Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223522 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - A Perfectly Ordinary Afternoon
« Reply #2520 on: November 17, 2018, 02:16:14 am »

"Faith, stay close. There's a Sanctuary nearby. Don't know what they're playing at, but everyone here's in danger and we have to get them out. But first....cover me. I need to suit up!"
Minato ducks behind the nearest obstacle and reaches into his blazer, tugging on the Gaia Driver's lever.
"Henshin!"
Get to cover, keep an eye on the area around us and transform.
[[2] 1 5 1 5 4 3 1 2 2]

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 17, 2018, 04:34:37 am »

"<What? Oh my God, already? Are you fucking kidding me?>" Faith let out a long sigh. "<Well, fuck it, I guess I'm not in as awful a state as last time anyway. Can't catch a break, though...>" She looked around and pulled out the rod she had been given by the alien cat thing and Nicole, a tacky pink kind of thing with a heart on the end. "<Well, if we're in a Sanctuary this is really as good a time as any... uh, what did I have to... uhhhh, I, Faith Tatsumaki, llllegally? Yeah, I, Faith Tatsumaki, legally agree not to go to the, uhhh Happy... Funtimes Coalition of Systems, and that whatever actions I take do not fall under the liability of, I think, Syrup Aerospace!>"

Faith winced, but it seemed to work, as the pink heart on the end of the pink rod began to glow, and her body was suddenly obscured by white light. Maybe some observer in some faraway plane got a vision of her swirling around in a multicolored background, with bubbles of light flashing by the observer's point of view in a very complex transformation sequence, but here and now it was a much more pragmatic transformation, a flash of light obscuring her form below her head for a moment before disappearing and revealing that Faith was wearing an entirely different outfit: Faith was wearing a red, long-sleeved dress going down to the knees, with circles of white frills and red frills running (separately) down the sleeves and main body of the dress and making something that almost seemed like a striped pattern. On the chest, right in the middle of the white frills and above her breasts was a large and brilliant blue gem set within a blue flower, matched by smaller blue gems on her cuffs. She also had a black headband with a blue flower on one side of it, white stockings going up to her thighs, and pretty black shoes that thankfully weren't high heels.

Faith looked down at her new outfit and paused for a couple of seconds. "<...wow. Okay, that's... uh... actually not that bad, it's a little much and kinda on the nose, but at least it's not some fanservice anime garbage... RIGHT THE SANCTUARY. Um... Minato, you should probably keep a little bit of a distance from me, I'm going to be trying the new Regalia out and what it does is pretty lethal so you need to not get in the way of my abilities with it on, okay? Right now with what I have planned that means you shouldn't be super near me.>" And with that she moved a few feet away from him and up popped one of her shields... but instead of simply being the usual glowing yellow shield, eddies of pink coloring moved through it. "<Come,uh... come and get some! We're ready for you and you can't get through me!"> Nice job on the confidence, she thought to herself sarcastically, but hopefully whatever attacked fell for it and attacked in melee.

Faith puts up a Shield of Courage and charges it with Doki Doki Energy!
World Line: 5 2 3 3 4 3 4 6 6 2
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:07:36 am by Powder Miner »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 17, 2018, 05:39:38 am »

Shef
"I can get some long fall charms for the balcony. Though mind telling me why that's the plan B? It's probably faster than taking the stairs and it keeps the attacker away from the civilians too, so it should make it easier for us to fight."

Nothing suspicious, though you're not exactly expecting that either given that you're up against large monsters and not a hit squad. Better safe than sorry though. Dressing room is mostly empty, makes sense given that it's a cocktail night and not a performance. Corridors are rather busy at the moment, likely won't be on the night of the event, and chances are in an emergency most people will be leaving through the main entrances for the stairs and escalator than back here.

Faith and Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Okay you got a Sanctuary, you got a target, but where the hell is the Aramitama? It's gotta come soon, Minato's readying his armor, the element of surprise is already fading. It needs to strike now, so where the hell is it? Is hiding? Is it disguised? In the shadows? In the walls? Is it the couple to left? The truck passing to the right?

A girl brushes past you, a high school student no older than you are, straw hat tilted over her eyes. The motion jostles you, your eyes follow, but she's not there anymore. No, she's in front of you now, scythe crashing down without mercy.

[Now Playing: RISE]

It was simply death, emptiness, void, nothingness given form, a deep rift torn into the world, a color darker than black. A scythe, when it comes down to it, is a pretty piss poor choice in weapon. Modified it could work as an awkward pick, if you've the strength to wield it as such, still less than ideal, but no one uses it because it's a good physical weapon. Perhaps it's the price of their ritual, the price that the wound be inflicted by something so flimsy and impractical, perhaps it is little more than a magical catalyst, less a weapon and more a conduit, it always comes down to supernatural fuckery in the end, and this? This ain't no different. This deathly scythe as it turns out, is imply its dormant form, and when it attacks it shifts, into a great cleaving shockwave, that, that is what was bearing down upon you.

