Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223476 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - As Bright As On The Primal Day
« Reply #2190 on: August 28, 2018, 07:34:18 pm »

Shef
"Oh it was oodles of fun, quite violent though, got shot a lot and he caved in my chest. Still, I learned a lot."

Hanako looks fairly shocked and gulps as she hears about what do did to Evi, yet... "I'll do it. I can't die not again not again"

"...Is she goigg to be okay?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 28, 2018, 07:54:39 pm »

"I don't have a clue. She went through some stuff, up to her if she shares though." Well, it sounded like she had the motivation, that was good at least. Shef had nodded internally as she spoke. He'd been right about the trauma. Though, could she actually die after coming back to life? Hanako was some kind of ghost, right? He'd ask the AIs later.

"Anyway, sure. We'll figure something out. Hopefully tailored to what you want to get out of this, but no promises. Later though."

"Does anyone need something to drink? Water, tea, juice? Some coffee, but I can't vouch for quality."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 28, 2018, 08:06:22 pm »

Shef
"S-sorry... a-after I left, I visited my p-p-parents and- and..." Tears begin to well up in her eyes "it was t-terrible, they spent the last two years thinking I was dead... I-I can't let them go through that again..."
"There, there, it's alright now..."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 28, 2018, 08:48:09 pm »

"Shit, I'm sorry, I. . ." This was partly his fault, certainly. Shouldn't have pushed so hard, should have waited to talk about it later.

"I. . .We'll try to fix that, so something like that doesn't happen again. Alright?" He stood up to go put some tea on. She hadn't said no last time, and maybe it'd help a bit. Once the water was on though, he came back out into the living room, and stood in front of Hanako

"I'm not going to say things are going to go fine. Not going to lie. There's always going to be that chance that someone or something gets you. Backup, resources, training, they'll all help, but they'll never bring the chances to zero. So you're going to have to figure out what level of risk you're willing to live with, and how much you can put into lowering it. And then we'll start working towards it. You need goals for what you want out of this, specific ones. Consider it your first assignment. You have two days, starting now."

Another one of those gambles. People--some--needed something to do. That bit of drive forward to get them out of the rut. If it was a push by someone else, so be it. He pushed the unsavory association that came with that back; he was doing this for her good, he wouldn't abuse it. He'd be taking a lot of chances like this with training, Shef considered, basing a lot of his choices on instinct, hopes, and vague ideas.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:50:08 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 28, 2018, 09:26:43 pm »

Shef
"I-I understand! Thank you!"
...Well, she's motivated at least.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 29, 2018, 06:26:01 am »

"Good." Good. He hadn't elaborated on how specific he wanted the goal, but maybe what she gave would reveal something about where they needed to go. He nodded sharply at Hanako, then headed back into the kitchen to get the tea. Shef only made up one type, some oolong, but the "guests" would just have to deal with it.

He offered the tea around, before setting the tray on the table. Now what? He didn't anything more for Hanako, and if he thought of something later, she was right next door. Leone, he'd like to figure out the details in private. After all, it appeared to Shef that she'd arrived with the intent of a private meeting, whatever that entailed. Evi, well Shef knew he had one small thing he'd like to do before she left.

"Evi, if you need anything. . .here," Shef snatched a piece of paper and scribbled a cell phone number on it. He only had Mary's number himself, and he didn't really want to ask for her number now, while everyone was around, so best leave it to the maid's discretion.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 29, 2018, 11:22:10 pm »

Shef
"Thanks! I'll b eheading off now, don't want to overstay my welcome, now would I?"
"I-I probably should go too... I only came to c-check up on you..."

Your phone vibrates. It's from Rosario. By app too, guy doesn't like texting, prefers something a little more encrypted. Says he prefers the interface a little better too.

Quote from: Rosario
Got a job for you this Friday. Yeah I know, it's been a while. But don't fret, it's a good opportunity, trust me, and extended to you specifically. Security gig, bodyguard dutiy, it's for one of those fancy old lineages, one that is awfully interested in meeting a man with your set of skills. Enn and Wyn will handle the briefing when you're ready. There's a catch though - they need four people, and your usual group won't work. Think you can get three other people in time?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 11:24:26 pm by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: August 30, 2018, 01:14:19 am »

Faith stared blankly at their foes on the ground for a moment -- horrifically melting and vomiting paint, dead, beaten the hell up, and very dead respectively. Then she looked up and stared at the snipers she'd blinded... several stories up. Faith imagined trying to sprint over, clamber up the fire escape for multiple floors, and then get into a one-on-two fight... and she just let out a whimpering noise, then looked at the (evidently not Japanese) newcomer, who appeared to be some sort of angry red-haired magical girl. Whatever... Faith couldn't bring herself to care WHO it was, so she just looked up at her, and then pointed in the direction of the roof. <"Please...? I already blinded them...">

Then Faith moved behind Minato, over to check on Sakurako. Naked, covered in blood, barely conscious, and in fact still bleeding... horrifically. What had happened to her...? She hadn't been awakened before, Faith was sure about that. Faith quietly muttered a curse and knelt over Sakurako, injecting her with a healing potion. "Oh, Sakurako... ...Winter, Enn...? Do you have anyone who can heal her nearby...? Or... anyone with clothes? I-- I really don't want to have to, but I'll take off my shirt if I have to so she can have it, but... but... I don't want to."

