Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223592 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko shrugged, having watched Yuki's training with vague interest. It wasn't much use to her, really. She did hope that they found some method of training her other than repeatedly using surprise attacks; Noriko was on edge enough already, she wasn't particularly keen on having her house blowing up because they thought she might learn to shoot lightning because of it or something.  Her spears appeared in midair around her, and before sending one at Yuki, she took a few experimental stabs at the plates on the ground, trying to get the strength right.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Minato stares at Shou as he walks away, blinking. He groans, looking over at the tree.
".....well, there's no way I can out-con a con artist like that. That'd be like trying to count grains of sand on a beach."

The boy rubs the back of his head. He wasn't the deceptive type, so swindling someone wasn't an option. Especially someone like Shou, who made it his life's work to con things, as far as Minato knew about him. Conning the conman wasn't an easy task for someone who already knew how to be a con, let alone someone more direct like Minato. So the theft approach wasn't going to work.

That left the direct approach. The thing Minato favoured. That was, smash it until it comes down.

Cracking his knuckles, Minato studies the tree for any weakspots he can exploit, things he can go for, any sign that he can bring it down with something like Durandal.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
Well, hard to tell how durable it is, but going by what Shou said, the field surrounding it is probably the main problem not the tree itself.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Minato tests the field first. He figures he might as well test the waters first, figure out if there's any other way around what Shou was suggesting, which was steal the key from him. Maybe he was referring to some sort of misdirection involving his weapons.

So, to start, just to test the field's strength, he manifests some generic swords and smashes them against the leyline, exploding them to inflict as much damage as possible.
"Start with the basics, after all, then work our way up."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
Forget exploding your swords, you're having trouble even reaching the damn tree, the air in a several meter radius around it has apparently thickened to the point of being practically solid and aggressively springy, to the point where trying to charge in just bounces you backwards.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Noriko shrugged, having watched Yuki's training with vague interest. It wasn't much use to her, really. She did hope that they found some method of training her other than repeatedly using surprise attacks; Noriko was on edge enough already, she wasn't particularly keen on having her house blowing up because they thought she might learn to shoot lightning because of it or something.  Her spears appeared in midair around her, and before sending one at Yuki, she took a few experimental stabs at the plates on the ground, trying to get the strength right.

Yuki held the plate steadily, preparing mentally to run through what she'd done earlier - as the spear made contact, she tried to let it sink a little before reinforcing enough to hopefully trap it, although whether that would work on her first try was in the air.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki
You feel the jolt of the impact, letting it hang in your mind for a moment as the spearhead drives into the plate, and just as the tip emerges you reinforce, the impact turning into a crash as the plate strengthens resisting the strike. With a screech and groan Noriko forces the rest of her spearhead through tearing apart your plate, the rest of her thick hard shaft thrusting mercilessly through your broken barrier.

Maybe that trick works better against slashing weapons?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko pulled the spear back, bringing the side of the blade of a second spear over to cleave what remained of the plate off of the first. "Did you actually let me pierce? It felt like I got partway through and then caught, which is a little unusual."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"Yeah, actually! I was trying to see if I could get it stuck in the plate. Guess that doesn't work so great for piercing weapons, huh? We can go again and I'll try it the normal way." she picked up another plate and prepared for another round.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko nodded. As soon as Yuki seemed ready, she casually hucked one of her spears at the plate, most of the work being done by her Requiem rather than the desultory motion of her arm.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith couldn't help but stare for a few moments at the bizarre scene going on with Minato, before she shook her head and got back to Shef.
"Well, uh... I guess we spent enough time training up my attempts at messing with my shield, maybe we should have me try to break your reinforcement now."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sure." Shef supposed the girl was probably tired from developing her new technique. Fine, it was all in the spirit of training, even if not following the instructions much.

He took up one of the plates, and set about trying to pour spirit energy into it the same way that he would with his pistol. Might as well start there as anywhere else. Whenever Faith had figured out the necessary strength to not vaporize him, he'd hold it up, and hope that it did something.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith once again honed her magical strength to only just destroy the plates, which wasn't too difficult seeing as she'd done it earlier.

Then she, of course, flung a bolt of her Bravado magic at Shef's plate to see how he did (being careful not to blast off his fingers).

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
Fill, fill, fill and... bang! Bolt blasts right through. Hmm, that didn't work out too well. Okay take a step back, assess what went wrong, fix it. It's how you fix a gun, it's how you look back on a mission, it oughta handle this. Right, as far as you can tell it's not a matter of power, rather it's a matter of effect. You definitely pumped energy into it, but the energy didn't do anything, at least, nothing useful at any rate. The problem isn't the power supply then, but what you were doing with it. Right, you think you've isolated the problem - you treated it like a gun, but in such cases it the lethality not the durability that you enhance. Need to adjust your approach accordingly then.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Again please." So that hadn't worked, but Shef hadn't really expected it to. He never really hit people with his guns, so most of the energy went to the barrel or the bullet. Perhaps he already did it somewhat with the barrel? Maybe, but Shef wasn't too sure about that. What he did know, was that he had an attack where he seriously increased the ability of a bullet to retain it's shape and punch through stuff. That might work here, and he could probably base his efforts on something he already had.

So, he focused on the effect which he poured into the overpenetrator round, attempting to make the shape of the plate more permanent, resistant to the fluctuations of an ever unpredictable environment.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 285