Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223590 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yuki
You think you might have a grip on- and the spear just punched straight through, guess not. Sol takes the damaged plate "Behind you."

You turn around and well Luna's bearing down on your right now with her Regalia, a brassy lance-like implement styled after a clock hand being currently brought down upon you in a cleaving strike. It's fast, too fast to dodge.

Yuki reacted without really thinking about it. Too fast to dodge, so she wouldn't dodge. She brought up her chainsaw to block it, as fast as she could.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki
Sparks fly and metal screeches as you bring your chainsaw up locking its teeth against Luna's Regalia. The blow was fast, but with the weapons locked against one another it's quite clear you've got the strength advantage.

"Good, now Miss Tatsumaki, please take one hand off the chainsaw and maintain your guard."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith let out a long breath, air whistling mildly between her lips as she let out a sigh of relief. ”Well! That worked... actually really really well! Way better than I thought it would. It didn’t even get broken by the bullets or anything, it just takes a lot of energy to do. So could we take a break for a couple minutes so we can recharge?

...also, I kinda thought it would maybe explode or somehing, but it didn’t do that either.”

She wasn’t going to bring up the fact that she’d cried, maybe she could just breeze past it if she ignored it, ahaha ha.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Take as long as you need." It wasn't as though he was going anywhere. It would be a while before he got to try anything himself no matter what, so what did a little bit longer matter.

"What do you want to do next though?'
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 10:04:03 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, so kinda like sword fighting? I don't think chainsaws are supposed to be one-handed, but ok~!" Yuki said cheerfully, taking her left hand off of it and trying to maintain a guarded stance.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki
"Not quite, for starters, blade locks tend to be transient. Hold this for us please."
Sol hands you another steel plate.
"Focus on how you feel clashing against Luna's attack. In five second's time, dismiss your Regalia and try blocking the strike."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Okay. This is.....something."
Minato continues trying to project. His powers were usually rather flashy, but that was more a side-effect of summoning weapons that were known for cleaving mountains in half with trails of rainbows than any real effect of Minato's own power. When it came to it, Minato's powers were the equivalent of yanking weapons from the largest arsenal known to mankind.

Which, unfortunately, didn't lend itself quite so well to learning how to project without a vector to project through.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
Plate explodes again. Welp.

"Let's try something else..."
"Hey I got an idea, Minato how d'you feel about just skipping head to improving your summoning for now? If we start there and work backwards getting Reinforcement done at range could be easier."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki nodded, trying to internalize that, as she took the plate. Ok, so basically, clash and then try and use the plate like a regalia? She could do that. She nodded. "Ready when you are~"
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki
You dismiss your Regalia and Luna's weapon just continues cleaving down at that old frightful speed, it is as if your block hadn't blocked the strike so much as paused it (and now that you think about it, it makes sense people with time powers might use a clock hand as a weapon). Focusing on, really the same sorta feelings and instincts you had with your chainsaw you steady the plate and hold it into the path of the swing. There's a clang of metal as the weapon stops halfway through the plate.

"Miss Tatsumaki, you've made a good start, now try doing that against Miss Fuuri."
"Practicing more will help you block better; but sometimes it pays to be weaker, for instance if you let your foe cut into something before strengthening its reinforcement further you could potentially trap their weapon."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki thought about that. "Hmmm, I think I get it. Kinda. Cool, thanks!" she said, discarding the plate and picking up another one. Then she turned to Noriko. "Ooook! Come at me when you're ready!"
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright. That sounds....less like hitting my head against a wall repeatedly. Where do we start?"
Minato cracks his knuckles. Something a little closer to his comfort zone.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
"Well you seem like a bright kid, you come from a good family too, tell me, how much do you know about running a con? I'm sure your parents must've taught you something about figuring out when someone's trying to screw you."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"All I know about a con is that you butter up the mark to think he's the biggest guy in the room, then you screw him when he thinks you can't touch him."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
He grins, it's a friendly, charming grin, the kind that sets your heart at ease, the kind that has you checking your wallet.

"Well I suppose that's a start. The buttering up, a bit of an exaggeration, depends on the mark really. Sometimes yeah, they're the greatest guy in the world and you're just the one guy that realizes it, other times maybe you're just a stranger they could help. Still, number one thing I say you'd need is a persona, a character, a mask. Number two's audacity, people don't go around expecting to be conned, most don't anyway, no, they see something that seems a bit odd and then they get their guards up, but you do things right, you do things confidently and you slip right past. You gotta be about to sell it without hesitation, that goes double when things go awry, triple if it's insane, hell it's better if it's insane, if they can't even begin to imagine what you're trying to do, they sure as hell won't be expecting it. Keep that in mind, because what we're doing? Well, it's something most would consider a little audacious."

A chuckle, his form seems to smolder that much more.

"Third and last point is intel gotta know what's a good easy mark, gotta know how to best swindle them, 'course you don't always get much choice in who you swindle, 'specially if you're playing the hero. Here, you don't have any choice, you want power, plain and simple, the power to protect yourself, the power to protect others, and if you want power, well there's only one place to get it from - Akasha. We'll be taking power straight from Akasha and putting it right into your hands, and by 'we', I mean 'you'."

So that's the trick huh? You already figured that asking to improve your summoning could be a tall order, after all, it's not really innate, your compatibility is sure, but this power? It's closer to tech, it's something constructed, something to be refined with research and innovation rather than a training montage, so that side of things couldn't really be hastened, and the compatibility itself? Well, if they understood how it worked they wouldn't need to study you. So that's how it is then, they can't improve the compatibility but they can build upon it through other means, means such as a rather ambitious embezzlement scheme.

"Now I've done this before, but I can't do it for you, so we're gonna have to train you up, you and Yuki too. Now I won't mince words, it's not gonna be easy taking the first step, once it's done, you'll be well on your way."

He takes out a small shimmering sphere, its pellucid surface giving a clear view of the seed hovering at its center. Shou grips it tightly and blueish lines trace along its surface, forming all manner of intricate inscriptions, the orb sinking down into the sand as caution signs extend outwards from it. The sand bubbles and liquifies as the orb vanishes beneath the surface, blueish leylines trace from its point of impact, initially outwards along the ground before fading as a second more violent discharge erupts upwards, solidifying into a glassy tree, around it the air begins to shimmer, a silvery mist hanging in the air.

"This tree thing is protected by a magic field, it's hooked up to this island's leylines so there's quite a bit of power in it. Should be more than enough to keep your away."

He produces cylinder engraved with lines similar to those on the bauble.

"Think of this as a key of sorts. Use it and the boost it gives will let you push through the field. You have all of today to smash that tree. You have to do it yourself. As for me, well, I think I've earned myself a little vacation."

With a grin he pockets the key and just fucking walks off.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 06:58:35 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 285