Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223465 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Back to the Landfill
« Reply #2160 on: August 25, 2018, 05:52:33 am »

Quote from: Ren
Sure!
What do you do?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2161 on: August 25, 2018, 09:51:05 am »

I'm a waitress.

Noriko groaned. Here it comes. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 25, 2018, 07:49:14 pm »

Where for?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2163 on: August 26, 2018, 10:19:53 am »

It's a little cafe on XXth street, can't miss it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - As Bright As On The Primal Day
« Reply #2164 on: August 26, 2018, 06:08:28 pm »

((I'm jumping Shef and only Shef to the following morning to do something.))

Shef's Apartment, Tuesday Morning
You awaken to a crash.

Your eyes flicker open. Rays of light filter through veiled windows. Morning. Seven o'clock by your estimate.

Your bedframe has broken from the impact. There is a pressure on your body. A weight, concentrated near your pelvis. There's a lady in your room, straddling your lap, clad in not much save for a simple white robe that does little mask her figure. Bright brown hair cut short and eyes with color match, wings of alabaster and a heavenly aura that dispels all doubts as to her identity - the girl is an angel.

Noriko
Wanna meet up there?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: August 26, 2018, 07:32:49 pm »

Shef's eyes flicked open and he quickly put on his glasses. His gaze swept over the windows of the room, and the doorway that lead into the more general area of his apartment. The windows probably weren't broken, there was no visible glass, the blinds were unmoving. There wasn't a direct line of sight to the door, but if it had been blown open, there'd have been splinters on the floor, visible through the bedroom doorway.

He had begun to visibly relax again when he noticed that he was at an angle. His bed wasn't supposed to be at an angle. He finally turned his gaze towards the weight in front of him. A human being. He stared at her for a moment, and then up to the ceiling, arm inching around to the side of the bed. As soon as he felt the textured plastic and metal, his arm snapped up to point the pistol against the woman's head.

Angled slightly up, it'd likely not hit anyone in an adjacent apartment, and would need to go through more layers of building to get to the next floor if something happened.

"Better fucking pray that this is just a dream."

He pulled the trigger twice.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:43:37 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 26, 2018, 07:47:07 pm »

Shef
Well uh, you're not sure what you were expecting, but this stranger wrapping her lips around your gunbarrel probably wasn't one of them. Like your actual gunbarrel, the RAM handgun's one.

She coughs for a moment before spitting out blood and two flattened bullets.
"RAM-zero-three. Fifty calibre. Regalia variant. You've got good taste."

Not a sign of any impairment. Likely some form of rapid regeneration, similar to that of Yuki. Hasn't budged either, she can definitely take a hit.
"Don't look so disappointed, I'll swallow next time if you ask nicely."

It is at this point that Hanako pokes her head in through your wall, finding herself looking at you being straddled by a girl on a broken bed saying some awfully scandalous lines. Her face immediately flushes red.
"I-I I-... I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were- Next time I'll knock!"
She immediately scrambles away, though judging by the ruckus outside you can't imagine she got too far.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:01:11 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: August 26, 2018, 08:07:45 pm »

Shef sat a moment in stunned silence. He hadn't put full power into the shots, maybe around half, but that still shouldn't have happened. At the very least her head should have been knocked backwards some. The bloody bullets that fell onto his bed were flattened. She could still speak too. Some form of extreme regeneration, or extreme physical resilience, or maybe some combination. The speed implied that it was likely passive, though he couldn't be sure at this point.

He watched in complete befuddlement as Hanako's head appeared through the wall before disappearing. That likely meant she knew the person? Had they arrived together? What Hanako had said didn't indicate either way. . .Too many questions. But the main thing was, this wasn't a battle he could expect to win, and the woman on top of him wasn't attacking him. Stalling was better, not action. Figure out what was going on and try to come up with something.

". . .Excuse me?" He said in response to her statements, while pushing a little from underneath to see if she'd stand of her own accord. It wasn't especially comfortable for a few reasons.
"Mind getting off, please?"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:18:53 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 26, 2018, 08:13:16 pm »

Shef
She nods and hops off. Well, she's pretty relaxed for someone who just tried to fellate a fifty cal, soft-spoken and altogether as angelic in temperament as her appearance suggests, comments aside of course. Doesn't seem to be hostile, for now at least.
"Sorry about the bed by the way, I wasn't aiming for that."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: August 26, 2018, 08:23:58 pm »

"Well, what the hell were you aiming for?" Shef challenged, sitting up a little. He was somewhat clothed, with shorts on, enough that he could have gotten up if he'd wanted to without too much worry of indecency. But he didn't really want to. So he waited until the woman had answered, then stated irritably:

"Look, just, can you go wait in the living room for a minute or whatever? I need to get dressed."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: August 26, 2018, 08:26:34 pm »

Shef
"Your place of residence. Take your time, there is little rush in my duty."
Unlike say, the energetic knocking you hear on your door now.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 26, 2018, 08:38:30 pm »

"Right, thanks." Why was he thanking her? She'd intruded in his house, broken his bed, and not even had the common decency to so much as act injured after he'd shot her.

As she left, Shef called out, "Oh, hey, could you just. . ." He gestured vaguely in the direction of the main door to the apartment as the angel left. "Go figure out who's at the door? If it's Hanako, let her in." He didn't have much doubt about the angel's ability to determine that Hanako was the person who had stuck her head through the wall, if there wasn't some acquaintance already.

He'd then toss on a shirt, grab his gun, and head out the door into the main living area of the apartment. If whoever was at the door hadn't been let in, he'd go over and see who was there.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 26, 2018, 08:44:57 pm »

Shef
So start you getting dressed when you hear not one but two familiar voices.

"Hope we didn't interrupt something, we heard gunshots."
"All is well, I was simply introducing myself."
"Y-you mean you aren't his girlfriend?"
"Nothing of that sort. I am his guardian angel."
"O-oh so that means Evi is-"
"Nope, just dropping off a gift."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 26, 2018, 09:01:31 pm »

He was quick. All he needed as a t-shirt, and he'd had clothes laid out on the ground, along with a pair of shoes. One of those things to keep him prepared if something occurred in the middle of the night.

So he was almost ready to open the door and come out when he heard the third voice. Was that who he thought it was? Shef pushed the door open, and looked over towards the main door of the apartment. Yes, he'd been right. He threw his hands up in confusion, turned around and reentered the bedroom, closing the door behind him. He was overcome with the urge to just open a portal through one of the walls right now, whether it be the side wall of the building or a wall into another apartment. But the impulse passed quickly, and he stepped out into the living room again.

"Okay, so. . ."
Here Shef stopped very briefly, trying to collect his thoughts. He sagged against a wall, and rubbed his eyes. "Why the hell are you all here, at, what is it, seven in the morning?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 26, 2018, 09:05:20 pm »

Shef
Evi just laughs handing you the bouquet and flowers.
"I'll be honest, I overestimated the commute. I know you're probably not into flowers and chocolate but... I'm pretty sure the kinda things you'd like aren't legal anyway."
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 285