Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223313 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Goddamnit Yoake
« Reply #1425 on: February 22, 2018, 03:09:38 am »

Yoake
A problem becomes quickly apparent, right below your own entry is another entry by one Evi Stephanidis, who is currently Giving Linden a tour of the mansion. On one hand this does mean you probably could wait here and he'll come to you, but on the other hand it means he's with another servant, one who may be able to pierce your cover. You could get Enn and Winter to tell him a rendezvous point though, but you won't have any way to know if he'll show up unless he manages to excuse himself long enough to send a message back.

Faith
She knocked out and tied up a maid and has now stolen her identity via cover. It's very fragile and knowing Yoake, will fail spectacularly as soon as she talks to someone. I would recommend pretending not to know her.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:34:27 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 22, 2018, 08:23:23 am »

Winter receives only one line from Minato in response.
what

Karen blinks as she also receives a text. She doesn't at all seem surprised with what just happened.
".....amateur. How has my cousin survived fighting with this idiot?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 22, 2018, 08:35:55 am »

"Ha, now that's a story.  Hope everyone had a good laugh after the fact, definitely worth one. So, you ended up as a maid after that? I--" Shef frowned as he heard the info over the comms. His face rapidly flicked between stifled forms of first growing incredulity, bewilderment, then complete irritation. And obviously that needed some sort of excuse, so he used the one that appeared quickest. Hopefully it wouldn't have the same number of unintended consequences as the bug one. And it gave him a chance to express his annoyance with only himself knowing.

"Fucking. . . Goddammit. Would have been rude as hell to say that. Sorry about that, don't mind me."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 22, 2018, 08:57:26 am »

Minato
"Considering all she has done, is this honestly a surprise to you? If she cover breaks, we will get her to withdraw. Though looking at your current situation, you may be in hot water too..."
"What was that?"
"I would suggest admitting you're a pervert. It's gotten you this far."
You hear the sound of a paper fan hitting Winter over the earpiece.

Shef
"Oh? Something rude coming from you? I must be doing something right if you're relaxing. Really, we're not too formal here. Funny thing about the maid work actually, I just so happened to need a place to stay in this area, there's some business matters I needed to attend to and Mary was more than happy to let me stay here, still I couldn't just accept her hospitality y'know? I'd feel pretty guilty and since she was looking for new servants I thought, what the hell? I could try my hand at it. Yeah I know, I might be a bit of a weirdo too doing this, but I dunno, it just, didn't feel right just freeloading here for this long without doing something in return."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 22, 2018, 09:00:09 am »

Minato clears his throat, trying to regain his composure.

Yoake. Goddamnit Yoake.
"Ahem....I meant....what, do you think I'd want to do something? I'd rather not get fired from my first job in the city, y'know? Parents would kill me themselves. Is there anything I should, uh, try NOT to do? Now that I know we got security here I'm a little more concerned."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 22, 2018, 09:12:40 am »

"Still rather not almost say something like that, to be honest."

"I see. I can understand that, don't think it's really weird. Good mindset to have in fact, not something one'd expect from someone part of a self described blue-blood family. Keeps you from having unpaid debts, and if no one's calling in favors, keeps you from feeling like you're taking advantage of someone's kindness, I guess."

The best solution Shef could find right now to prevent himself from freaking out about Yoake--what the actual fuck--was attempts at distracting himself. Hopefully if something happened, he could keep up his cover, and only Yoake would get in trouble and/or fired. And the best way to keep up the cover was continued immersion, hopefully. So, distractions, and continued conversation.

"Out of curiosity, with us new hires included, how many domestic servants are there here, about?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1431 on: February 22, 2018, 10:19:46 am »

Noriko wasn't completely able to hide her expression (a delectable mix of incredulity and a suddenly suppressed rage) as Winter sent the message. "Uh, hold on, I've got to take this message. . ."

She hammered out a text in reply in fairly short order. <Why the hell would she do that???>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 22, 2018, 01:10:28 pm »

Faith’s reply to Karen was rather sputtering at first — she was still stunned by this whole development.
”Uh— I— She— I guess this sort of thing wasn’t a huge problem before because everything was so chaotic before...”

Faith sighed again, looked around to make sure no one else was watching, and then kind of pleadingly looked at Karen.
”Do you know what we do now? Do we... just pretend nothing happened and hope for the best?”

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 22, 2018, 01:59:45 pm »

"Unless we have different orders, proceed with the plan. Who hired that woman, anyway?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 22, 2018, 07:22:37 pm »

Shef
"Thirty one, though some are part-timers and not always here. We're about at capacity now."

Yuki and Noriko
Why would she do anything? She's likely trying to sneak into the restricted areas.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 22, 2018, 07:24:50 pm »

Yuki, for her part, didn't actually look at the message right away - would have been really suspicious wouldn't it? So she focused on the conversation at hand. "So like, why were ya hirin' more folks when you already got this many people here? Seems like ya got enough help, ya know? Not that I mind at all." Yuki/"Aiko" said.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 22, 2018, 07:40:27 pm »

"It's quite nice, but might we move on from the garden now? If it's laid back as you say, should have plenty of time to enjoy it later. I'm fine with staying here a bit longer though." Linden shrugged. "Random question, but what were you doing down in the basement when you found me? Didn't distract you from something, right?" Even though they were apparently fairly laid back, he had to make sure it wasn't politeness on the maid's part, saying she had nothing to do.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 22, 2018, 07:58:56 pm »

Yuki and Noriko
"Well, you see it's becau-"
"She's a weirdo who can't make friends like a normal person."
"Eh....?"
"Yeah pretty much."
"Eh....?"
"Trust me, she has her reasons for this."

Shef
"The cameras picked you up entering the basement, we were worried you got lost. Oh! Mary's out now, let's go meet her"
You two start making your way back inside to the ground floor rooms and towards the Servant's Quarters again. Looks like it'll be a while before you near the guest bedrooms, and with any luck you'll be able to end the tour before you both come across Yoake.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 22, 2018, 08:09:12 pm »

"Sure, probably good to meet the employer." Linden follow after.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1439 on: February 22, 2018, 09:01:43 pm »

"Not everyone can be good at talking to people. I know a few people that you'd definitely call weirdos, they're not usually too bad." She tried not to let exasperation creep into her voice with this last. God damn it, Yoake.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 285