Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112138 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Merachd of Tven!
« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2017, 02:52:11 am »

Two months and no battles is not enough. The dwarves will not even have begun to suffer, and neither have we.
I knew our king wouldn't like this idea, which is why we didn't ask him for help. But somebody decided to promise the elves we would attack the dwarves (for some trinkets (do I sound bitter?)); we can't go back on our word now just because of some mild disapproval. Now, if we get ordered to return home, that'd be a different story.
The point is, we must continue the siege. Maaaybe the elves will still show up.

A
Long Live United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 08, 2017, 03:13:45 am »

[...] But somebody decided to promise the elves we would attack the dwarves (for some trinkets (do I sound bitter?))[...]

A
I take full partial responsibility, and thus am bittered by the bitter. x~x
But really, why I voted as I did was because I thought we could use those cloaks for our spies! (Since back in Luathbas, it seemed everyone ELSE had better spies than us >_> with no prominent opportunities to help that aspect, so our intelligence network was lacking, and really loophole'd by Elves/assassins.)

Eeeeeeeeeeh, fine A.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2017, 03:47:43 am »

C c c c c c whyyyyy we are complete idiots whyyyyyyyyyy
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2017, 04:38:58 am »

whyyyyy we are complete idiots whyyyyyyyyyy
Because losing a few troops in a pointless war is better than being plagued by elven assassins for the rest of our dynasty. Which is what will happen if we betray the elves.
I mean, obviously I am not happy with this situation, but the mistake was made several turns ago, when we agreed to this plan. Given that we did, we have to see it through.
Long Live United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2017, 05:55:26 am »

Awesome idea!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2017, 06:16:39 am »

A, let's keep sieging!

Although it does occur to me that sieges might not be entirely wise since we have no idea what dwarves eat, how much of it they need or where they get it from. Plus, you know, natural sorcerers and all. It's something of a wonder they haven't opened the earth below us yet.

EDIT: And the longer we stay here, the more gemstone traffic we can disrupt.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:38:08 am by Harry Baldman »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2017, 07:47:11 am »

A

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2017, 08:10:22 am »

If nothing else, we tax them. Besides, actually assaulting the place is suicide, and we do have to at least maintain the appearance of fighting the dwarves.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2017, 09:53:54 am »

I'll vote A because I don't think the elves are satisfied with us yet. Just one more turn of seiging and I think that will be it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2017, 10:10:11 am »

C, THE ELVES ARE NOT TRUST WORTHY, I REPEAT THEY ARE PROBABLY JUST DOING THIS TO KILL US
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2017, 10:20:07 am »

Have the elves ever actually betrayed us?  I mean, they sent assassins but they had their reasons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2017, 10:25:09 am »

I'll vote A because I don't think the elves are satisfied with us yet. Just one more turn of seiging and I think that will be it.

Do bear in mind that elves may have a different idea of what substantial hostility entails given how they managed to pursue like three generations of Houlandines and kill a solid proportion of them, and it was rather unclear if they would ever stop.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2017, 11:06:10 am »

Do bear in mind that elves may have a different idea of what substantial hostility entails given how they managed to pursue like three generations of Houlandines and kill a solid proportion of them, and it was rather unclear if they would ever stop.

Didn't they say the were going to attack the dwarves and needed our assistance?  Where the hell are they?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2017, 11:47:40 am »

You decide to continue with the siege.

958 AD, Past Midsummer, 100th day of the siege

As you watch the fortified city one morning, wondering if they will ever surrender, you start to hear screams coming from your camp!

The earth has turned into mud and is sinking your supplies, your horses, and your men!

Then the ground gives under you and becomes liquid as well!

4to6

Fortunately you react fast enough to jump out and find some harder place.

That's when you hear sizzling and the screams of your people become shrieks akin to those of tormented animals! The muddy earth has begun to boil! Steam rises as your soldiers are literally baked alive in the muddy trap. Many of the onlookers break and flee, not wanting to join their brethren or not even caring to help you get away.

4to6(+1)

Fortunately, you find enough large stones to step on to escape from the camp which soon sinks into the mud.

Just as you join with some soldiers from another siegeing camp, who were alerted by the screams, you hear a terrific noise of some loud trumpets coming from the city of Ankurvat!

A) Gather your forces and prepare to defend ourselves!
B) Gather your forces and push forward in a surprising counter-offensive!!
C) RUN AWAAAAY!!!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2017, 11:50:47 am »

If total war taught me anything...

B
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 174