Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 111905 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Estwalf of Tven!
« Reply #1665 on: April 23, 2017, 01:23:34 pm »

C, we've got a lot of cash on hand and even more coming in. Only fair that we give back to the man whose father believed in us back when we were nobody!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 23, 2017, 01:29:56 pm »

C

If we provide more support now, he will provide more when it is nomad smashing time.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 23, 2017, 02:11:32 pm »

Bear in mind that our cash reserves are not infinite. They were high, but we've been money since. And bad things can happen at any time, requiring us to spend unexpectedly.
That being said, we can afford to be generous here. Just so long as we keep our purse strings reasonably tight after this.

C
Long Live United Forenia!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 23, 2017, 02:33:13 pm »

C if they deal fast with their problem it might benefit us later. What might be after the sea?  (or it's just a big river?)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 23, 2017, 02:58:49 pm »

As you look at the wagons filled with wealth move northwards under guard, you're sure that your generosity will be appreciated by Dahnians.

975 AD, Winter

After a trek through the nearby woods with your son Ulan, you catch a cold and fever.

A day later it develops into flu!

Fortunately your fortitude and your healers deal with it in few days time.

975 AD, Midwinter

Gold mine revenues and tax from the population arrives at the Treasury!

Also, royal architects and builders have finished refurbishing your palace. Walls were renovated, towers and few guest chambers enlarged, and a new tiled roof shines in the sunlight.

975 AD, End of the Year

It's that time of the year again.

Happiness: 4
Population: 8
Economy: 7
Army: 3

"The reform of military continues and we cannot hire mercenaries... but we can press some peasants into it."

"That will cause unrest." The Advisor nods.

"Yes, but we can also sponsor some festivals and parades to lift the spirits of the people."

A) "Agreed, we will sponsor some festivals while pressing peasants into the Army ranks."
B) "Hmmm, nah, let's go as is for now."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 23, 2017, 03:10:19 pm »

It's better that we are sure that our army will be enough for another year.

A will bring us to 5 wealth.
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 23, 2017, 03:15:00 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 23, 2017, 03:18:20 pm »

A

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 23, 2017, 03:18:24 pm »

Much as I am a fan of saving money, we need that army.

A
Long Live United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 23, 2017, 03:25:13 pm »

A for president.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 23, 2017, 03:42:03 pm »

You greenlight the Advisor's plan.

976 AD, Spring

Your wife gives birth to another child! It's a girl she names 'Astrid'.

976 AD, Autumn

The Marshal arrives at your audience room with several officers in new outfits of the Army.

"This is the new beginning for our land forces, my liege! No longer we will depend on untrained commoners! The change of the military structure will be announced across the Duchy within half a year. Soon, letters of conscription will arrive in thousands of households!"

Congratulations! Grand Duchy of Tven successfully reorganized its Army to a professional and mandatory training model:
You will no longer be able to just grab peasants and mercenaries during End of the Year summaries to replenish Army numbers.
The Army will continuously maintain (or at least, try to maintain) a high level on its own and will cause a constant drain on Economy (currently easily countered).
As mentioned by the new Marshal, you just received a small Population penalty to kick-start the mandatory conscription&training scheme. Unfortunately this has stopped the annual Population tax from giving your profits at the moment.
In times of emergency, you will be able to order mobilization of a chunk of male popualtion for a certain amount of time.

You congratulate them all and then express your wishes that they do their best. They promise to do so!

976 AD, Winter

Revenues form gold mines plus the tax from dwarves of Zonalath have been placed in your Treasury.

976 AD, End of the Year

The year came and went, just like that.

People prosper, your sons are becoming adults, malachite is ready to be sent abroad, the Army slowly expands and the Advisor arrives to bring you the Scrolls of Kingdom Status.

Happiness: 4
Population: 7
Economy: 7
Army: 5

All is well in the Grand Duchy.

977 AD, Spring

"Father, I wish to see the East." Ulan comes to your study one evening.

"East? There's naught but trolls and Gubta there."

"No! That's over the border... I mean, really far East! We've got nothing on the lands of east." Ulan starts pacing about the room.

"West is populated by dwarves, nomads, the republicans and other peoples, and even elfs. South is filled with the Damdamians, their vast empire and their politicians. But to the east lies an Empire that rarely deals with us, and we know nothing of lands beyond." Seems like your son and heir has a geographer bug in him. Or cartographer. Maybe both.

"Please, arrange a caravan for me so I can set forth and explore the distant East."

A) "You're my heir! No way I will send you into the unknown. What if you get kidnapped for ransom, or worse yet, slain by some alien peoples!"
B) "As much as it pains me to send you away, I shall bow to your request, my dear boy."
C) "I won't let you go that far... but how about I arrange you a tour of the eastern neighbours? You could visit the Kashite, Ceodwell, maybe even Gubta borderlands..."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 23, 2017, 03:50:50 pm »

C. It will either scratch his itch, or at least give him the experience to help him survive the longer journey later.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 23, 2017, 03:53:46 pm »

C

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 23, 2017, 03:57:12 pm »

If he goes TOO far nobody will know who he is. B he is wise and maybe is getting martial (or at least not the opposite). This can be a great experience for him.

(Although C is also good. he can do a small and "safe" trip and then a larger one.)
Novice english wordsmith

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 23, 2017, 03:59:22 pm »

B

He's a 17 year old wise and probably martial dude, lets just let him do it, worse come to worst he dies and one of our many other kids takes over. Although we'll have to try extra hard to not die until he either comes back or we get word of what happens, otherwise we might have a succession crisis.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 174