Faith just heads over and uses a healing potion on Sakurako.
World Line: 5 5 4 4 5 5 5 2 6 5
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:34:00 am by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 30, 2018, 02:56:16 am »

"Just use as many healing potions on her as you can. The only reason she's still alive is that she's likely Awakened now. If she's Awakened and she has these goons after her, being naked is the least of her problems."
Minato, for his part, wasn't quite sure what was going on with this person (he was pretty damn sure whoever it was probably rivalled Yoake for insanity and was probably one of her rivals in business, given the whole "Syrup Industries" business, but you never knew with Awakened). Still, the bailing out was appreciated.

Now to finish off the last couple down here. Minato wasn't quite confident enough in his aim to throw a spear up at the remaining blinded snipers. Even if he could use the Luin, he'd need to get a little closer to guarantee a clear shot. Which meant finishing off the last couple down here instead. He turns to their surprise guest.
"<Thanks for the help. I got the ones down here. Do you mind getting the ones up there?>"
Alter to 3, summon Durandal and calmly finish off the remaining enemies on the ground.
[2 6 6 1 1 [3] [3] 6 1 3]

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: August 30, 2018, 06:04:33 am »

Shef gave the message a glance. Friday, he'd have time to find some people, hopefully. A more thorough mission rundown would be necessary before he could figure out the right people. He didn't ignore the coincidence of four people being necessary total, and him possibly having three utilizable guests in his apartment. But he wasn't going to ask anything until he had some firmer knowledge of Hanako's skill set, and Leone's trustworthiness. And most importantly, the mission parameters.

The man nodded as Hanako and Evi mentioned that they should leave, and he stood up to walk them to the door. "See you later. Have a nice day." He remarked as she presumably headed out. Afterwards, he followed Hanako down the hall just a bit to her door. "You too, have a good day."

"But, uh, try to avoid the whole phasing in unannounced? Head in the front door; odds are if you can help me at this point in time, I won't be dead in the extra time it takes. If I would be dead in that time, odds are it's not something you could help much with. Anyways, just try to avoid it, okay? Or else I might just have to start doing the same thing back. I can, you know."
Shef flicked his fingers, and summoned a portal through the door in demonstration before quickly dismissing it.

With that he turned, and retreated to his apartment.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: August 30, 2018, 06:10:08 am »

Faith and Minato
"<Got it.>"

So Minato just stabs a sword through the two downed foes while the girl flies off and Faith just jabs the girl with healing potions till the wounds vanish, though her heartbeat remains fast and erratic, she's starts making the call when...

"That won't be neccesary!"

Walking into a view is what appears to be a cartoon cat with angelic wings and a ribbon on its tail.

"I aready called in a surgical kit, it should be here soon."

He examines Sakurako, first visually, and then checking her pulse and breathing.

"Her powers have gone haywire! It's forcing blood around her body at an incredible speed!"

Sakurako suddenly convulses, quite violently too.

"Her heart just ruptured! Don't heal her, at this rate it will just happen again, and with her power acting like this, she can function just fine without it. We need to conserve our healing until we can treat her or get her to someone who can."

Two gunshots ring out, followed by a thump as Snipe Hunter A's body hits the the pavement. A few moments later, the same fate befalls B.

Soon enough the surgical kit arrives, warping in with a flash of light. It's a flat white box with a casing that splits open to reveal an assortment of mechanical appendages tipped with all the manner of probes and instruments. The mascot starts by deploying a few scanners, contact monitors and four needles, three of them looking like drips the last looking like some sort of blood extraction apparatus.

"She's been injected with a cocktail of drugs. We need to get her to a clinic, somewhere that can look after her. Someone who contain the drugs too. Can you drive?"

Well Minato, you certainly know someone who can. As for the clinic and the sealer, you've the feeling Eisenberg Health and Aiko should suffice.

Shef
Hanako seems to nod in understanding until you do the portal thing. That's about where she just flushes red and takes her leave a bit more energetically than usual.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:23:38 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 30, 2018, 06:37:34 am »

What was that about? Shef's brief consideration of the matter revealed nothing, so he set the thought aside. For now there were other things to figure out. He headed back into his apartment, dragged a chair to a point opposite the couch, and sat down.

"So. Talk."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:49:00 am by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 30, 2018, 07:03:56 am »

Shef
"I'm here to save you, from yourself. The path you're going down, are you really happy with it? Do you think you will ever be happy with it?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 30, 2018, 07:27:23 am »

"Ahaha, hilarious, Ms. . . Leone? Look, you're gonna have to be a tad more specific. I'm not going to be falling for that discount carnival psychic shit." That little tactic where they throw out bits of info, then wait for you to give them the answer that they need for their farce? Info that could apply to anyone, but seems specific enough to make you think that they're talking to you.

A significant part of the population gets midlife crises, or something similar, and there was nothing in what the 'angel' said to indicate she was doing more than guessing.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 30, 2018, 09:02:09 am »

Shef
"You've lot a lot of things, Olivier, hope, direction. And now? I'd say you're just going with the flow. But when all is said and done, will you be happy? Do you even know what you want anymore? Your life back? The empty jaded life you had? Revenge? Revenge you were denied the first time? Will you ever be happy?"
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 285