Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223473 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - As Bright As On The Primal Day
« Reply #2175 on: August 26, 2018, 09:17:51 pm »

Shef took the bestowed flowers, looking for all the world as if he didn't know what to do with them.

"Thanks?" Overestimated the commute? She still would have arrived around eight, pretty early for such things. Could be explained as wanting to do it before work, but evening would work better, Shef would have thought. "So, same story for you two? Decided to pay me an early morning visit for flowers? I-Look, sorry. Does anyone have anywhere to be? Otherwise, just, just come inside and sit down somewhere." He waved them in with his free hand.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:42:15 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 26, 2018, 09:27:11 pm »

Shef
"I-I didn't bring any flowers sorry b-b-but I can by some next time! Promise! I-I actually live next door now... I just came since I heard a crash and then gunshots..."
"I'm here for business. Consider me your guardian angel. So long as you draw breath, I shall bear form. I didn't come bearing flowers, but I do have this..."
She conjures a silver briefcase in her hands and opens it, offering a peak for a brief moment. Assorted munitions lie within. She dismisses.
"Hahaha, guess you have me beat there."
So before you know it, you end up sitting in your living room with three cute girls. What the fuck is your life right now?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2177 on: August 26, 2018, 11:58:47 pm »

I guess.[/glow]

Noriko groaned and buried her face in the couch.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 27, 2018, 12:38:18 am »

Quote from: Ren
Kay! Gimme a text when you're done!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 27, 2018, 06:22:37 am »

This didn't make any sense, none of it. Three women in his living room, at seven in the morning, two of whom were bearing gifts? Illusion maybe, too vivid for a dream. If this wasn't an elaborate ruse or choreographed prank, what was his life coming to?

He held up a hand towards Hanako to stop her. "No, no. Please, that isn't necessary, not that the gifts aren't appreciated of course. Was just. . . trying to figure out what's happening, this isn't exactly a normal Tuesday morning for me."

He took a deep breath. "Anyway, introductions first. You two know me, and apparently each other's names," Shef nodded at Hanako and Evi; the former had mentioned the latter's name, right; then he waved his hand at the angel, "But I don't know who you are--name, not just claims of being some kind of guardian--and I'm going to hazard a guess that they don't either."

Jesus christ, what was he supposed to do with this? Just entertain the uninvited guests? Dismiss them? Either way he needed a few answers. Whether the angel was telling the truth, and if so, how he'd managed to get a guardian angel. How and why Evi had gotten his address, though he suspected Winter and Enn might be responsible. Less important, but still of interest was the fact that Hanako lived next door. When had that happened? He didn't remember there being a vacancy, though he didn't pay that much attention to it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 08:25:00 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 27, 2018, 06:45:44 pm »

Faith ducked and threw herself forward, dodging bullets (literal bullets, but also she'd fought Hitler and Stalin at this point so fuck it), and reflected that she would dearly have loved to take care of the one shooting at her, but Minato was in more trouble than her so she didn't really deserve to ensure her own safety before his. Plus the one that had just been attacking him was now... undergoing some sort of transformation that would probably lead to more agonizing and/or humiliating things down the road Faith didn't want to deal with.

As she began to turn, Faith watched as some incredibly violent magical-girl looking girl came out of nowhere and started positively brutalizing one of their opponents. That was good news, though she wasn't looking forward to having to talk to multiple people after the battle ended... especially if more of the bullshit that had happened to her earlier today happened... dammit, Faith! she told herself. No getting distracted... even though it was very, very hard.

Faith ran in the direction of the transforming enemy, and let out a burst of magic in its direction -- and since the crowd was gone, she didn't have to hold back, she could just vent some of her frustration and humiliation and fears on this thing, and boy, bo-o-oy, did she have a LOT of those to vent.

Faith sprints over to Neophyte D and fires off a Desperation Break at it, not especially wide width, but a couple yards' worth of clearance on either side (unless it would hit Minato or Sakurako of course)!
World Line: 6 5 5 4 4 5 6 5 5 2

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 27, 2018, 11:47:30 pm »

Shef
"W-we exchanged names after I crashed into her outside... "
"I think I'll go with... this."
She picks out a passport and ID from her briefcase, likely from several, and flips it open, revealing the name "Léone Mercier".

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 28, 2018, 03:56:59 am »

Use the Luin Celtchair to propel Minato and Sakurako out of the way of the beam and the transforming opponent, targeting Hunter Neophyte B and using Rho Aias and the stockpile to protect Sakurako. Minato will take the shots for Sakurako if necessary.
[[3] 2 6 [4] 6 1 1 3 3 6]

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: August 28, 2018, 06:10:31 am »

Phrasing implied that it wasn't necessarily the angel's real name, even if there was such a thing, but it would do.

"Alright then. Léone, this is Hanako, she used to live in this apartment, and we met a few days ago when she came wandering back. This is Evi, and we met yesterday on a mission. Hanako, Evi, this is Léone, and we just met this morning when she broke my bed." There, hopefully that would clear things up a little. He neglected to mention more about the circumstances of any of the meetings though, with a vague feeling that he'd look really bad if mentioned certain things.

