Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112063 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Estwalf of Tven!
« Reply #1470 on: April 18, 2017, 05:56:32 pm »

-Wrong thread-
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:59:36 pm by Weirdsound »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 18, 2017, 07:31:12 pm »

C why not a few horses with fire arrows wreak havoc in their camp and just leave laughing? If it don't work we slow them and thin their numbers?

Otherwise i wouldn't risk a split in our forces because it's we who bring better rolls. And we are a bit hurt, it's better to wait a little more or to slow them.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 18, 2017, 09:17:35 pm »

Harry, stop pre-following me, it's getting creepy.
Great minds think alike? :3

971 AD, Autumn
[...]
"They're mining gemstones! Whole bags and small coffers of cut gemstones and gem trinkets leave their fortress annually! Our people found out after some bandits attacked one of their caravans, and amongst recovered loot was a whole load of chests of jewels with mark of their newest fortress. The court couldn't decide if the dwarves were simply making use of the area they're protecting or whether they made Lizardmen a pretext to open such profitable mines. Thus I was sent to seek your counsel, my lord."[...]
Goodness why aren't we like this with our mountains @_@
Maybe their technology enables them to tunnel...farther than that, into other areas; guessing that's it.

And this is what one day of dead internet gets--a full blown recap. :P

B
We've the good ground; we fight on our terms. They can mercenary up all their economy, but they won't even dare touch us when we're blockading quite much our whole border with the Luthian Alliance with our army.

And they can't even sneak around, so keep at this!
Their mercenaries can even break their own army if they can't afford it. Go, Duke Estwalf!

...Also we can probably try to use our siege engines to buff up our attack, like how Luathbas fell a century or more ago ._.
Still wondering how the Damdamians managed to get a bonus to SIEGE ENGINES...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:30:26 pm by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 18, 2017, 11:38:54 pm »

You decide to continue besieging Luathbas as is.

But after three days, you receive news - this new Army is moving towards you! They should be here within two days.

Your officers convene with you and two ideas take the lead amongst your staff: strenghtening of the camp or leaving for battle.

A) We can afford to entrench ourselves further and meet them under the walls of Luathbas.
B) We should leave part of the Army to continue the siege while other moves few hours east and prepares for battle.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 19, 2017, 12:15:33 am »

I say A.

This leaves us open to be flanked by the cities defenders, but I say bring it. I trust Duke Estwalf's warmaking skill to handle that situation if it arises. If the city tries anything and fails, we likely kill many of the defenders, and may even have an opportunity to get inside if we catch them opening the gate.

I also honestly don't expect the mercs to engage our much larger force head on unless they think they are getting support from the city itself. Its kinda hard to collect payment for a suicide mission...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 19, 2017, 01:19:17 am »

A) We can afford to entrench ourselves further and meet them under the walls of Luathbas.
B) We should leave part of the Army to continue the siege while other moves few hours east and prepares for battle.
[Voted A; snip. Changed due to observations below]

But..."under the walls of Luathbas". Aren't we besieging the capital right now?
This leaves us open to be flanked by the cities defenders, but I say bring it. I trust Duke Estwalf's warmaking skill to handle that situation if it arises. If the city tries anything and fails, we likely kill many of the defenders, and may even have an opportunity to get inside if we catch them opening the gate.
Let's pull a Damdamian battle.

Otherwise known as 'CHEATING IN WAR'. Yes, I'm still bitter. :P
But we've got siege engines to rain burning death anyway--best put them to use on something that won't be our future best-fortress in the South.

And probably our Summer retreat. :P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:08:17 am by Tiruin »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 19, 2017, 02:46:14 am »

What. No. Do not 'bring' us getting attacked from the rear whilst we are facing a force 3/4 the size of ours. That's a bad idea.
We should've done this to begin with, but we now really have to go with

B
Long Live United Forenia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 19, 2017, 02:47:50 am »

B! Let's go stab this lot, hopefully nothing will go wrong in the city while we get this done.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 19, 2017, 04:00:13 am »

What. No. Do not 'bring' us getting attacked from the rear whilst we are facing a force 3/4 the size of ours. That's a bad idea.
We should've done this to begin with, but we now really have to go with

B
3/4?
We got whittled down that ~2500 mercenary/nobleman forces means...we've got ~3300?

Goodness B

Also I just remembered many things about Luathbas thanks to a cue in browsing a long line of links on the internet. Really wondering about Haspen's RL references here. :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 19, 2017, 11:11:07 am »

About seven hundred remain in four camps around the city to keep watch on it, while you move your Army eastwards.

A day later, the two forces meet. Scouts report that Luthians are deploying in two flanks, separated by some wooded area in the centre. You order your Army to...

A) Form a long battleline and just march forward, crushing opposition equally!
B) Send most of troops to one flank to destroy it, while the other is preoccupied by smaller part of your forces.
C) Find a defensive position and form a defensive square.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 19, 2017, 11:15:48 am »

These guys are Pikemen, right? I don't think we want to charge into Pikes.

C Let them come to us.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:34 pm »

C

B is also an acceptable solution, but since they have no calvary, we can make a pincushion of their forces.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 19, 2017, 01:17:32 pm »

11/10 there are troops hidden in that wooded area. Getting ambushed sounds like a bad time.

C
Long Live United Forenia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 19, 2017, 02:09:07 pm »

C, they've got mostly infantry and that means we don't have much to fear from their charge.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 19, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »

You order your Army to form a defensive square and prepare to repel the attack.

The battle is soon joined as the horsemen officers, with some archers, are being seen leaving the forested area.

5*

From the very start, the battle progresses very well for you. The initial push of the two groups is easily coutnerted and then your men begin to push. You order the rear ranks to split and form on the frontern lines, on the flanks, attempting an engulfing formation.

6*

Within an hour, the Luthian mercenaries are fleeing! Only few of Luthian officers are seen fleeing on their horses, the rest has been killed along with almost half of the mercenary army.

You celebrate with your men this night, having beaten the Luthians again. Your senior officers however, have an idea on mind...

"My lord! We have vanquished many of Luthian forces and captured several cities and are besieging their largest and wealthiest one. Surely we should send an emissary to other Luthian cities and demand their peaceful turnover, lest they wish to bring themselves into worse ruin than they're already are?" Other officers nod and murmur in agreement - it's clear that they would, even if led into glory and victory by you, like to see this campaign concluded and go home.

Recent wars must've tired their spirits.

A) "Truly a splendid idea! Tomorrow, riders will be dispatched with messages to other cities' mayors."
B) "What manner of speech this is?! Be silent, and prepare for more conquering, lest I throw you into shackles!"
C) "No, not yet. We must land the Luthians a truly humilitating defeat - city of Luathbas must fall first!"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 174