Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223668 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

"Uh... fighting? I'm-- I admit I'm not really sure what you mean by fighting. I fight Aramitama, I guess. Uh, I'm Faith Tatsumaki though."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh man, now there was a trap. Surely, in this state, she wouldn't be cooperative if she didn't get what she wanted, and if he said yes, she'd certainly bring it up after overclocking, especially if doing so didn't increase her sanity as much as he'd hoped. So Shef answered carefully.

". . Possibly, depending on how well the overclocking thing works. Can't expect me to just let you follow me around in this state." Assuming no further troubles, Shef will lessen and remove the effects of the manipulator bullets, before opening the necessary set of portals to take Sakurako up into the sky. As he did this, he firmly reassured himself that if this didn't work, he could just compel her into staying still again, and just leave. Right, he could always just do that.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith
A few heads turn your way as you say those words.
"<Oh there's a few, wetworks, monster slaying, military work, dueling...>"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Once the manipulator bullets were deactivated, she'd take a couple of steps forward and then jump wordlessly into the portal, rocketing up into the sky before doing as asked, discharging a Clock Over up at the sky at the height of her launch before falling back through the portals after... whatever happens from her blasting an extreme amount of force up into the sky.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef and Sakurako
The girl launches up and you hear a distant crack before she comes tumbling back down at your feet. The portal depositing her had opened just below the apex so the fall wasn't too hard.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh God, they were staring at her, why were they staring at her. A slight nervous sheen began to build up on Faith's forehead as she got the distinct sensation that she had just let blood into the water.
"<Er... you know... Aramitama fighting. S-so... monster fighting I guess.>"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith
Yeah that doesn't help get the attention off of you.
"<A bit of column A, a bit of column B. Say, can I buy you a drink or something? There's a nice cafe around here...>
Is she, is she offering you a way out?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith was visibly nervous about the attention, wiping her forehead and trying to sidle out of the gazes of the crowd.
"<E-er, yeah, sure! You can.>"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith
Amazingly you don't wind up in a bathtub full of ice missing half your organs! Well, not yet anyway. Cynthia leads you away before any of the curious bystanders can challenge you to a fight or start poking you with sticks or however they treat Godslayers around here.

The café's not too far from here, a well-populated establishment meticulously crafted in the image of a generically idyllic family owned business as much as possible, albeit cut with generic fantasy aesthetics and the general convenience afforded by literal magic. You honestly feel kinda out of place here, it's kinda been a while since you've gone to a café where the staff aren't dressed like maids.

Cynthia orders a coffee, Irish, with extra cream.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So. . .did it work?" Shef inquired nervously, keeping his distance.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

She groans, seeming out of it for a moment, before seemingly getting past the rush and crash and stabilizing again... and then her face turns a vivid pink and she starts stammering out half-finished apologies and the like.

"I... um... I mean... I was... I'm sorry for... grabbing you, Willems-san, I know there's no real excuse for it and I did... I did all that and there's no reason you should forgive me but I'm very sorry, and I know you're probably really busy with some kind of work and I'm taking you away from that, not to mention that I even attacked you, there really is no excuse...

She looks absolutely apalled with herself, too, apparently she does not approve of her own actions while high as shit.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 08:49:32 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was an excuse, Shef thought, the cocaine obviously. But he said nothing about that, no need to foster any belief that ones powers could excuse ones actions.

"I see. Consider your apology accepted, don't do it again, et cetera." He sidled towards the entrance to the alleyway intending to make his exit, never turning enough that she left his line of sight however. When he reached the exit, Shef hesitated a moment, and then asked cautiously, "You. . . didn't still want to come along, right?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"I mean, if you don't think I'll be a bother, and if I can be of help to a friend of Tatsumaki-Chan, I was sent here to get more experience..."

internally there was some very slight fangirling going on under all the self-loathing, though to be honest it was relatively minor, after all while she was probably one of the few actual fans the group had, Shef wasn't exactly the most well-known of them and she had less fodder for obsession than with the others.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He was fairly certain it would be a bother, it was simply a question of whether that outweighed the benefits.

"Fine, let's try it. Having more help for this mission should be good. Reserving the right to dismiss you at any point though." He beckoned from the entrance to the alleyway.

"Come along then, still got some shopping to do."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"Understood. If nothing else walking around with someone else will probably help your cover a bit, maybe? Oh right, are you going to put that disguise back up?" She approaches, smiling awkwardly.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 285