Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread  (Read 18576 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (1/6?)☢ OOC thread
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2017, 09:21:04 pm »

For most nations, it lists the language spoken and then a number of others with a number. For each of those, you roll a d10 against them until you roll below the given value or run out of things to roll.

For Soviet individuals, you have yer national language as native, and then if yer national language isint Russian you roll either "1010"(I think they mean 10d10) for officers or 1d10+2 as an enlisted. The result is your Russian language skill.

For example, as an American I have English as native, then roll a d10 each for Spanish, German, Italian, Polish and Yiddish. If I roll a 7, 3, 4, 8, 1 than my character has Yiddish as a second native language. If I rolled a 2 instead of that Yiddish 1, I would have no second native language.

Theres more strange stuff for later language learning, but check pages 18/19 for native language rules in their original text, and page 22 for later language learning.
 Also, I figured out how to use [abbr] again! Happy days!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »

For most nations, it lists the language spoken and then a number of others with a number. For each of those, you roll a d10 against them until you roll below the given value or run out of things to roll.

For Soviet individuals, you have yer national language as native, and then if yer national language isint Russian you roll either "1010"(I think they mean 10d10) for officers or 1d10+2 as an enlisted. The result is your Russian language skill.

For example, as an American I have English as native, then roll a d10 each for Spanish, German, Italian, Polish and Yiddish. If I roll a 7, 3, 4, 8, 1 than my character has Yiddish as a second native language. If I rolled a 2 instead of that Yiddish 1, I would have no second native language.

Theres more strange stuff for later language learning, but check pages 18/19 for native language rules in their original text, and page 22 for later language learning.
 Also, I figured out how to use [abbr] again! Happy days!
It's roll equal or under, charts are on Page 263.
Note that if you are a European then you get double in every European language group (Germanic, Romance and Balto-Slavic groups (P 262 for the chart))
So that French class counts double.
So if your say a German then every point of French language (which is a Romance family language) counts double.
As GM I'll let players of none European origin get double for there area as well I.E. a Korean get x2 for Japanese.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 09:47:13 pm »

Does that include Armenians learning Slavic, Turkic or other nearby language groups? I could use slightly more than four in Russian.

For reference, the language group chart shows up on page 48. If you have a native language in that group, you get double.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2017, 10:02:58 pm »

Welp, my character apparently knows Spanish. Thanks for the help...Soooo anything else you guys can help me with my sheet?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2017, 10:11:22 pm »

If you pop onto the old 2300AD game's discord I could help you with any issues you have.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2017, 10:11:47 pm »

Does that include Armenians learning Slavic, Turkic or other nearby language groups? I could use slightly more than four in Russian.
A bit of wikipedia lets say, Roll under 7 for Russian and 4 for English, 2 for Greek, and 1 for Kurdish/Yazidi and Assyrian.
Welp, my character apparently knows Spanish. Thanks for the help...Soooo anything else you guys can help me with my sheet?
What do you need to know?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2017, 10:31:22 pm »

I was referring to the double language earning stuff, but alright.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 01:22:41 am »

What do you need to know?
Well, how does my Character Sheet look so far is everything good so far? By the way I fudged some data for instance I actually rolled for my 4th Term that war hadn't started,but I decided it should and my character should be 33 but I put down 32. Is that alright?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 02:15:41 am »

Well, sans equipment I think I'm done:

Spoiler: Eveline Vogel (click to show/hide)

If I'd known war would take so long to trigger I'd have spent a term in Graduate Uni or Technical School to grab some more skills.

Not entirely sure I put the right thing down for service branch.

Also, small quibble, I'm not sure women were actually allowed in the German army, least not outside of medical service, when my character was first enlisted. So should I change gender or just say she somehow hid her gender/otherwise explain/ignore it? Not fussed either way.

Well, how does my Character Sheet look so far is everything good so far? By the way I fudged some data for instance I actually rolled for my 4th Term that war hadn't started,but I decided it should and my character should be 33 but I put down 32. Is that alright?
Trying to avoid the aging checks? (Edit: Also if War started in the 4th term then wouldn't your guy be 37/36?)

You only cheat yourself (and others) by fudging your rolls.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:23:48 am by Cain12 »

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2017, 02:53:01 am »

Well, sans equipment I think I'm done:

Spoiler: Eveline Vogel (click to show/hide)

If I'd known war would take so long to trigger I'd have spent a term in Graduate Uni or Technical School to grab some more skills.

Also, small quibble, I'm not sure women were actually allowed in the German army, least not outside of medical service, when my character was first enlisted. So should I change gender or just say she somehow hid her gender/otherwise explain/ignore it? Not fussed either way.

Trying to avoid the aging checks? (Edit: Also if War started in the 4th term then wouldn't your guy be 37/36?)

Well the book says (4xEach Term) and that equals 33 years...wait is the War term and the Last term the same? Aright I'll change the age I guess.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2017, 07:13:15 am »

I'm not bothered and im not going to look it up.

If the war started after his 4 career terms then he gets a war term which bringing it up to 5 so his age should be 33 to 37.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2017, 09:04:34 am »

Glad to hear, will try to sort out the appropriate gear by the end of the day.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2017, 10:45:55 am »

Right so i've rolled for your vehicles you got 1, 6 and 1.
Do you want to have:

A)
Spoiler: 1 5 ton truck (click to show/hide)
B)
Spoiler: 1 2 1/2 ton trucks (click to show/hide)
and
Spoiler:  2 3/4 ton trucks (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2017, 12:32:59 pm »

Can we swap for an equivalent to one of them? For example, a IVECO Magirus instead of a 2.5ton truck, or an Iltis and some form of Land Rover instead of those pickups?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2017, 12:48:10 pm »

Think I favor B.

Edited in some equipment. Probably need to add some more misc stuff or ammo. (Yeah I let this get away from me.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15