Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223305 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - In Hoc Signo Vinces
« Reply #1560 on: April 03, 2018, 12:47:09 pm »

"I'm going to try something. Minato, you're coming with me." She felt an odd surge of power as she absorbed the shards; normally she wouldn't be quite this impulsive, but she had a good feeling about this.

Use two Resolve Points. Sudarshana on Minato, and use Sauparna. Fly right through that goddamn window.

The Kumon heir would find himself rather unceremoniously flying through the window at an alarming velocity, Noriko in hot pursuit. In instants, all that was left of the presence of both of them was the echoing howl of the wind carrying both Godslayers through the air in the direction of whoever and whatever was fleeing that Sanctuary. . . And the conspicuous absence of the window.
Minato, at first, is a little surprised by Noriko's sudden commandeering of himself. Indeed, he wasn't exactly used to going at high speeds at all; even using the Limiter Release on his armor, he wasn't quite as fast.

Then, he smirks behind his helmet. He could pull something off with this, if Noriko was doing exactly what Minato was thinking she was doing. He spies several weapons of his floating in the air, perhaps unconsciously summoned by him in the chaos, perhaps he'd forgotten about them. He pulls Rho Aias close to himself, his trusty shield. He needed it for something important.

"You know, usually I'm the one asking people to let me string them along, but if you're doing what I think you are, I'm all yours for now, Noriko. Just give me a minute."
Alter to 3, summon a second Rho Aias and hold both Rho Aiases up.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:28:07 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 03, 2018, 12:52:51 pm »

Wellll this was an interesting situation, was the first thought Yuki had. She was trying to figure out what to do when suddenly, everyone was gone. She should probably go with them... she lets off another heal to continue to shield everyone while she basically bolts out after her half-sister, ready to chainsaw (non-lethally!) at anyone who gets to close and hopefully avoiding attacks/helping Faith escape towards the garage. On the way, she grabs a certain annoying cousin of a friend - Karen would find herself being lifted up. "Come on Minato's really rude cousin! Can't just leave you here!"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:21:40 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 04, 2018, 09:11:57 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
[Now Playing: Panther]

With a howl of wind, Noriko vanishes.

...As does Minato.

...And the windows.

...And everyone's skirts.

Hurtling out the window, you see it, the target. A steel behemoth tearing through the earth, its profile wide and low, thrusters dotting its thickly armored shell, burning bright with otherworldly light beneath a blood red sky. As you approach, sun, or rather the sword that replaced the sun behind your back, the first carriage, the first of ten, opens.

An elaborate series of mechanisms twists and folds open its ivory plating, pieces sliding together opening rifts in the armor, holes in the plating for grim payloads to rise from their depths. Four angular cannons emerge, they're vaguely sword-shaped in construction with angular fronts and bulbous rears laden heavy with thrusters. The free-floating weapons shift to the side, burning barrels lazily tracking towards you as missiles begin erupting outwards.

You've, got time, not a lot, but time nonetheless. The cannons have yet to lock on, and the swarm has yet to reach you.

Back in the mansion, things aren't looking good. Socially that is. Not only is everyone now missing their skirts courtesy of Noriko, but Yuki in grabbing Karen had unwittingly used the girl as a human shield, blocking Evi's spray with the heiress' body. The clear liquid, whatever it may be, proving to be awfully explosive detonating in a flash of light that sends the two launching after Faith. Faith continues running the fuck away, now sporting three shields and being pursued by Evi and Vendelin, who are quickly gaining on her.

Yoake meanwhile, well, it's a mixed bag. She grabbed the fuck outta that sword but Fleur immediately let go of it to avoid her counter and surf around her, though failing to actually do so, causing her to just slam into Yoake, the pair now tumbling across the floor.

Shef, just nopes the fuck outta his situation. Honestly, it's hard for him to tell what happened seeing as he portal'd out before he could see the aftermath, though there is some kind of strange rumbling coming from above. It's growing louder but it doesn't seem to be coming towards him at least.

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:16:20 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 04, 2018, 09:28:48 pm »

Shef popped out of a portal onto the grounds outside, a few feet from an exterior wall. He glanced briefly back at the mansion, checking to see if he'd been followed somehow, however unlikely that was. Once he was certain of that, he surveyed the area in front of him. A massive train, ten carriages. Thrusters. And a small shape that appeared to be Noriko and something human shaped along with what were presumably spears. Were there tracks under this behemoth? Shef strained his eyes to see. After five seconds of observing, Shef set off at a jog towards the garage.

