Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread  (Read 18589 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 01:21:57 pm »

Can we swap for an equivalent to one of them? For example, a IVECO Magirus instead of a 2.5ton truck, or an Iltis and some form of Land Rover instead of those pickups?
If you can find the stats, i'll let you put forwards substitutes.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2017, 02:28:44 pm »

I think I would prefer a 5 ton equivalent.

Funk, any limitations? Would it need to be one in service with one of our nations, just found in the area? What about cargo capacity, what sorta range would be acceptable, +- .5 ton?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2017, 03:43:45 pm »

I think I would prefer a 5 ton equivalent.
So one for option A.

Funk, any limitations? Would it need to be one in service with one of our nations, just found in the area? What about cargo capacity, what sorta range would be acceptable, +- .5 ton?
Any that could be found in the area.
As for cargo capacity i'm hesitant to give you much range as the proposed half ton is a lot in the smaller vehicles.
But then next to nothing for the large vehicles.

Lets go with the .5 ton and i'll likey let you have more for the bigger vehicles.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2017, 08:54:30 pm »

Well for choosing a vehicle we probably should take in account speed, capacity, fuel consumption, and off-road capability. The first two are rather self-explanatory, but for the other two, fuel consumption is important do to likely refuel points being few and far between-do note that most vehicles are running on ethanol-and off-road capability needs to be taken into consideration do to the likelihood that infrastructure is in rather poor state.

By the way guys can I get your opinion on weapons? You see I'm thinking of getting an Automatic Rifle as my primary and I'm wondering which one I should get:
Spoiler: The Choices (click to show/hide)
So any ideas on what I should get? By the way these are all found on the Paul Mulcahy website, right here:
http://pmulcahy.100megs3.com/automatic_rifles/us_automatic_rifles.htm

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2017, 09:08:45 pm »

I would go with the Stoner 63A, and probably the short form, for the lesser bulk. However, the M16A2 LMG has a significantly longer range.

For vehicles, Im currently looking at the M-548A1 or the Stalwart. Mostly because, well, mobility is important, bridges would be gone, guarded or ambushes, and with six people we wouldn't really be able to handle toomany vehicles.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2017, 10:22:59 pm »

You know another point in the Stoners favor is the sheer amount of magazine types available to it-as well as the various ammo belts, makes it a good choice from a logistical stand point. So maybe the Stoner, unless someone else has an opinion?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2017, 10:59:35 pm »

Well, The M16A2 LMG can use normal M16 mags, whereas from what I can tell the Stoner has its own magazine system, including different belts than the SAW. Also, I think you would need to buy the Stoner, while the M16A2 probably would count as one of those things you could get for free.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2017, 11:13:14 pm »

Hmmm, good point...suppose we'll see what the rest will think hopefully.
Edit:
Actually with Stoner 63a-ie the Mk 23-appears to be an updated system in use among SEALs and Marines...you know might as well quote from Paul Mulcahys' website:
Stoner 63A LMG (Mk 23)
     Notes:  This is the squad automatic rifle variant of the standard Stoner 63A series.  Two basic versions are available: a standard version with a longer barrel, and a shorter version with a shorter barrel and folding stock.  Both versions are equipped with a bipod and can use any of the magazines or belts available to the Stoner 63A series.  They can fire from a closed or open bolt, and are just as often seen feeding from top, “Bren-style,” as from the bottom or a belt.  The “Mk 23” designation shows that the primary users of the weapon during Vietnam were the US Navy SEALs, many of who fell in love with the weapon despite its shortcomings.  In addition, they often swapped folding stocks with the short-barreled versions.  Another name they used for the Mk 23 is the “Commando.”
     Twilight 2000 Notes: As with the assault rifle versions, these weapons began to show up in an improved form among SEALs and Marines during the Twilight War.
I suppose the question is, with the updates has the Stoner been upgraded to STANAG standards and compatibility:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standardization_Agreement
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STANAG_magazine
It would fit such a time-frame but, I guess that would be the GMs decision.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:57:04 am by Slick »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 01:16:46 am »

A good chunk of the issue would be solved depending on any other 'murican people we get.

Also, the more I look at it, the more I feel that the base form of the SAW would be a better choice. Can get it for free, even without GM intervention, can use Stanag mags, has a far better range, slightly less recoil... It is a far heavier and larger weapon though.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2017, 02:11:58 am »

On a glance, would opt for the Stoner, unless you care more for range, in which case the M16.

Am considering swapping out the G11 due to slight ammo concerns. Any thoughts on the PSG1 sniper?

http://pmulcahy.100megs3.com/sniper_rifles/german_sniper_rifles.htm (Is the 3rd gun listed)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2017, 02:33:42 am »

Yeah, that alongside a sidearm able to put out burst fire(A VP-70 would be a good choice in my view) would do quite well.

Im thinking of possibly swapping out my Skorpion for something using 9mmNATO, since we are probably going to have slightly more of that lying about...

-edit-

Noticed the Stoners are actually listed in the Infantry Weapons of the World, where they are listed as being rare.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:33:27 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2017, 07:55:46 am »

You know another point in the Stoners favor is the sheer amount of magazine types available to it-as well as the various ammo belts, makes it a good choice from a logistical stand point. So maybe the Stoner, unless someone else has an opinion?
I said we're not bothering with Magazines, so every gun comes with a magic bottomless pile of One Bullet Clips.
You'll still need ammo and how many magazines worth you carry is how i'll be tracking the weight.

Im thinking of possibly swapping out my Skorpion for something using 9mmNATO, since we are probably going to have slightly more of that lying about...
That's ok.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2017, 03:50:02 pm »

Right if anyone's got any last minute changes get them in now because we start tomorrow.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2017, 04:49:19 pm »

So, any other opinions on what vehicle we are given? I rather fancy having a M-548A1 instead of a bog-standard 5ton truck.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2017, 05:07:41 pm »

You can have it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15