He stopped a moment, and looked around, unsure where to go next with this. He spoke abruptly. "Why the flowers? Don't mean, why didn't you pick something less than legal, I mean why'd you feel the need to get a gift?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Back to the Landfill
« Reply #2184 on: August 28, 2018, 10:23:15 am »

Faith and Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Sis Puella Magica]

So Minato and Faith switch, Minato rushing away with his flaming spear and Faith vaulting over him, discharging a quick purple ripple of destructive energy. The wave crashes into Neophyte D and seeming passes through them causing no harm.

So Neophyte D just fucking fires into the space Minato occupied before sprouting its six wings and a corona of light behind its head, its body becoming blindly bright, so bright it's painful to even look at. It also appears to have summoned a wooden oar in its free hand, readied to club a motherfucker like a baby seal.

Oh and Minato feels the impact of the bullets against his back, even though none of them even connected.

As for what's happening with the newcomer, well, a futuristic magical circle traces beneath her feet and she starts shouting out an incantation, if it can even be called that.

"<I, Nicole Valentine hereby certify that the course of action I am about to take is mine and mine alone! I thus declare that Syrup Aerospace and its subsidiaries are not liable for the potential consequences of my actions, which include though are not neccesarily limited to: property damage, grevious bodily harm, death, ecological collapse, and/or crimes against humanity!>"

And with that and a swing if her staff, a directed pulse of rippling pink energy, love hearts, and bubbles looking like something straight outta a shoujo manga background rushes through A and B's cover. If it dealt any damage, it isn't visible.

Minato's charge comes after that wave. Nico slamming her staff down and launching C's pistol up into her hands with a pinpoint blast as she moves into cover, giving the boy a little covering fire against A. Rho Aias takes another pounding as a he approaches, and while A is suppressed it becomes quite clear their magical pole doesn't give a damn, discharging the eight orbs around it as a precision barrage if arcane bolts. So what happens here is that Minato blows a stockpiled weapon for an initial block, simultaneously using that blast to propel him into B, terminally shanking the punk ass bitch before detonating a second unit to his side to catch the side of his side and spinning him around 180 degrees to catch, most of the remaining bolts. Took a shot to the shoulder in the process. He'll live.

So, how do A and D respond? Well A raises their rifle and then just, drops it, doubling over as a circular maw forms in their head for the express purpose of vomiting paint all over the pavement and starting to just, fucking convulse as sections of its membrane begins to slough off. D meanwhile runs forwards with absurd speed before just suddenly exploding as if some sort of crazy destructive spell had just slammed into it.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventories (click to follow link)

Shef
"A token of appreciation for protecting us and that training."
"Training? Shef t-trains people too?"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 02:52:26 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 28, 2018, 12:52:25 pm »

Had that really been training? It'd just been a sparring match, quite spontaneous too. And Shef didn't consider himself knowledgeable enough to provide more than combat experience. He didn't have any specific lessons he could teach. He said hesitantly, "In a manner of speaking. Never done it before, honestly."

"But it was pretty enjoyable, and if you want to go at it again sometime, we should work something out."

"Same goes for you, if you want, though you've already got a trainer or something, right?" Shef directed this at Hanako. He considered that it might be a bit rude to ignore the angel for the present, Leone? Actually, how was that pronounced for a girl? In any case, he didn't feel guilty about said rudeness for two reasons. Firstly, since matters with her seemed somewhat business related, dealing with that was best left for later after. . . whatever this was. And in the second place, she'd broken his bed. She'd just have to accept this small amount of discourtesy.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: August 28, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »

Shef
"I-it's um uh, m-more like a mentorship b-but I'd r-really feel more comfortable i-if it was with you!"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 28, 2018, 07:04:53 pm »

Shef choked, then spluttered briefly before getting out a word.
"Why??"

He coughed, then said carefully, "You-you do remember how we met, right? Did you lose those memories too?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 28, 2018, 07:10:34 pm »

Shef
"Y-you took care of me w-when no one else was there! S-sure you tried to punch me, b-but I think I'd have been s-startled in your position too..."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 28, 2018, 07:23:22 pm »

It wasn't that he had a problem with maybe doing some training work with Hanako, save his own lack of qualifications and experience with anything of the sort. It just still didn't make any sense to him. He hadn't done anything special, but she. . . part of it could have been just the traumatic nature of the experience, Shef supposed, and people tended to be more impressionable at those times. He didn't want to take advantage of that.

"So did Mr. Koizumi. Let me get this straight, because. . .You know what. Actually this is probably better." He had no idea how this would reflect on him, but it seemed the best way to convince the woman not to get herself into something she wasn't mentally prepared for.

"Evi, mind telling her what our 'training session' was like? And then, once you've heard that, then decide whether you want this. Fine if you do, I'll do my best. But listen first."

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 285