Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread  (Read 18611 times)

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2017, 01:46:07 pm »

Looks great!
One question: What's the blue circle at Kepno? Last-known position of friendlies?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2017, 03:15:23 pm »

Well, I managed to find the wikipedia page on my jeep-analog while looking up exactly what it looks like, turns out it can only tow 300kg trailers and it is amphibious. Should I go and replace my 500kg trailer for a 300kg and do some inventory tetris?

Also, its a ugly little bugger.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2017, 04:49:06 pm »

Hey guys I still wanna play, but if your wondering why I haven't finished my sheet well I'm still in High-school an apologizes for the excuse but its been taking a lot of my energy so would you mind giving me some help?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2017, 06:46:38 pm »

Yo. Sorry for the IC double post if it offended anyone. I couldn't think of anything for my character to say until I popped into the shower.

@Slick
What do you still have left to do on your character sheet? I'm sure your fine in terms of activity since we're probably not going at neck-breaking speeds. Also you'll still be working hard and busy after high school. Trust me.  ;D

@Aseaheru
Is the LuAZ-967 your jeep? If so, then I think it's good if it looks a little dinky; that'll hopefully deter dudes from stealing it from us.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2017, 10:02:32 pm »

Looks great!
One question: What's the blue circle at Kepno? Last-known position of friendlies?
Yes the blue is friendlies but it's a question mark as your not sure exactly.
Well, I managed to find the wikipedia page on my jeep-analog while looking up exactly what it looks like, turns out it can only tow 300kg trailers and it is amphibious. Should I go and replace my 500kg trailer for a 300kg and do some inventory tetris?

Keep the 500kg trailer and if you want to do some inventory management that would be a help.
Hey guys I still wanna play, but if your wondering why I haven't finished my sheet well I'm still in High-school an apologizes for the excuse but its been taking a lot of my energy so would you mind giving me some help?
I'm not going to be racing ahead so don't worry if it takes you a few days to finish your sheet.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2017, 10:47:08 pm »

Yeah, thats the one Strawbarrel.

Alright, thanks for the headsup Funk.
Highly Opinionated Fool

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2017, 08:52:06 am »

It defies simple metaphors, but I'd give it a shot with "A double-space coffin with wheels and a collapsible wind screen".

Sure. What do you need help with?

Edit: Funk, where on the map is the now-destroyed divisional headquarter?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:11:49 am by 3_14159 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2017, 10:14:37 am »

The last reports you had placed your headquarters outside of Kalisz but that was days ago, be now there might be a few fellow stragglers left there or a massive amount of soviet troops.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2017, 02:49:45 pm »

The last reports you had placed your headquarters outside of Kalisz but that was days ago, be now there might be a few fellow stragglers left there or a massive amount of soviet troops.
Right.

@StrawBarrel:
"Blowing the bridge doesn't sound that bad after all," the private said. "Anybody recall what type of bridge it is? Is it a heavy duty type of thing?"
The handout I found (which is an expanded one from 1st edition), suggests that the bridge might have been blown before July 15th, then reconstructed by morning of July 16th (enough to get M1A2s over there) and finally blown up again in the afternoon of July 16th.
For now - and unless Funk decided anything else - I'd assume that, in this timeline, it hasn't been blown up again, but instead still is the temporary bridge by the engineers. Maybe a Mabey or Medium Girder bridge. Just if you want to work that in your post, since I had actually assumed us to be camped near (that is, definitely in sight of) the bridge.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2017, 04:00:49 pm »

Thanks for the info Pi. As for our current camp's location in relation to the bridge's location, I'm imagining that the distance approximately 10 km (~6.2 miles) based on the map's scale, which looks like 1 cm = 10 km. Compounded by the fact that I believe we are currently in forested surroundings, I don't believe the bridge is in sight of the camp. So I'll just let that piece of dialogue be for now.
Max avatar size is 80x80

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2017, 04:20:33 pm »

Thanks for the info Pi. As for our current camp's location in relation to the bridge's location, I'm imagining that the distance approximately 10 km (~6.2 miles) based on the map's scale, which looks like 1 cm = 10 km. Compounded by the fact that I believe we are currently in forested surroundings, I don't believe the bridge is in sight of the camp. So I'll just let that piece of dialogue be for now.
An excellent point.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2017, 05:06:03 pm »

Right.

@StrawBarrel:
"Blowing the bridge doesn't sound that bad after all," the private said. "Anybody recall what type of bridge it is? Is it a heavy duty type of thing?"
The handout I found (which is an expanded one from 1st edition), suggests that the bridge might have been blown before July 15th, then reconstructed by morning of July 16th (enough to get M1A2s over there) and finally blown up again in the afternoon of July 16th.
For now - and unless Funk decided anything else - I'd assume that, in this timeline, it hasn't been blown up again, but instead still is the temporary bridge by the engineers. Maybe a Mabey or Medium Girder bridge. Just if you want to work that in your post, since I had actually assumed us to be camped near (that is, definitely in sight of) the bridge.
The bridge was destroyed but has been repair made by engineers.
You have a hide a little way from your camp that over looks the bridge.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2017, 12:25:07 pm »

Funk, which sorta bridge is it? That would have a few major effects on the conversation.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2017, 02:54:25 pm »

Funk, which sorta bridge is it? That would have a few major effects on the conversation.
Well it a normal road bridge with one of those Girder Bridges built over the centre to repair the damage.
(So you could just take the bridge apart and dump it in the river.)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15