Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223560 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So presumably everyone follows Yuki up past the cafes and into the main complex. The sandy path soon gives wave to an amalgamation of stone, steel and glass sweeping into the main entrance. It's well, less a tiled floor and more a single continuous tile spills out from the concierge. It's also here that the light rail station is located, though that term proves to be rather deceiving. Rather than being a tram stop it consists of a silo of sorts that square platforms rise out of. Passengers use a terminal or their cards to set what you can only presume to be a destination before stepping a platform that will then cocoon itself in a prism of energy before rising up into the rail system and routing off, a sort of on-demand service rather than a scheduled one.

Past the glass doors is the concierge itself, a rather fancy affair with winding paths and staircases leading deeper into the complex, their general trajectories revealed by a series of holographic maps scattered across the air conditioned hall. A pair of bored-looking receptionists man the desk, for some dentition thereof anyway, they seem to be more concerned with looking at their phones and handheld consoles than their current work (or lack thereof). A few people are milling around, a few new arrivals taking photos, some beachgoers having a rest on the seats, and a handful of adventurers walking to and from the direction of the quest hub.

Minato, you recognize one of the people here. Sort of. Ji-Hun Yi. You've heard of him. Vaguely. It was a while back, in passing really, a mention of a promising new recruit, a necromancer armed with a ritual scythe who came to be known as the Midnight Reaper. A title which you're guessing was made independently of his bright pink hair and surprisingly not awful fashion sense. With a title like that you could've been forgiven for expecting him to be all gloomy and full-on Hot Topic, but nope; khakis, hawaiian shirt, and a smile. He's currently chatting some girl next to him.

Ji-Hun Yi
Blunt Razor

The girl? You don't recognize her, you're pretty sure. She's dressed in a hospital gown augmented with a jacket and long boots, not the kinda dress sense you're likely to forget.

Anyway, past the concierge your current routes will take you deeper into the complex before curving out into the main square and crossing all the way through the inner peripheral.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Minato raises an eyebrow as they walk past the Midnight Reaper (real odd name, but then Minato literally was ripping off a beloved TV series, so what room did he have to talk?)
"Huh. That's who they were talking about. He looks like a fun guy."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay so now you guys are outside your bungalows. The hotel aesthetic had long faded to the grand bewitched brass bridges and mechanisms of the colossal fountain in the main square, which in turn faded to the peaceful, almost suburban feel of the inner peripheral. The inner peripheral, you could probably summarize a good chunk of it as just a collection of various words followed by "court" and then linked together with parks, pathways, and accommodation. You do notice a hotspring and a couple sparring arenas though, probably gonna be using one or the other soon enough.

Anyway, your bungalows, they each have light rail stop right in front of them, the system splitting off from a hub just outside the the general stretch of beach they're all built along. When it comes down to it, they're basically just small luxury houses, not really surprising when it comes down to it, the realm's got magic out the damn ass and it seems like no one's afraid to splurge a little. Full temperature, breeze and humidity control, adjustable sound and temperature insulation, filtered windows that can simulate day or night and let in a breeze without even needing to open. Shit's got wifi, a full kitchen with the same weird pigeonhole appliance Noriko now owns, oh and, no instruction manuals at all. You have no fucking idea how to use any of this.

It's fortunate then, that putting your bags down does not require a user manual.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wow. Wonder how much this cost the AI to get us. . ." It really was impressive. Everything else had been exceptional thus far, but this was more surprising to Shef. Either the AI had payed for the highest class acommodations, or they hadn't. The fact that there might be more luxurious accomodations was almost bewildering.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 07:53:50 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith looked at the bungalows for a moment with undisguised awe -- she was by no means poor, but she had never had this level of luxury. "Wow, that's, uh... that's really something. Where-- where did the money to pay for this come from? Minato? The government? ...shady Awakened things I shouldn't ask about?" Faith stared at the bungalow for a little longer before her face clouded a little as something else appeared to cross her mind.

She moved her hand to a lock of her hair and thought for a moment, twirling that lock of hair, until eventually she spoke up. "Ummm, Minato? Sorry, and this isn't because of being mad or anything like that if you're worried about that, but I think I want to stay with Yuki here. Uh, I don't want to come off... the wrong way."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This is.....actually real cheap. Here, anyway. See, when everything's made literally out of magic, nothing really costs all that much; it's more or less the cost of getting rare materials and people willing to do menial labor. Also, they tend to like Godslayers here; between their skills, the fact they tend to make tons of money to spend on holidays like this and general shenanigans, Godslayers get a lot of discounts around here. I didn't get taken here as a kid- most exotic places I've ever been are either down in Okinawa or the Seychelles- but.....well, I did my reading."

Then Faith. Minato looks a little disappointed.
"Ah. I see. Well.....that's okay, I suppose. I can't really just ask you to room with me, right?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

"Okinawa seems not too crazy, but, the Seychelles, Jesus, aren't those like islands that are just forever away somewhere? I went to the Bahamas one time I guess but, I mean, they're kinda right there." Faith wasn't sure that Minato had a super normal concept of what was cheap and exotic.

"...and... uh... no, sorry. That would be kind of..." slutty, Faith thought, her eyes dropping to the ground, "...yeah."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright, then. Obvious distribution is me and Minato, and Noriko and Kouta in the other bungalows. Gonna go out on a limb and say that Kouta probably doesn't want to be separated from Noriko." And that Faith probably didn't want Minato rooming with one of the other girls.

"Any problems?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"I'm fine with that~! Faith, you wanna go check out our room? Annnd then we can get ready to go to the beach!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Kouta shook his head, affirming Shef's statement. "Plus, who knows what Minato would teach him if they got left alone together." She didn't seem to be particularly upset any more, especially given how quickly Minato had backed off of the topic. "But yeah, the more time we stand around the less time we've got at the beach, let's go."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Without another word, Shef moved on into his and Minato's bungalow to begin unpacking. A growing pile of neatly folded clothes appeared on the bed, accompanied by a number of small useful items. When he heard footsteps, he'd glance up to check that it was indeed Minato, then ask quietly, "So how much would you bet on Kouta having a crush on her?"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:16:21 pm by Strider03 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato lifts an eyebrow at Shef as he begins to unpack on his end of the room.
"You've been watching way too much anime."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef gave a brief, puzzled glance. "That seems somewhat unlikely." He murmured mildly, shifting one of the piles of clothes to a chest of drawers.

"What kind of leap in logic is that, anyway?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, the sort of thing you're describing, that only happens in anime, is all I'm saying."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef stared at Minato, head cocked in confusion. "Excuse me? I--You know kids get crushes right, that's not exclusive to anime? He's gotta be. . . I don't know, in his very early teens. Getting a crush on an older teen seems. . . far from unlikely?"

"Think about it seriously for a moment. She's an older teen involved in magic shit, with secret powers that he lacks but can comprehend, and takes care of him all on her own."

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 285