Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223576 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko shook her head, distracted by the spectacle that Yuki and her sparring partner were putting on. "Well, I'm ready to get started as soon as I can get Kouta settled back in." The boy in question seemed to be awed by the display, watching it with wide eyes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Strictly speaking, his combat capabilities revolve around ensnaring foes with his shadow magic and performing decisive strikes with chi-enhanced strikes. The incantations are there to pressure opponents and stall while he gathers chi, that being said, what they lack in accuracy they make up in raw power and they are very much real."
"He's a charlatan, a confidence man, a con-artist. SpecProv; helps with the money laundering side of affairs. Though it's not just people he can con, he's apparently managed to convince reality that he's got some grand magical power or some such and that he is capable of casting those spells. The incantations help sell it."

Noriko
Ren nods
"Take your time, you've earned a break."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Huh. Sounds like an entertaining tutor for Yuki. Is he reliable, focused on that? Or am I gonna have to watch that he doesn't talk me out of my wallet while he's here?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Reliable? No. He'll probably return the wallet and its contents at least."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Could one, purely hypothetically, pay him to take someone elses wallet? Not even permanently. Rather just pay him to take someone's wallet a number of times, and give it back to them, let's say."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yuki was sent flying. Well, ow, kinda. But she could work with this! He wasn't attacking, which meant she could strike again.

SURPRISE ATTACK OF JUSTICE on the guy while he's floating to the ground.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith and Yuki
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: The World Revolving]

Hellfire rains from the heavens as smoke billows upwards from the burning ground. Yuki, you take one look at that and decide "fuck that shit, I'm outtie", just y'know in different, more anime words. Teleporting behind him again, you cleave downwards, aiming to catch him as he rises further into the air. This time, he's prepared though. Maybe? Was he prepared before? Kinda hard to tell since he got his ass blasted away by Faith's beam. Fabric and tube dissipate, born of shadows they return to shadows. All the remains of his regalia is the central rod of the umbrella which he rests across his back once again, right in the path of your chainsaw. Darkness leaps from the rod, shifting the strike into a glancing blow, an unsuccessful one at that, a malicious grin forming on its wielder's face. He's just above you now, with a clear shot at your back as the falling embers ignite your form, wreathing you in flames.

"<Flames do not burn eternal, and even gods can perish!
Empress of Death, heed your vow! A myriad curses upon the living!
Let the embers of life extinguish!
Scatter and fade! Thousand Cherry Blossoms!>"

Faith, you've only just managed to maneuver your unstable shield bubble onto the roof when the guy starts fucking chanting again and the tongues of flame just fucking detach, turning into radiant flower petals that blow and scatter in the wind. Wish he did it sooner, still the bungalow doesn't seem to have taken any structural damage and the only flames in sight are y'know, the ones consuming your half-sister as cherry blossoms scatter from her body. Uh, that's her lifeforce isn't it?

"Very well, we can also give you the notes and let you study that part yourself."
Sol picks up the tablet and dusts it off, nodding in agreement.

Yuki, you've just landed on the ground. You're still on fire, you're feeling the strength slowly sap from your body, and Shou coming down right after you, aiming to run you through with his umbrella, which as you note, is rapidly regenerating its fabric.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Shef
"I'm sure he has a price, but I don't think you'll like the markup."

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 06:45:50 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Something I should.....hear?
Minato blinks. Was this something he hadn't already known? Not that he knew everything about Faith, but....now wasn't the time to ask.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith looked down, letting out a breath, and then she nodded and turned her gaze down, looking distinctly miserable as she did. "I-- I-- yes. It's not just important with the things that keep happening here in Japan and then to training, but it's... it's important to you and me, too. But... I don't want anyone hearing about it who doesn't have to. I... I really don't. So... after."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

".....alright."
Minato didn't ask what it was, yet. Now wasn't the time.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki wasn't exactly going to sit around and get stabbed, obviously. Therefore, she had to do something. She didn't think about it. She didn't even quite realize she was moving as she started. Something was a little different...

Alter to 5, then do The Thing. And then attack.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki

[Now Playing: Nothing]

Aight, so here's what happens. What you guys see happen anyway. Shou's spell goes off, the raging hellscape turning into a necrotic field where life force scatters like petals in the wind. The man himself thrusts down, a probing strike with his umbrella. This is where things get weird.

There's this flash of light and Yuki is instantly behind him. The air around her twists and scintillates like ripples on the surface of lake, her form hazy and distorted like a mirage. If she swung, you didn't see it; all you see if Shou around holding his umbrella by both ends as something just fucking launches him backwards, the area where he stood just fucking exploding with sprays of sand.

[Now Playing: ???]

An arm falls to the ground, still twitching as it dissipates into wisps of darkness. Shou regards the false limb with understandable apprehension as he reveals he reveals that actual arm, hidden within his cloak.

"W-what the hell's happening? Enn, you seeing this?"

With a sharp exhale, he grits his teeth and adjusts his guard, the glowing cherry blossoms shifting into motes of green light that begin to converge on him, cuts and scrapes beginning to vanish from his body while the shadows beneath him begin to spread out and boil.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He was trying to heal himself. Interesting. That was her thing. So, nope.

Resolve use for telestabbing. Alteration up to 4. Finish the fight.
Sigtext!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's new, some kind of speed boost? Haven't noticed it before, hazard a guess she stumbled upon it just now, wonder why. . ." He cocked his head, trying to get a feel for how badly off Shou actually was. The surprise was probably great, since he'd probably thought he'd known Yuki's abilities and limits before. But if he couldn't adapt, well that might say something about his abilities and experience.

No, he'd definitely been holding back, and were it a real battle, he'd win Shef was sure. He could survive the burst of attacks--and it would be a burst, one couldn't do this permanently without a catch--and then his effects on the field would slow and allow ensnaring, disorient or confuse. Then an incantation, like the ragnarok spell, in order to get a decisive blow before she'd recover. Something like that.

But for a battle to first blood or similar like this. . ."Does he have any way to actually counteract that offensive pressure?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki

[Now Playing: ???]

In an instant Yuki appears behind Shou, the man barely able to react as in a split second, the girl just fucking faceplants into the ground, her aura fizzling out with a puff of sparks and anticlimax. Shou takes no time kicking her in the face, and that, is the end of that.

[Now Playing: Losing Horn]

Yuki ends up skidding across the beach with a cut to the head and Shou chases afterwards, breath shaky and healing potion in hand.

Yuki, you feel uncharacteristically tired. Probably on account of, whatever it is you just did. You think you did something cool? It was kinda a blur.

"H-hey! Yuki! You okay?"

Shou offers you a potion.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:10:34 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 285