"En route to garage now, ETA maybe a minute or so. If you can get a bike that'd be great."

Shef heads to the garage, using a 2, if he's still considered in battle or what ever. If not then it won't matter when the line gets rerolled presumably. Are there tracks under the train that Shef can see?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 04, 2018, 09:44:53 pm »

Damn it! Yoake was not one to usually complain about being in a tangle with a sweet lady, but she had better things to be doing!

Like being in her car!

Aggravated, Yoake performs a quick butt spin, attempting to throw Fleur off. She would then run out of the house, and hop into her car to follow the train.
If Shef is out there, pick him up too!

She taps on her mic. "Yo Shef, need a ride?"

[Worldline rerolled, Resolve used]
[Alteration used, (4) instead of (3)]
[Result burnt, (1)]
[3 1 5 4 6 1 (4) 5 5 5]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 04, 2018, 09:59:38 pm »

As Yoake's voice materialized on the comms, Shef felt a moment of irritation. Every single time she'd called this mission, something had gone wrong, or she'd needed something he couldn't do anything about. The feeling was quickly suppressed however. She was just offering a ride, and he had no reason to turn it down. In fact, he was almost glad for the offer.

"What I need, right now, is a bullet. I'm going to the garage to get it, so meet me there?" He suggested. Then switching over to the line to Satoshi, he stated succintly, "Won't be needing the bike." He increased his pace a hair, closer to a run than a jog now, though not quite a sprint.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #1566 on: April 05, 2018, 12:17:07 am »

Faith felt the mighty blast of wind as Noriko blasted off with Minato out the rapidly-shattering windows, but at the time she had just kept running because she had been hyperflashbanged, was being chased and attacked by multiple people she wanted to avoid hurting, and generally she wasn’t having a very good time. But it was when Faith glanced downwards and noticed that she was seeing a flash of thin white fabric and skin color instead of black that she stumbled (but didn’t stop, she was still being chased). And then she let out a loud, high-pitched squeal of embarrassment. Why did this always happennn?!

Horribly embarrassed because she was now running around in her panties, Faith was no longer willing to go outside. But she wasn’t seeing many other options, and she was starting to get desperate. Nearly frankly ready to cry, Faith suddenly had a line from the briefing go through her head.

Quote from: Elly
"If it does go off, you should be able to safely knock the people out and they'll be fine when you shut it off. Just take it from the user and hit the off button!"

Wait a minute, could Faith actually be shooting these guys in the face with beams?! It sure sounded like it, and it definitely was better than being chased outside and beaten up while shirtless by them, that was for sure. So Faith abruptly came to a halt, turned around, and hollering with a combination of fear, adrenaline, and embarrassment, she suddenly fired one of her magical light beams of freedom at Vendelin.

Faith flips the hell out and then fires a Freedom Beam at Vendelin! Alteration to 6!
World Line: 4 5 3 1 6 3 1 1 1 5

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1567 on: April 05, 2018, 04:22:24 am »

"Ready, Minato?" It wasn't likely that he could actually hear her that well over the gale, but that didn't matter; he seemed to have a fairly good idea of what Noriko had planned already. She dove toward the train (for lack of a better short descriptor), moving Minato out front and aiming him at one of the points on the train where a cannon had emerged. She was already on a roll of fairly impulsive decisions, so. . . "VASAVI SHAKTI"

Fling Minato at the train, then fling herself, and regret the fact that I have no 4 to Manavastra with.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:14:41 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 05, 2018, 04:47:43 am »

"Ready when you are! Hope your hand's steady!"
Brace for impact and use the Rho Aiases to shield from the cannon. Upon contact, explode the Rho Aiases to open up a hole for himself and Noriko to get inside.

Meanwhile, with Karen.....
Karen Nanami was, all in all, not having a great day.

Firstly, she'd been forced to accompany her idiot cousin's team, consisting of an oblivious idiot who had no place anywhere near a hot stove, let alone near Aramitama- the idiot currently using her as a human shield, to boot-, a foreign girl who Karen was pretty sure was attempting to use Minato for his money (she'd had enough of suitors attempting to get at the Nanami/Kumon family fortunes through her and her cousin and she wasn't about to let that happen again), her idiot pervert of a cousin, an uppity girl who needed to learn how to talk to her social superiors properly (and who Minato insisted on protecting from Karen), that moronic O-Shiri woman with more curves than sense, and that other man who seemed like he was the most competent person in the room.

