the battle, our job is just to make sure their chances of winning that battle are better."

"I don't think underwear will be necessary. It's unlikely that it'd be enough to convince someone actively. . . feeling me up, and if they are, my cover's gone already. The clothes are so that when the illusion breaks, and it will, I can swap appearances a bit beneath, make following me a little harder than it might otherwise be."

"Electronics?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"You'd be surprised what you can do with the right materials, but I suppose we don't have a whole ton of time, huh? I was thinking of those silicone mousepads and stuff, they wouldn't feel exactly like the real thing but with the right other materials they could avert a possible close call by making the disguise more physical. Of course for that we'd also have to deal with your waist..." She considers. "They might sell corsets for that here, but no guarantees. They might sell bras that are pre-padded for crossplay or magically give you the requisite features, too, which would help with the disguise even more, but are probably expensive. Anyway, looking at underwear and cute things with your bestie is, like, the most teenage girl thing ever, right? You have a girl running around buying guns and grenades and doing that kind of stuff, that's out of the ordinary, and sounds like they're not actually a normal teenage girl, but if they're also going around looking at bras, cute stuffed animals, crepes, that kind of thing, well, they might just be a military otaku, right? Also, what's your name, then, Bestie? And you should smile, you're out shopping with your friend, riiight?" She draws out the last word, winking at him playfully. At this point, she suddenly grabs his arm, turning to look at a nearby stall of plushies, commenting on how one of them was super cute, don't you think? Meanwhile, she'd Clocked Up just a little for the reaction boost and was looking around in her peripheral vision to see if anyone had noticed their little escapade and was following them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:11:37 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Remember two seconds ago when you said there might not be a ton of time? You were right. We're getting what we can, quickly, and nothing more, then heading back to find Noriko and Yuki."

"Also if you'll look around, there's plenty of people out buying stuff from the adventuring shops, almost as though there's a big city wide tournament going on involving hundreds of people. Not too worried about that right now." Were the mission a longer one, perhaps the girl would have been right. But for a day? He needed the tricks that would fool people for the minute it took him to set up an attack or foil theirs, not a disguise that would fool someone for longer. It was a balancing act, and the balance here was necessarily tipped towards short term tricks, intel gathering, and running interference.

"Just. . . calm down, follow along, and. . .please don't cling to me like that." He gave a plastic smile, the illusion transforming it into something perhaps with a bit less irritation leaking through. It wasn't comfortable, she couldn't be more than eighteen or nineteen, possibly younger, and Shef was quickly beginning to regret his choice in bringing her along. Was a field asset really worth this?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"Oh. Yeah that makes sense. Sorry."

And suddenly the act was gone, as quickly as it'd started. She does notice that she's covered in blood and try to get rid of it, did her best to make the wings look inconspicuous if she couldn't get rid of them, and generally looks a lot less like she's doing things and more like she's just looking at them in passing while she pays attention to their surroundings.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Shef and Sakurako
This won't be a hidden blade, but even a sword at your hip will need sharpening, refining. The tiredness doesn't seem to hold, what does hold however is fear, intimidation. Your Requiem attacks both the body and the mind, the body with compulsion, the mind with fear, and it just so happen your foe, running on pure instincts, is while refusing to feel tired is still quite intimidated by the effect regardless.

Minato
"I have no idea then."
Minato just stares at them with an absolutely deadpan expression.

He didn't believe him for one second, but then again, maybe this was all part of the drill. Or maybe it wasn't. If it wasn't, Tsukasa was definitely going to get an earful from him later.
"....okay then. So.....I assume THAT first fight was just the warm-up."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Thank you." With that, Shef set off for a clothing store. It would be necessary, just not for as elaborate things as Sakurako seemed to envision. The big fact was that she needed clothes, and he needed some stuff to hide his face when the illusion broke, to let him keep his real appearance as another asset. Maybe a motorcycle helmet or something.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
"That is correct. The real battle begins here. Prepare yourself Minato Kumon."

The youthful ecclesiarch produces a staff topped with a crystal sphere, swinging it out to his left as it glows a vibrant purple. You're not sure what he's casting, but you've a feeling you don't wanna get too close right now.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Shef and Sakurako
You two duck over into a nearby clothing store and Jesus fucking Christ, what is this shit? Look, you guys have seen the weird and varied attire of what some of the people around here wear, but it hasn't quite clicked until now that it means that they must've brought that shit from somewhere, well now it's clicked, clicked like a gun coming off its safety, a gun pointed at your head, horrific anime fashion choices bristling down the barrel. Ignoring the frightfully expansive selection of belts, hair decorations, and other assorted accessories, and the outfits that frankly look more like fetishwear than anything else, you two come across some more normal looking clothes and also a selection of headgear including helmets, shadowy hoods, and paper bags.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 08:21:14 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Get some actual clothes to wear. If you really like that swimsuit, fine, but have a backup." In addition to a helmet--Shef wanted something that wouldn't just blow away off his head, and who knew maybe it'd offer a little impact resistance--he looked for jacket to wear, something easily put on and removed, no need for any fancy extra features.

With just a bit of showiness, Shef pulled an article of clothing off the racks to hand to her. She'd wanted them to appear like two friends shopping for clothes, right? It didn't hurt, as long as it didn't take too much time.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Her preference was much the same, to be honest, something that could easily be put on and removed. After all, it would only make sense if she was intending to fight, and it'd make sense after all what with the whole keijo thing. She glances down at the belt around her hips that holds her injectors. "Do you think we'd have time to stop at an alchemist or general... adventurer supply store or item shop thing? I need more elemental boosters if you think we might need to fight... I think this thing needs them." She lightly taps the... belt... thing that'd popped out of her midsection, which thankfully now just looks like a rather bulky belt which is likely not an uncommon accessory here.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Probably. Even if not, we'll split and meet back up." Shef pulled out his phone, checking how long it had been since he'd left Yuki and Noriko, trying to judge how much he should hurry.

"You also. . .want to clean up real quick?" He muttered, gesturing vaguely towards the somewhat reduced blood stains.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"I'll be fine. I can control my own blood a bit and it won't stick to my suit on account of it being made of smoke. Plus, if I have to fight I'll end up getting all bloody anyway, so I'll just clean up later. A little blood probably won't stand out too much, what with duels and all." She adjusts the coat, frowning. "Will definitely need to take this thing off when I get to fighting, it'll weigh me down and any amount of that could be bad."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Gate of the Grand Arsenal. Stay well away from the trainer, expending some of the weapons summoned by Gate if need be.
[[6] 4 4 2 4 4 [5] 1 6 3]

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once they had purchased the necessary clothes, they headed out of the shop, where Shef passed her one of the burner phones. "I was at that shop there,"He indicated the one, "you head over, pick up what you need, and what you think would be useful. Will head back to find Yuki and Noriko again, and maybe locate the assailant. Just call me when you're done, I'll tell you where to go."

"Good?"

Shef plotted out a route back to where he'd last seen Noriko and Yuki, hopefully finding a munitions store along the way. He'd of course check on the local gossip to make certain they hadn't relocated much, and for any other useful info.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:44:57 pm by Strider03 »

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 285