Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223667 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko turned her jump upward into an arc, aiming to simply sail over her field of fire by being where her previous barrages hadn't covered. That, and she needed to aim herself so that she wouldn't hit the ground too hard with her next move. After making another swipe at Ruben with her extra spear to further prevent their interference, she let her winds loose. With a shout of "Vayvayastra!" a wave of invisible blades came into existence, pressed together out of the air itself, and Noriko's flight became ballistic instead of controlled. And with the layer of explosions hopefully disrupted, the flames she'd summoned snaked in hungrily, seeking to sate themselves on the magic her opponent had suffused herself with.

Vayvayastra, using the last 6 in my line
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

". . . I see. You know Minato and Faith? And you're high on magical cocaine? Am I getting this right?" To be perfectly honest, while this wasn't exactly a story that made Shef trust the girl--"What's your name?"--as a person, it was enough to make him trust that she was telling the truth here and now. The name drops made some sense, and the cocaine would explain some things.

Well, given that he was trusting the veracity of her answers, Shef decided to lower the illusion. Better to dispel any false conceptions that she might have about him now before she tried to. . . seduce (really, was that seduction?) the illusion she found cute again. And of course, he could check whether she knew his real appearance, not an impossibility of Yoake was her tutor. A few commands in the HUD and the illusion dropped, leaving Shef's true form exposed. "Again, do you know who I am?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"Yees~ I'm Matsumoto Sakurako, but you can just call me... whatever you want, actually. Wow you're still pretty... well not really cute but pretty hot, got a bit of a rugged look, I like~" That purring noise at the end will probably haunt his nightmares. "Weeeeell, I got a list of people in the group from somewhere or another and I know pretty much everyone on it except for Willems-San, who is very very sneaky sir, and from the fact that you know all of them and are obviously also from earth since you do not look nearly crazy enough for this place, I would probably make an educated guess that you are Williems-San. Also you appear to have features not consistent with the rest of the group, which would match with the fact that every other name is obviously Japanese. Of course, this would normally not rule out Tatsumaki-san who is very obviously American, but since I know her from school that rules her off rather solidly if the masculine nature of the name didn't. So I would guess from all that you are probably Willems-San. Can I touch your hair?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef flinched at the repeated compliments. This was the opposite of what he'd hoped for in dropping the illusion.

"Please stop that Miss Matsumoto. Anyway yes, that's me." There was no point in denying it, the evidence was correct, and Sakurako could always simply ask Yoake for a picture of him when she got back. He wasn't sure whether Yoake would do that, whether he requested her not to or what.

"No, you can't touch my hair. Ignoring the minor aspect of 'what the hell why would I let you do that at any time', what if you try to murder me again the moment I let you move? I've got no guarantees that won't happen. Even if there was one, wouldn't really trust it given that you're permanently on a lot of cocaine."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:33:18 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"Aaw. Well actually I'm only permanently on -some- cocaine, I'm mostly on a lot of it right now because I was fighting that bitch with the slowdown field. Should have gone after her right away. Or broke away as soon as that thing came up. Either/or really. I kinda didn't realize how much cocaine I was on until I was outside of the field and it all hit me at once. Why would I attack you? Oh right I was really mad about the bitch and you throwing me away. Well I mean I wouldn't attack you unless you did that shooty thing again but ok I guess. Also because it feels nice."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes well. I hardly know you, and you're probably in high school, it's going to be a strong no on that front. Is there any way to get you back to the level of only 'some' cocaine?"

Shef was at a bit a loss here as to what to do. The girl was apparently being driven by a rather large amount of internally produced drugs. Who else would she attack, or seem to attack if she stayed at that level? The manipulators seemed to be working for the time being, but he couldn't stay here all day shooting the girl, he had work to do, a mission.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"I'm not actually sure! I think the fastest way would be for me to clock over but I have so much cocaine in my system there might be some collateral damage. Do you want me to do that? Ooh, or you sound like people are trying to step to you, you could just let me follow you around and then KAPOW all the way to the moon~! I think it goes down over time, too, but there's a loooooot of cocaine right now."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Clock over? Explain. Also no, I. . ." What was he even supposed to do here? He had the opportunity for an ally in this, and Shou had said nothing about recruiting, so it technically wasn't barred, but did he want one like this? She might be useful as a distraction, and, might even not be restricted from communication with Noriko and Yuki. And, this would serve as a way to keep her from getting into trouble with random uninvolved bystanders. On the other hand, she was kinda insane. If she managed to decrease the cocaine, maybe he could afford to risk it? He'd have to wait and see.

"Yeah, let's just try to figure out a way to lower those numbers for now, shall we? We'll figure the rest out after that."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith paused, and elected not to tell her what the length of their stay was, but she did tell the succubus the answer to her other question.
"Uh... training to get better at Awakened fighting?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"Clock Over super-super-overcharges the cocaine in my body so that they release all their fastness all at once, which means that I sober up basically instantly but I also let out a bunch of energy which I generally channel into punching someone. Or... Butt-slamming them. You know how it is. If someone is going to try to hurt my darling I promise I will make sure they regret it!"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef waved the last uncomfortable statement away, glancing up and down the alleyway to make sure no one had entered. He hoped that statements of that sort would be less of an issue later. "Could you clock over, and just. . . not end up hitting anything?"

"Don't mean do nothing, but attack, and have the attack not land. Would it still let everything out?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"Well it'd still hit the air, right? Probably just send out a big ol' blast wave. Hence the collateral damage."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Do it far up in the air then." Shef flicked a series of portals into existence in demonstration.

"Again, and tell the truth, will you attack me if I let you move?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"As long as I can come with you, sure!" she grins.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith
"<Fighting huh? What kind? I do a bit of it myself. The name's Cynthia by the way.>"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 285