Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112135 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Estwalf of Tven!
« Reply #1425 on: April 18, 2017, 11:42:08 am »

B

Death, while a possibility, must not frighten us.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 18, 2017, 11:53:37 am »

You charge your opponent!

6*

His horse rather easily continues galloping after your lance skewers the knight and sends him to the ground.

The battle, of course, continues - he was a minor man with big ego and definitely bigger confidence values.

5*

Your footsoldiers continue to press against the enemy forces till they break like a dam breaks under the constant pressure of water it tries to stop. But the Luthians do not surrender even if most of their mercenaries are now gone.

5*

Still, it only prolongs the battle and as the sun slowly moves past its zenith, the battle is resolved.

You have won against the Luthian Alliance's possibly biggest army so far!

By the next morning, your scouts nad horsemen return, bearing captives and boasts of their pursuits, plus reports from the countryside.

The remnants of Luthian forces have fled east and then north, finding safe haven in Luathbas. No one decided to fly and strengthen the garrison of the southern cities. As officers gather for a meal, you consider your options...

A) The best course of action would be to send some men to besiege Luathbas while the majority under your command goes 'diplomacize' the lesser cities into submission.
B) We should rest and recuperate while riders go south and north to ask for reinforcements and new recruits, respectively!
C) Such a big, victorious battle should be complimented by a big, victorious siege - to Luathbas!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:15:41 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 18, 2017, 11:58:18 am »

C

If we manage to trap the rest of their army there we may well break the back of their efforts.

How many are we at now, by the way? 2000 or so? What would be the split if we sent others to besiege the smaller cities?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:13:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 18, 2017, 12:15:12 pm »

You have about 2200-2500 because I'm feeling generous due to all those nice rolls :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 18, 2017, 12:22:56 pm »

I can see the argument for C. Besieging what is essentially their capital might convince them to surrender. Or at least negotiate.
I also like the idea of B, although the risk there is that we fail to get reinforcements and only give them time to regroup.
Eh, we have enough soldiers, right?

C
Long Live United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 18, 2017, 12:29:05 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 18, 2017, 12:33:54 pm »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 18, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »

You march forth and besiege Luathbas with the start of the next morning!

971 AD, Late Spring

The siege continues.

971 AD, Summer

You receive a message from Queen of Lametania; her forces have successfully beaten a small Luthian army and she had her forces lay sieges to two cities that once belonged to Lametania. She can't spare any soldiers to help you with your own battles, though.

Weeks pass, and the siege continues.

971 AD, Midsummer

A week past Midsummer point, trumpets are heard and a lone envoy, wearing white scarf, rides out of the gates. Your soldiers bring him to the front of your tent, where you await.

"Grand Duke of Tven, I'm here to negotiate with you."

A) "Fine, let us seat inside the tent."
B) "Negotiate? Only thing we can negotiate is surrender of Luathbas, nothing else. If your masters think they can bargain for something else, you may very well return behind the walls already!"
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 18, 2017, 01:00:14 pm »

A. we Can B in a Few updates.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 18, 2017, 01:06:29 pm »

Exactly what the Lametanians ought to have been doing, nice!

A, let's see what they've got.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 18, 2017, 01:08:20 pm »

A.

Now might be a good time to show mercy if possible. While it would be nice to crush these dolts into infirmity, we really don't want to own lands this close to the horde just yet.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 18, 2017, 01:14:51 pm »

Luathbas would be amazing to have in terms of a position to hunker down in and weather an incoming horde.

Besides, it benefits nobody to have the Luthians laying about. They're too fickle and fractious to make good allies or good stopgaps for a Khanate that's more than ready to roll over them a lot more easily than we possibly could. Best case scenario - we get the western lands, Lametania grabs the south and the rest get absorbed over time into Ceodwell, who we should be ready to form a coalition against in the interests of stopping an increasingly threatening bunch of horselords so that we can arrest their momentum and thus ensure that their rulership breaks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:17:30 pm by Harry Baldman »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 18, 2017, 01:35:12 pm »

A Surely if we can take back the old capital it will be our destiny to reunite the kingdom?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 18, 2017, 01:49:29 pm »

You have him brought to your tent.

You offer him him a seat-

2*

You feel a small blade strike you in the back! Then again! And again! You yell for guards as you try to grab your spear and punish the dishonorable dog yourself. He won't get away, you're sure of it even as you fall to the ground, bleeding from your pain-emitting lower body.

971 AD,

You wake up. You're in your tent, that's for sure. A man that you recognize as one of your healers is tending to your bandaged abdomen.

"Greetings, sire. It is utter relief to see your eyes open once again. The wounds have been deep, for such a small blade, but we had them cleaned and bandaged. You have slept for whole yesterday and today's morning also. You mustn't stand up yet. Your officers were furious to learn of the assassination attempt by a man wearing a Scarf of Truce. They had ordered catapults constructed and arrows wrapped in oil-soaked cloth. They prepare to rain hell and brimstone upon the dishonorable dogs of Luathbas."

A) "May the city burn forever."
B) "No burning, only siegeing."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:52:40 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 18, 2017, 01:54:59 pm »

MAke it rAin!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 174