That was bad enough; most of them had no idea, no clue how hard it was to become a Godslayer.

Then she had to dress like a maid. A maid.

She figured her idiot cousin would enjoy all the girls dressed as maids; she knew he was a pervert who enjoyed that thing for some reason. He was probably having the time of his life, knowing that idiot. But what of herself? This was beneath her. The only one who showed her her allotted respect to boot was the foreign girl. Probably trying to ingratiate herself with Karen to get to Minato (she should know better, really; Karen was fully aware that Minato had no patience for her).

Then that O-Shiri woman almost blew their cover. Not that Karen didn't expect that. Incompetence seemed to be a running theme with this group, but this was a level of stupidity towards which Karen had seen nobody else ascend. This was a stealth mission, not some sort of video game where one could just beat up whoever they wanted to hide themselves. What was she doing?

Then this. This indignity.

She had been used as a human shield, with her skirt blown off to boot (luckily for Karen, she always wore bike shorts whenever she wore skirts, no perverts would ever get to look up her skirt that way) and now she'd been blown to hell by one of the target's servants, all while being insulted.

This was, frankly, ridiculous.

Karen resists the urge to demand Yuki put her down, but she does attempt to shoot her the most murderous, furious glare she could muster.

This was ridiculous.

Karen Nanami, heiress to the Nanami line, destined to dethrone the legendary Yukari Kumon, was above this.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:12:31 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:48 am »

"Oh wait, we can smack these people?" Yuki asked aloud as Faith whirled around and beamed someone. Well, alright then! She seemed utterly unaware of the person she was holding's disapproval. "Oh, sorry, didn't mean to do that! But you can take it right? You seem fiiiine." she said with a cheerful grin. The whiplash as she switches to serious is almost audible. She says something quietly enough for Faith not to hear. "Oh, by the way, could I ask you a favor? Could you maybe try talking with Minato and making sure he knows not to cheat on my sister? He's definitely not the type, but I wanna make my position clear. I could do it myself but I don't think he'd take me seriously and she's totally head over heels for him, and I like having him as a friend." More whiplash and she's right back at cheerful. "Sooo, I'm about to teleport and chainsaw the heck out of one of them. Don't fall too much!" And then she was gone, and there was a chainsaw going for Evi.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:27:06 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 05, 2018, 10:14:59 am »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
[Now Playing: Panther]

Minato and Noriko
Remember how I said there was time before deluge of missiles reached you? That kinda assumed that you weren't gonna be flung straight into their damn source. So, here's what happens.

Minato, your systems register a power spike as Noriko works her magic and your false regalia begin to twist. They, don't quite expand, their physical shells are fixed, but the concepts they represent, their identity, they're expanding, expanding more than their physical forms can hold. They're leaking outwards, raw concepts bleeding into existence. The pair of Rho Aias shields in particularly seemingly blooming outwards into hazy seven-petaled flowers, less shield and more forcefield at this point. And as you rush down towards your target, you part the deluge like fucking Moses. The missiles don't even detonate against your shields, no, they swerve out of the way and start tokyo drifting through the air, desperately trying to turn in time to catch Noriko.

Noriko, you're too damn fast, too damn evasive, the missiles getting close, but never reaching you. Still their manevuerability and degree of tracking is troublesome, the fact that you even have to worry about them with your current formation is proof of that, and when your speed boost wears off they're gonna to be one hell of a problem.

So Minato's shields go off. Real nice explosion. But there's a problem - you're in the damn lion's den now and the they're hungry. And also they've got lasers. And they're y'know, not actually lions, they're floating laser cannons. Armored laser cannons that about to catch you in the crossfire if you don't get outta there quick enough. Also there's the slight issue that the carriage isn't actually hollow. Blasting the upper armor has created a crater, not a hole, and revealing the side something set deep in the depths of the carriage. Neither of you are experts on the topic, but it looks like a heavily armored cannon, just waiting to be deployed. Around you, magic circles continue tracing into the air, firing the deluge of missiles past you.

The missiles, they're headed towards the mansion. Heading towards your allies.

Shef
You run over to the garage, it's spacious and all that but, it's also noticeably lacking any sports cars. Half of them honestly seem pretty mediocre, and the rest seem to focus on safety and security more than anything else. Not the best for high speed chases. Satoshi glances up from her work on a bike and wordlessly tosses you a metal cylinder. Inside is a single bullet.

