Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223581 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith's mouth quirked downwards at the mention of "Miss Abspoel." Apparently, she didn't get a choice about whether to "tolerate her lewdness" or not.
"...well, I guess limiting collateral damage is something I kinda need. I've definitely had to tone down or misaim some shots to avoid blowing up things I didn't want blown up."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone
Aight so soon enough everything gets underway for your training exercise. Y'all get asked to partner up and grab some metal plates that Shou just unceremoniously dumped onto the beach. Since there's five of you, one of you will have to partner with Ren. Here's how it goes - each of you will adjust your attack and the spirit energy input into it until it's just enough to damage or destroy a plate. You will then take turns holding and attacking pieces of metal while trying to force energy into it as if one were using a Regalia. Once you manage to successfully prevent a plate from getting completely wrecked a few times, you'll move on to trying reinforce it remotely without physical contact.

Faith, your physical defenses are absolute shit, so have fun not reinforcing your board for quite a while. Good news is you're used to ranged spells so when you eventually get reinforcement working, extending it to doing it at range shouldn't be an issue.

Minato, you've got like, the exact opposite situation. You're already used to enhancing the strength and durability of false Regalia, so moving into not-even-trying-to-be-Regalia isn't too hard, but you also do nothing at range because you're not a mage or anything so it's gonna take a good damn while getting your first ranged trick off.

Noriko, you're, a natural at this? Huh? Might be because of the enhancement spells in your arsenal. It's easier to Reinforce shit you hold with your winds, but it takes surprisingly little effort to get it to work without wind involvement at all.

Shef, middling difficulty on both parts. You're accustomed to enhancing mundane firearms, but you boost their damage not their durability so that takes a bit, making it ranged is about the same, you're used to casting magic to a point but those aren't really enhancements so much as direct conjurations.

Yuki, this is, strangely on the tricky side for you, mainly because you're used to dealing with living people, people covered by YukiCare and the occasional unawakened pleb with a machete wound to the chest, plus aren't random pieces of the environment suppose to get destroyed? What kinda anime hero worries about that kinda thing when there are villains to brutally murder when they're completely inward? Like when they're in the shower? Or having sex? Or showing up in the sequel having survived the first encounter?

Oh also, turns out Ren's Regalia takes the form of a combat shotgun loaded with flechette shells wherein each flechette is around the size of an entire damn candlestick.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:33:19 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So how do we want to do this? Anyone have preferences? I'm fine with whatever." Faith and Minato would probably want to pair up, right?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Well, it'd make most sense for me and Faith to pair up, right? She needs training on how to enhance Regalia, and I need to know how to hit things from afar."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

With her sister and Minato swiftly pairing up, Yuki (still in her swimsuit - she hadn't bothered changing) turned to Noriko. "So I guess that means we're paired up? Cool! So you're a natural at this right? You think it would count if I just... put my shield on it? I'm not sure if it would but that'd be waaaay easier..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith let out a "hmmmmm..." at Minato's talking.
"Ummm, actually, I might want to 'cheat' a little bit at this by trying something different, and in that case I think I actually want to partner with Shef at first, Minato." Even if he was a thoroughly intimidating man. "He's more regular at using projectiles than you are, and since I should mostly be at range, that means that I should at least be able to make what I do tank some bullets."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko was also dressed in a swimsuit, though she had a light, unzipped sweatshirt thrown over the top of it. "Uh, sure. I dunno if I'm a natural at this, but it's not that different from the stuff I've already done, I guess? And, I don't think it counts, no. Maybe try to summon your shield inside it?" She bent over to pick up one of the plates, hefting it in one hand. "First thing's first, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

If Minato is disappointed by this, he doesn't let it show.
"Ah. Alright. Fair enough."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Very well then." He answered, surprise flitting across his face. Shef picked up a few metal plates, and began to walk away from the others. They'd need some space, just like everyone else likely would

"You're going first. Going to tune my power output starting low to the point where it breaks the steel. Tell me when you're ready."

After recieving some affirmation that she was ready, Shef would fire a few times. An unenhanced shot, and a few rising in as small increments of power output as he could make. A .50 AE would never penetrate more than a centimeter, centimeter and a half of soft steel, so this shoukd be perfectly safe, and give some estimate of what power output he should jump to.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:23:25 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

”Um, we don’t actually have to tune our attacks to the metal plates while we’re holdinf the plates, do we? In my case I definitely shouldn’t at least, since I think I’m more likely to attack too hard than not attack enough.” Faith raised her Regalia and with a slightly unsure expression promptly had her clothing change ina flash of colored light, to the red, white-drilled dress with blue gems and blue flower headband that was her magical girl outfit. ”I guess I COULD if I popped up my shield, but I don’t know why I would.”

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

". . .That makes a lot more sense than what I had in mind. We can do it that way, you want to work on figuring out what power you need while I do mine?"

Assuming something to the affirmative, Shef will attempt to find the level at which his normal attacks just barely break through a plate.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After a few moments, Faith managed to juuust destroy the plates, but it was actually quite the difficult task getting to that point (her more mundane magic blasts couldn’t even destroy the plate!), since her usual destructive attacks were, wel, always insanely potent. Nonetheless, she managed it.

”Okay, this isn’t QUITE what she asked us to do, but... I think I’m ready for the first part of this!” Faith popped a glowing shield into existence around herself, and tried to move it to instead cover the plate, without spending any sort of Resolve.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When Shef was confident that his shots would not go all the way through the plate--not too long given his relatively consistent methods, and that he'd been lowering the power a few times recently--he took up a position about ten meters from the girl.

Shef then thought better, and approached. "If your method doesn't work, you won't get shot. But this still might hurt, shrapnel and spalling."

He retreated to his position, waiting for an all clear, before firing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yuki drew her chainsaw and smiled. This part, she was pretty sure how to do. "Ok~" When it seemed like Noriko was ready, she set the chainsaw whirring and brought it crashing against the plate, power adjusted for the purpose of the training.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sound of a gunshot rang out through the resort air as Shef did his part in the training, a .50 Action Express round ripping through the air from his gun, racing towards the plate in Faith’s hands. She had, with some concentration, managed to move her shield around the plate, and when the bullet impact with the shield, it stopped dead and fell right down to the ground, with a little flash of light accompanying the destruction of the shield.

”Alright yeah that was prettt much exactly how it was supposed to go. This next part should be the thing I’m trying to do...” Faith put another shield around the metal plate, but this time she tried to form it a bit strangely, giving it some “give” that the Shield of Courage did not normally have. The goal here was to make a shield that would only stop a certain amount of force, just slowing down anything more powerful than that, but that was able to withstand multiple shots. More of an armor than a shield.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 285