Faith, you force Minato out the way and leap backwards, the blade cleaving your barrier in twain, before both your feet touch the ground again you're leaping to the side as the weapon lances forwards again, now in the form of a lance.

You're, hurt. Okay, not really, it's a graze, it's fine, but well that's not really the point here. This staff, it's definitely upped your capabilities, the scythe strike didn't even touch you, your shield soaked the hit for you. The follow up? You didn't need the shield for that, you dodged. So, did you get grazed? It was between the two strikes, right after the first strike broke your shield, something brushed your finger tips, and in that moment it felt as it the strength started to leech from your body. It was only for an instant, but it was most certainly there.

The wheat is gone too, all the wheat in the path of the swing is just, gone, scattered, stalk and all. It should've only bisected them, but the entire stalk is gone. Is there some other trick to that scythe? Or is it a quirk of this Sanctuary itself?

Four drones rise from the field in a spread formation, each consisting of a spherical birdcage with circular arrays of wind chimes beneath them. Spinning their wind chimes like gatlings two of them send twin streams of arcane energy streaking down towards you, the wheat falling apart beneath their fire as the rounds start tracing towards you. Hmm... they're destroying the wheat completely too... and what's with these trajectories? It's like they're trying to break the wheat around you before closing in?

The third chime rings with a soundless ring as a large spell circle circle appears above you two, sending arrows of frost raining down. Fourth, kinda just floats there.

Oh also, scythe bitch is coming right up on your grill, keeping up the pressure and aiming to impale both of you with another thrust of her weapon.

Minato, your armor's up and you notice that her guard's got some holes in it. She's overextended. At least she should be. It should be a simple matter to summon a sword, parry, and strike and yet... something is wrong, terribly wrong. Every fiber of your being is telling you to run, that it's a trap, that you musn't attack right now.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:28:49 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Harvest
« Reply #2523 on: November 17, 2018, 06:46:01 am »

"Minato, I'm trying something, so I need you to keep a little distance from me and try to keep those chime things from getting me!" Then Faith sprung into action once more, stepping forward into the path of the scythe-wielding Aramitama -- and putting up two shields with a burst of frantic but planned effort. The two spheres of mostly-transparent yellow-pink energy were up there one inside the other as part of a plan, and part of that plan was making sure that the Aramitama hit her and not her boyfriend, so she wasn't just stepping into the Aramitama's attack, she was running into it, aiming to hopefully get hit twice by the Aramitama before the Aramitama realized just what it was that Faith was actually doing.

Faith puts up two Shields of Courage (using a Resolve) and Alters her 2 roll to a 3, spending it on one of the shields, alters the next 4 to a 5, then tries to intercept the Aramitama's attack!
World Line: 2-->3 3 4-->5 3 4 6 6 2 1 1
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:05:22 am by Powder Miner »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 17, 2018, 08:13:49 am »

"Because I didn't know you could get the fall charms. Without them, the risk of injury to the client is a bit higher, and combined with how publicly visible it is, it might create some concern. It's now plan A though. We're expecting to deal with monstrosities I know, but I'd prefer to keep the main entrances and back elevators in mind as options in case of the unexpected."

"If we're expecting monstrosities, but don't account for the possibility of some crazy ex or family rival sending a saboteur, then we'll find ourselves in deep shit. And seeing as we have time, I'm going to be checking for things not necessarily related to monstrosities. On that note, he headed into one of the bathrooms, and gave a quick check for anything suspicious, then indicated Leone should do the same for the women's room. He'd want this repeated on the bathrooms they come across later.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 17, 2018, 08:23:52 am »

Shef
"Fine by me."
Bathrooms are clear.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:38:52 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 17, 2018, 08:47:54 am »

Shef led the way back to the main room, checking what was behind various walls with portals as he went. His floor plan wasn't fully labeled, so he needed to fill it out as best as possible.

"Could you get your hands on a tracking device? Worst comes to worst and we get separated, being able to track the client will be valuable." As they reentered the main room, Shef began to consider how to inspect the light scaffolding in the ceiling, whether he'd need portals, or if he could figure out where to access it the mundane way. Given that the ceiling was twelve meters up, there'd be some way of easily accessing it for workers who needed to change the lights. Catwalks or something.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: November 17, 2018, 08:54:54 am »

Yuki, hearing the commotion, goes over to investigate - maybe it's something cool~
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: November 17, 2018, 05:30:49 pm »

Shef
"Consider it done."
There's some maintainance stairs and walkways up there.