As for the tracks, the train just flattens and tear through the earth so it doesn't so much have a track so much as it just leaves this trail of fucked up earth behind it.

Yoake
You spin out of your tangle, you foe not really trying to remain grappling with you anyway. She sprints towards her shield, you run towards your car, confiscated sword still between your breasts. You easily reach the car before she's even halfway to her shield. Unfortunately it is at this exact moment that Mary flies out of a window above on a motorcycle, seemingly shifting directions mid-air as to dive towards your vehicle, holy spear aiming for its engine block. There's also some weird rumbling coming from upstairs. Doesn't sound too healthy.

Oh also there's this huge swarm of missiles heading straight towards you, and probably the rest of the people in the mansion.

Faith and Yuki
Okay so, on one hand, Faith really wasn't bringing her A game today. On the other hand... her more anaemic Freedom Beam is still an enormous fucking blast of energy. And Vendelin, does not dodge in time. It's honestly hard to say what happens, the beam kinda obscures everything, but one moment he's chasing after Faith, the next, he's back to normal and knocked the fuck out on the floor. Neat. Oh also, Faith's missing most of her uniform as well. That's a thing too. Overloading another beam may be risky, to say the least.

Yuki meanwhile vanishes and reappears behind Evi, but as she's swinging, the maid suddenly jumps forwards, sparks flying as her inlines clash against the teeth of Yuki's chainsaw, spinning around mid-air, she sprays, the holy water igniting and detonating in a blast that launches her assailant back but not much else. Before she can properly counter however, Karen's whip finds its mark striking her in the leg. She lands in a stumble, leaning more on her other leg as she steadies herself. She doesn't continue trying to attack and instead just stands there, waiting for something. An attack most likely.

Satoshi calls in through your headsets "Everyone in the mansion able to drive?"

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:24:55 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 05, 2018, 11:17:36 am »

Shef swiftly snatched the canister out of the air, and popped it open, inspecting the bullet and familiarizing himself with the opening mechanism as quickly as possible. Satisfied, he closed the cylinder quickly, and pocketed it, inner pocket, sturdy. Couldn't lose that.

When Satoshi inquired about driving skills, Shef didn't answer. It'd be redundant after he'd requested a bike. He tapped his mike, broadcasting to Yoake. "At the garage. You coming?" He spoke quietly, standing in the entrance to the garage, watching the train from afar. When it became apparent that there were missiles heading towards the mansion, he spoke to everyone over the comms. "Missiles incoming, make what you will of that.

Alter to a 2. If/when Yoake arrives, jump in the car. If not, Shef will see whether Satoshi can get a bike up and running for him.
4 4 [2] 2 4 4 6 3 4 5
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:59:38 am by Strider03 »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 05, 2018, 03:29:22 pm »

Yoake groans. Of course someone is going for her car.

She had had quite enough. Yoake starts her car, aiming to head towards the garage and grabbing Shef. If her car doesn't get away fast enough, use Quick-Draw Breast Sword to counter the force of Mary's attack, maybe punch a hole in her motorcycle.

[Burn 3]
[3 (5) (4) 6 1 5 5 5 3 3]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 05, 2018, 05:04:42 pm »

On one hand, even in her state she had evidently just removed the “knight attack boombox hoverboard WHY” factor from the butler in one blast of her magic. That was good. On the other hand, she’d gone and done it again, because half of what had been left of her uniform was now gone. Faith was now barefoot, with her top gone until just under her chest where it was actually completely intact aside from a couple of small rips from that point up. Hell, her headpiece was still there, if crooked.

Her Regalia gave her a small piece of modesty, though, as it mostly covered her stomach... but not her back and sides, and now without the bottom half of her top Faith just KNEW that what Noriko’s wind has done was a lot more prominent. ”Uh... Yuki?” Faith began rather plaintively, ”How much do you need my help here? I really want to get something on...”

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 05, 2018, 06:11:41 pm »

"Weeeeell, it would probably be really helpful, but I think I can handle it for a bit on my own! Well, with Karen too I guess." Yuki said cheerfully, as she popped off another heal on the allies in the room to both heal a bit and regenerate the shields. Then, hearing about the missile, she decides that it's proooobably not going to accomplish very much to attack while that's happening and will hurt a ton, so she just grabs the unconscious Vendelin... "Oh, yeah, this guy probably won't take the missiles as well as us, so you should try to bring him somewhere safe if you're going anyway~" and throws him at Faith before trying to get to cover.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:18:06 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 285