Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112126 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Estwalf of Tven!
« Reply #435 on: March 15, 2017, 04:43:39 pm »

A. He's not stealing our girl yet, so we've no need to kill him. Yet.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 15, 2017, 04:53:35 pm »

You don't pay attention to the whole thing. Later on, during a chat with one of your courtiers, you hear that the battlemaster slain 3 bravados before leaving the capital for the southern lands.

Few days later a reply from your senior, King Tinwulf II, arrives; along with 300 swift and well-equipped light horsemen: Tinwulf writes that you're allowed to post guards at the border, along with his cavalry, and hunt down any Eist intruders who break the law. No outside counter-raids though.

You send the orders and the borrowed horsemen eastwards to the border.

961 AD, Summer

Not that long afterwards, you receive a report; 39 Eist people were captured and 11 killed in total for harassing refugees, trespassing the Duchy's borders and beating up your newest citizens.

961 AD, Midsummer

A delegation of tall, pale-skinned, black-haired men dressed in blues and oranges arrive at your court. They were golden neck-collars and have intricately detailed leafy clasps on their cloaks - yet they're definitely not elves.

"Greetings! We are the merchants of the Calvendocia. We have heard many tales from our dwarven partners that these lands in the east, past the savage horselands and the hostile Kiwi lands, are rich in mineral resources. Therefore our Council have sent us here to seek out potential trading partners."

"What exactly are you seeking?" The leader, wearing a diadem of sorts, steps forward.

"Our land has plenty of foodstuffs and good timber, extravagant spices and polished stone, plant and worm fibers, but little in terms of noble metals - copper, brass, bronze, silver and gold. We therefore mainly offer to buy these resources in exchange for the things you might not have, and we happen to know that your land is lacking in spice and luxuries." One other steps forward as well.

"The dwarves told us that your have profitable copper mines under your rule, Duke. How about we offer spices, furs, wormcloth and jewellery for your noblemen in exchange for both raw and processed copper?" You ponder the offer for a while...

A) Politely decline the offer as you need copper more than luxuries at the moment.
B) Luxuries will sure placate the grumbling of noblemen and maybe even merchants and other well-doing citizens - and a happy citizen is a loyal citizen.
C) Ask if they can offer or are in need for something else.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:40:17 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 15, 2017, 05:02:03 pm »

Trade is the lifeblood of nations. Or something like that. We aren't using the copper for anything at the moment (that we know of), and I assume that we can sell the luxuries for the same amount as the copper, if not more- so it doesn't cost us anything, and it might make people slightly happier.
If the deal turns out to be less profitable than we would like, we can always and tariffs later to make up for it.

B
Long Live United Forenia!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2017, 05:06:50 pm »

B
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 15, 2017, 05:13:26 pm »

A

Trade is a great idea, but I think the timing is rather poor. Not fond of giving up military resources just as we get around to provoking the Eist.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 15, 2017, 05:15:53 pm »

B

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 15, 2017, 05:17:04 pm »

B
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 15, 2017, 05:26:51 pm »

B! It's a pretty good trade, all things considered. Copper isn't exactly militarily relevant in this day and age and it's always good to have reasonable terms with one's non-homicidal neighbors.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 15, 2017, 05:34:14 pm »

B (I wouldn't mind also C)

We can get the upper hand in it, not only our nobles and/or important people "love" us a bit more we can trade again that spices and luxuries for a higher price. Because WE will have it, not our neighbors, we can get the highest possible price

(Besides someone that is in control that gold mine, IF there is someone in control of that goldmine. Only if we could loot the old luathbas castle... maybe we could find documents showing the location of the mine)

More money = more anything
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 15, 2017, 06:22:20 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 16, 2017, 12:36:52 am »

You decide to agree to the trade of copper and its products for various luxuries available from Calvendocian markets.

The first results of this trade should be visible by the end of the next year.

961 AD, Autumn

"The latest report places the numbers of dead Eistians above hundred, my liege." Says the advisor, carrying numerous scrolls. "And this one says that an Eist nobleman was amongst the casaulties."

He then managed to unroll one other. "A whole group of fifty Eist horsemen was routed the other day. Sire, the Eist is going too far with its escapades to hunt down the refugees. I spoke with the Marshal the other day and he says its about time we give Eist a 'punch on the nose', if you know what we mean."

A) "No counter-raids."
B) "Yes, let's see how they like to be raided themselves!"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 16, 2017, 12:38:32 am »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 16, 2017, 12:39:00 am »

A

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 16, 2017, 12:43:32 am »

A
We have our orders.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 16, 2017, 12:50:11 am »

No counter-raids for you.

961 AD, Mid-Autumn

Your wife gives birth to a girl! She names her 'Tisa'.

961 AD, Winter

The winter has begun early with thick layers of snow delivered by long and harsh blizzards. Many parts of the Duchy are paralyzed as roads are covered and people cannot even get to the market to buy food. Supply shortage is present everywhere. You decide to...

A) Buy foodstuffs and firewood from independent merchants with money from the Treasury so your people have to suffer less.
B) Lament publicly about the fate of your subjects but don't do anything else.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 174