Yuki
You're about to peak into the alleyway when a swarm of shadowy bats erupts out, soon followed by arcane bolts. The swarm swings out and precipitating out of it is a man dressed in an awfully expensive suit with a black umbrella and pointed canines.

"Lil' lady! It's dangerous around here, you'd best get going!" he sounds, friendly, approachable, as he traces a blood red circle and steps back, putting himself between you and the entrance to the alley.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:38:39 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 17, 2018, 05:45:53 pm »

Shef makes his way up to the catwalks, and begins to look around as usual for anything suspicious. More importantly though, he'll try to determine if this location would give more coverage for Hanako than either of the terraces on either side of the main room.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 17, 2018, 05:49:41 pm »

"Faith, wait! That's a trap! Dammit!"
No time. He was transformed. Faith was stepping right into a trap. He mentally went through what things he could summon quickly. Durandal would be of no use. The Luin was only good for an oncoming attack. Gungnir, no; he needed something better. He needed some way of intercepting attacks; so it couldn't be Gleipnir.

Rho Aias it was.
Alter to 2, summon Rho Aias and multiple generic shields, use Rho Aias to cover from above and use the rest to cover Minato and Faith's backs.
[[1] 5 1 5 [4] 3 1 2 2 4]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 17, 2018, 08:28:17 pm »

Shef
Nothing suspicious. Coverage-wise, it's better; the terraces have a bit of a blindspot directly beneath then, and while the walkways will block Hanako's shots straight down, she can move to compensate, or phase her shots straight through as the construction of the walkways makes it possible to glance through them. The trade-off however is that you're not entirely sure it will survive the recoil of her Regalia's artillery mode, a single shot from that could potentially send pieces of scaffolding and walkway crashing down onto the hall below.

Faith and Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: RISE]

Faith, you just throw yourself at the Aramitama blade. Your shields shatter and the blade dissipates. That's another two doses, she goes for the follow up: a sidestep and a slash to your throat. That is where things go wrong for both of you. She seems to stagger forwards an extra step, off-balance. Her face is flushed; Doki Doki poisoning. The first dose, she's realized some thing's wrong, but it's too late, you've given her another two doses already and soon enough they'll be setting in. Things aren't all sunshine and rainbows for you either, your duck turns into a fall as all the strength seems to leave your body leaving you prone on the now-barren earth. You're struggling to find move, your life force is beginning to drain.

Minato, you're currently pinned down by the frost arrow barrage, the surface of the shield is beginning to freeze over but it's barely even damaged. The other shields, well they take a few hits and then the arcane bolts just trace off them and instead just start blasting the ground around you too. Hmm, looks like these drones are focused more on suppressive fire and debilitation than raw power. Still this bevahiour is quite troubling, they took care to leave you in a small circular patch of wheat, surrounded by barren ground, this can't be a coincidence.

Spell Chimes A and B swing their weapons over at Faith now, with the previously dormant Chime D conjuring another frost arrow circle above her. Chime C continues pressuring and pinning you with its own rain of arrows.

The Aramitama collapses into shadows, reappearing closer to you, another short range teleport followed by a low sweeping strike aiming for your legs. That second dose Faith gave her should be setting in shortly, she should be vulnerable, but you still can't shake this sense of dread.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 17, 2018, 08:58:16 pm »

Shef muttered quietly to the angel out of the corner of his mouth while shaking the railings a bit and testing their give."This is a better vantage point by far for Hanako to snipe from. Not sturdy enough to take the recoil more than once or twice. Any thoughts? Could have me up here instead, with Hanako still on one of the terraces, but I'd rather have two bodies close on the ground, specifically the more resilient ones." He also gave a quick look around to see if any security cameras were visible in the ceiling.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2533 on: November 17, 2018, 10:03:46 pm »

Noriko stopped in her tracks quickly enough that she nearly stumbled in the process. A small part of her wanted to scream; she wasn't exactly dressed to receive guests, unless she'd missed something and "cavernous hoodie and old jeans" were the new standard clothing for welcomes. Instead, she just sort of blinked at the group of people in the Sanctuary. "Er, hi?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 17, 2018, 11:36:54 pm »

Shef
"Set her up on the terraces, we'll need as much firepower as we can get. We can rig some cameras up here and have her monitor them to cover her blond spots."

Noriko
"Er, hi! Sorry about the intrusion, it's just we never had the chance to properly thank you for all your work, and um, Wintermute mentioned you just moved in here and that you could use some more furniture so um..."
"KILL."
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 285