Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112152 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Estwalf of Tven!
« Reply #1395 on: April 17, 2017, 11:38:45 am »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 17, 2017, 11:50:45 am »

The march continues southwards.

By the evening, your scouts bring in their reports; as many as 5000 Luthians have gathered, and its a true mish-mash of regiments; longbowmen, crossbowmen, pikemen, axe mercenaries, swordsmen, at least one unit of javelin skirmishers. Lots of foot soldiers, but only couple hundred of horsemen, most of them clad in light armor.

This grand collage of units is setting up a camp right south of your current position, so you decide to convene a council. Your officers draw up few ideas, and you decide to go with...

A) Cavalry attack in the late night, following by troop push by dawn.
B) Preparation for big battle in the morning - well-rested men are well-fighting men!
C) Push forward now, in a long line, and begin battle now.
D) Have the horsemen attack from one flank while the rest of your Army attacks through center.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 17, 2017, 12:02:53 pm »

By the evening, your scouts bring in their reports; as many as 5000 Luthians have gathered, and its a true mish-mash of regiments; longbowmen, crossbowmen, pikemen, axe mercenaries, swordsmen, at least one unit of javelin skirmishers. Lots of foot soldiers, but only couple hundred of horsemen, most of them clad in light armor.

How many forces do we have, again?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 17, 2017, 12:04:04 pm »

All things considered, I would place it at about 3000, much better trained, experienced and equipped than the Luthian bunch, but still, a low number ;v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 17, 2017, 12:05:33 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 17, 2017, 12:09:14 pm »

Does option D happen right away, or do we wait until morning to do so?

If not, we should probably go with letting our men rest- theirs have been sitting around, whereas ours have been marching, and just came off of a long siege and difficult battle. We need the rest more than they do, and with so little cavalry, they are unlikely to attack at night.

B
Long Live United Forenia!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 17, 2017, 12:17:52 pm »

Both C and D mean attack now ;v
SigFlags!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 17, 2017, 12:18:45 pm »

B
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 17, 2017, 12:26:22 pm »

We'll need  to be careful. Our men are well-trained and disciplined, but the enemy has many more men than us. But, they do not have the discipline and unity that our single unit is afforded. Now would be a good time to make preparations for the final battle. We'll need this to be decisive, so as to break the back of the Luthian Alliance. Once a single hole is made, their rag-tag troop will break.

B.

Not to mention, we still may wish to hold out for Tven's aid, should they wish to join us in the coming battle. Their Calvary could play a  pivotal role should they arrive from the flanks of the enemy army.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 17, 2017, 12:57:49 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 17, 2017, 03:16:09 pm »

You decide to rest and prepare for combat tomorrow.

You wake up, sitting in middle of battlefield. In your hand is Ancient Terror, it's shaft comfortably warm in touch.

Then you see a fresh corpse of a warrior, draped in bloodied banner of Kingdom of Dahnia. But the color doesn't match...

Trio of ravens are hopping about at its corpse, but when one tries to dip its beak to get tasty bits, the other two work together to scare him off. This continues for a while and then you hear lots of neighing.

Horses, galloping in the distance, behind some hills that surround the battlefield. Then you hear their riders, shouting collectively one word in ecstatic manner, but you can't quite make the word out.

Then you see that one of the ravens have left the other two who continue bickering over the corpse. This lone raven is staring at you, and then you notice that it's carrying a golden crown in its beak-

You are woken up.

The servants bring in morning meal and moments later scouts arrive. The Luthians have gotten their act together and are marching towards you in three large groups; melee soldiers in front with all the bow-and-crossbowmen behind, skirmishers between the three groups, the cavalry unit between center and left group. They will be upon the camp within minutes! You decide to quickly order...

A) Formation of protective ring around the camp.
B) Formation of standard battle lines, with cavalry at the rear for now.
C) Formation of a huge block that strikes the center as the cavalry falls upon one flank.
D) Tactical retreat to find a better battlefield, if possible.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:42:20 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 17, 2017, 03:19:21 pm »

C

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 17, 2017, 03:33:03 pm »

Horses, galloping in the distance, behind some hills that surround the battlefield. Then you hear their riders, shouting collectively one word in ecstatic manner, but you can't quite make the word out.

Damn khanate?

Dahnia with weird colors, future or past? If past we can discover.

We are close to the old luathbas city that would be pretty nice get it later, their old castle could have cool things to rediscover and maybe there is STILL someone who can teach the Gutba's siege enginering. And sitting in it's throne can get a HUGE simbolical power.

Or get a weird curse because of the name.

C They can't flank properly on the left because of our horsemen and if we crush the center we can strike fear on the flanks.

B
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:41:20 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 17, 2017, 03:39:36 pm »

If we only strike the center, our forces will be outflanked. I think battle lines, with cavalry in reserve, is the way to go. We can order the cavalry to charge whatever part of their formation seems weakest once battle is underway.

B
Long Live United Forenia!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 17, 2017, 03:45:51 pm »

If we only strike the center, our forces will be outflanked. I think battle lines, with cavalry in reserve, is the way to go. We can order the cavalry to charge whatever part of their formation seems weakest once battle is underway.

B

B is the worst option. We are outnumbered, and our previously disorganized foe is now organized. Clearly waiting was a mistake.

We can't just deploy standard lines and expect to win. I think we must try something desperate and clever at this juncture. Your argument against C is solid, so I'm going to say D. Run away to fight another day and a better way.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 174