Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223570 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You've neglected to ask them to not just place the bomb somewhere in your bungalow. Surely you don't want that."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 07:35:06 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Minato looks over the twins, trying to figure them out.
".....that's.....reassuring. Don't make it worse, Shef."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spectators
"Cross that off the list."
"Done!"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

There was a moment of silence from Faith as her expression turned into one of disbelief.
"Real-- wh-- are you-- fucking really? What the fuck?"
Faith pressed a finger to her comm.
<"Yeah, hey, what the fuck?">
She fell silent for a moment, looking between Shef and the twins.
"God, that better be a joke." Another pause, this one briefer. "Shef, how many more paranoid things can you come up with?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spectators
"That was a joke."
It really didn't sound like a joke.
"Ah, but where are our manners? Let us introduce ourselves. I am Sol, and I am Luna. As you can see, we are twins so we are in sync. In fact, we can even finish together."

Sol & Luna
Probably Not Incestuous

Faith
"I see you've met your mentors?"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 02:09:16 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

". . .A lot? Is there a problem with that?" It was just the ideas that came to him naturally. Someone said they had a bomb, so he speculated they might want to do something dangerous with it. Was there really a problem with that?

As the twins finished their introduction, he gave a reply. "Shef. Assume you know who we are though." Sol had been the one who mentioned the bomb in the first place, and who'd made the joke, while Luna had just gone along and clarified things. There might then be some distinguishing parts of their mannerisms, by which to differentiate them?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spectators
"There is if she's planning on killing you in your sleep."
That's a joke, right? It's kinda hard to tell since the pair seem to give everything they say the same deadpan delivery.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

”No, I— I want you to say them. Just in case they are planning to surprise me with some terrifying bomb thing.”

Faith spoke into her comm again.
”<They— do they have a history of doing things like teaching people by putting fucking bombs in their houses, or really that general sort of thing?>”

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko blinked. She hadn't heard those twins correctly, had she? It took her a moment to realize she was still talking to someone. "Uh. Anyway. Yeah, that sounds about right. I mostly wonder if I even can, and after the last big mission I'm thinking it would be useful to have more knowledge in that area."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Minato rubs the back of his head, not quite confused, but definitely annoyed.
"Right. Okay. So you're teachers. What....exactly, do you teach?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, that's--alright. Well you don't want them giving the bomb to Yuki or something, especially without telling her what it is, them not throwing it at you doesn't forbid them from just handing it to--well, probably you just want to ask them to not surprise you or someone you'd care about getting hurt with it. There's other stuff, but they've probably got a reasonable reason to want to use a bomb for training, and I'd trust Winter and Enn not to have them do anythign that causes too much collateral damage. . ."

He shrugged. If he was actually worried, he might have thought a little more about the possibilities, but again, this was training, and as far as that went he trusted Winter and Enn enough.

"If Faith wanted to kill me, expect she'd just try to blast me immediately, and probably succeed." Which was a problem perhaps, if someone who was not Faith showed up, someone less concerned with the fact that she might be also injuring people in the vicinity. But there was no real way he currently had to defend against that, save keeping a low profile and winning the information game. Shef shook his head a little, this was a vacation, the whole team was here, he could keep alert, but he shouldn't obsess. Right?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Bad Cop, Mad Cop
« Reply #2726 on: January 25, 2019, 06:37:05 pm »

Faith
"No? Though they did recently order a machine that creates and sustains explosive volleyballs..."

Noriko
"Oh, there's no need to worry about that. You can learn almost any magic with enough practice and dedication, or the right shortcut. To begin we'll need the twins to figure out how your magic works first and then we can move on from there. I um, cheated when learning mine so I'm better at optimization than fundamentals."

Minato
"Magic. Curses. Eschatology."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Bad Cop, Mad Cop
« Reply #2727 on: January 25, 2019, 10:05:18 pm »

The reaction had been baited out! And she... continued the charge, pretty much.

Chaaaarge! Try to avoid the spike things, but if necessary chainsaw them. Works on trees right? Anyway, primary target is probably obvious.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Is that a long story? I'm curious." She was also curious about the twins, but in a sort of morbid, potentially horrified way, so she vastly preferred whatever Ren had to say. "I mean, it's hard to say I learned mine at all. I sorta just. . . do it."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith let out a sigh of relief.
"<I mean explosive volleyballs, you know, whatever. I might nuke a normal volleyball out of existence at some point I guess but as long as no horrible deadly surprise stuff is being pulled on me, I'm happy.>"
"So, um, what kind of training do you two have planned for me, specifically?"
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 285