Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223332 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Neon Weeknd Evangelion
« Reply #1680 on: April 30, 2018, 06:42:13 am »

Good. Only awakened present. "Alright. First things first." Shef raised a hand, and conjured up a portal, connecting two points in space about a foot from each other.

"You all can see that? Good. To put it simply, you've all got powers now. Sounds like just you three and Evi. You're now awakened, the awakening being the drug trip thing you reported. You'll be able to see and comprehend stuff in the world that the rest of the servants won't. If they saw my portals, they'd probably be quite confused, but not actually know what it was. So, you probably won't be able to tell your other servants about this." Shef cut himself off, and paused for a moment.

"Is all that clear? There's more to tell, and I'll get to the shadows and the stuff outside, but for now, I just want to know if you're getting all this." And not having a mental breakdown of course.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 30, 2018, 06:50:27 am »

Shef
"Um, okay." (Vendelin)
"This is beginning to sound like a second rate light novel." (Fleur)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 30, 2018, 07:03:56 am »

"Yeah, well, I can't do anything about that." They didn't know half of it yet.

"Let's see. Basically, once you're awakened, you have powers, and you're possibly a target to these things called Aramitama. Aramitama are big bad monster things that want to take over the world, all the usual stuff, you know. There was a sanctuary, a little hideout, for one in the mansion, which isn't a good thing obviously. You probably saw some of its minions or something in the camera. Any case, that's why we were here. We just had a fight, and that was probably reason you have powers, but I'm not really sure." So he couldn't mention the Heaven's Draft, interesting.

"Final part of the abridged story is that we haven't gotten the Aramitama yet, and we'll need to invade the sanctuary and destroy it before our mission is over. Got questions? About anything, really." Shef had no idea if he'd explained it enough, or well. Hopefully any problems would be merely due to confusion and the seeming insanity rather than a failure to head off false assumptions; those were often far worse.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 09:32:04 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 01, 2018, 08:01:15 am »

Tsukasa walks over to the rest of the group, looking around them.
"Uh. Right. I had a look at the trains and the bodies, aaaaand you're probably not going to want to hear what I have to say, some of you. I made do with what I could bring here; I'd tell you more if we were in my apartment."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1684 on: May 06, 2018, 10:56:01 am »

"I don't actually know how to, no, but I could try to learn." She dropped the topic of her worrying and whether it was justified or not. There were more important things to deal with at the moment, anyway. Such as what Tsukasa apparently had to say about the targeting systems. "What kind of not wanting to hear it?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 06, 2018, 01:24:31 pm »

Faith gives Tsukasa a look of some combination of confusion, and since Tsukasa had been remarkably nonspecific, perhaps a little bit of dread. ”It isn’t the “some of you are actually doomed” or “some of you blew something up you really didn’t want to blow up” kind of thing some of us won’t like, is it...?”

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 06, 2018, 01:59:57 pm »

"I'll make it quick; not that I can go into much detail, given what I have left to work with. The trains are just a bunch of enchanted metal. The cannons you saw earlier were carved into them; the whole thing only remotely worked because of Heaven's Draft. A few of 'em had bays for the enemies, attached using cables to keep them powered and increase their output. The lasers are less of a hackjob; they're well made, but they've got a whole different system for the radar, which I'll get to last.

You guys remember the things you fought earlier, the corpses you brought back for me? They're getting better at making them. Non-ablative armor, a slapdash job, but decent given they seem to have been in a hurry. Missiles? Pretty much shaped impact charges, propelled by magic, probably guided by an external unit. They've got fail-safes, to keep them from exploding or flying if they lose signal, probably to keep them blowing up in transport or something.

As for the radars? I kept them for last because.....well, there's no real easy way to say it.

It's a gaydar.

It senses just how gay you are. The gayer you are, the more likely it'll target you. Might be wrong, it's not easy to tell what these things are supposed to sense, especially given I don't have either a working sample or better tools, but given what Enn and Winter are telling me, I'm going with the most likely.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:02:20 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1687 on: May 06, 2018, 05:41:46 pm »

"What." That was ridiculous. It's not like there was some kind of. . . gay radiation, or something, that people gave off for them to track. Wasn't she supposed to be some kind of expert at this? "So. . . what's the actual reason?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 06, 2018, 05:53:51 pm »

"I'm being dead serious. My guess is, they detect levels of gayness. Not that I can tell out here, not without an intact device or a willing volunteer."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 06, 2018, 06:05:20 pm »

Yoake has made herself scarce in the presence of Mary, and retreated back to the others to hear Tsukasa.

She looks bewildered, but then chuckles loudly. "Oh man, of course! That's why..." She stops, looking at Noriko...

And gives a thumbs up with a smile.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 06, 2018, 06:12:23 pm »

Faith’s eyebrows raised at Tsukasa’s declaration of what made the missile guidance run. ”That’s kind of ridiculous.” Gaydar??? That was like some sort of sick pun. But... they had tracked Satoshi, who Faith figured had been having a bit too much fun with the maid uniform prank, Yoake, who was about as gay as it got, hadn’t tracked her or she thought Minato, and they WEREN’T gay. It made a lot of sense... ”But everything is kind of ridiculous, isn’t it...” Oooh, but they had been tracking Karen and kind of tracking Noriko. THAT said something, especially when Faith put two and two together about how they had been tracking Noriko...

Faith made a point to look away from Noriko, and instead... at Yuki or something, she didn’t know, she just didn’t want to help make Noriko the unfortunate center of everyone’s attention.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 06, 2018, 06:19:39 pm »

Minato doesn't seem nearly as surprised as everyone else.
".....you know, in hindsight, this is probably only the fourth weirdest thing I've seen in two years of doing this."

He, and probably everyone else, is entirely oblivious to Karen's suddenly horrifically mortified and blushing expression in the background, as she stares dumbfoundedly at Tsukasa, trying to process exactly what Tsukasa just said.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1692 on: May 06, 2018, 11:14:16 pm »

Noriko's mouth opened, closed, opened again for a bit. Closed, then she actually spoke. "That's ridiculous, you can't just track that kind of thing. . . and there's not anything to track, either, so don't stick your goddamn thumb up at me." This, this was just unnecessary. The only good thing about this situation was that Karen seemed to be having an even harder time of this. She could have had time to actually think about this sort of thing now that she had something approaching free time, but if she wanted to have this conversation at all it was not here and now.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 08, 2018, 07:01:15 am »

Shef
"I'm gonna need way more info later, but for now just tell me how we're supposed to stay safe during all this." (Fleur)

Everyone else
Satoshi just chuckles to herself before speaking up  "Anything in them we can check? Noriko left some pretty clean holes in them so there might still be something useful left intact in them."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 08, 2018, 07:06:07 am »

"Well, if you all need a moment, you should take one while you have it. Sorry I can't be less blunt, but it's better you know how these things track you so you can figure out a way to get them off you."
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 285