Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112192 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Estwalf of Tven!
« Reply #1185 on: April 05, 2017, 03:21:41 pm »

You graciously accept the rewards and praise th-

"King Eón also have noticed that his father had been lenient with you and did not collect the lawfully required tribute in years 963 and 968, owing, presumably, to your loyalty. Be advised that King Eón will not allow tribute to be forgotten, so plan your expenses accordingly." The envoy bows and leaves.

969 AD, Mid-Autumn

Within just a month you get hundreds of Kiwi refugees and shocking news from all over the west border. The Kiwi were invaded by the Atulak Khanate, and in a battle that saw 10.000 Kiwis square off against double that number of Khanate riders, the Kiwi King was slain with over 90% of his troops. Numerous smaller skirmishes saw the Kingdom shrink rapidly before Queen-Regent Tavula sent a mighty tribute to the Khan in exchange for Kiwi's limited autonomy.

Meanwhile, the Khan's son, Thang, took the other part of the Khanates on a war trip south and crushed the Damdamians in four battles, named 'The Four Shames of the Republic' by contemporary historians. The Khanate carved away a huge swath of Damdamian land, including the Chean Province.

Few days later, while the court is still livid with rumors and contemplation of the future, a report is sent to you; the harvests this year were small, owing to low temperatures in the summer and autumn, and people go about hungry! City governors and village elders alike plead for support from you - or rather, you coffers.

A) Fine! We will support the hungry ones this year.
B) Nay! We have other things to take care of!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 05, 2017, 03:36:18 pm »

My heart bleeds for starving peasants! Quickly, rain food upon them!

A!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 05, 2017, 03:38:26 pm »

A
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 05, 2017, 03:40:51 pm »

A! You can't help but feel generous in the face of ancestral vindication like this.

On the other hand, we're probably next on the shitlist unless the mighty khan would be so kind as to just keep screwing over the Damdamians for their excellent grazelands.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 05, 2017, 03:42:35 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 05, 2017, 04:15:24 pm »

You decide to buy foodstuffs from abroads to feed your subjects.

Your envoys find few grain merchants who are willing to supply lots of wheat and barley to your people for some cheap coin. The peasants praise your name as the crisis is averted!

969 AD, Late Autumn

The promised loot for Eist campaign arrives at your palace! It is hastily added to the Treasury.

969 AD, Winter

The Duaz mines' manager reports that this year's revenues were sent to Luthians on schedule.

969 AD, Midwinter

The dwarves finished construction of 'Zonalath', their newest fortress that shall keep watch over the Rainbow Lizard mountains. They've claimed some of the rocklands and surrounding peaks as well, constructing several small outposts there. Few traders and travelers who visited their 'land' claim they saw little to none of mining activity.

969 AD, End of the Year

It's been a while since you could peruse Scrolls of Kingdom Status in your bed, huh?

Happiness: 4
Population: 6
Economy: 4
Army: 3

"The losses in the Army are obvious, my liege. What shall we do about it?"

A) "Nuthin!"
B) "Get me mercenaries!"
C) "Get me draftees!"
D) "Mercenaries and draftees is what we need!"

"Also, per your request, the royal scribes have managed to update the map of Duchy and the neighbouring lands, even with the recent changes added in."

SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 05, 2017, 04:22:26 pm »

heh heh, dem kiwi's had it coming.

C

Is the settlement project for the refugees still drawing coin?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 05, 2017, 04:27:07 pm »

D, I think we need to build up the military as much as humanly possible in case the Khanate makes a play for us.

(Also I just noticed that the Grand Duchy of Tven seems to be roughly equal in size to the Kingdom of Ceodwell. Not bad, I should think.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:30:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 05, 2017, 04:28:12 pm »

B

We have seen what mercs can do. It is the reason we need more troops to begin with. Perhaps we can further strengthen our bond with the dwarves by putting some in our army.

D, I think we need to build up the military as much as humanly possible in case the Khanate makes a play for us.

Yeah. This makes sense. D

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 05, 2017, 04:31:40 pm »

D

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 05, 2017, 04:34:05 pm »

D
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 05, 2017, 04:34:10 pm »

We might not be in extreme danger, however, given that there's quite a lot of mountains and several dwarfin states between ourselves and the ascendant Khanate. If they come toward us, they seem like they'd be coming through very defensible terrain.

Should probably look into a defensive pact of some kind with Ceodwell and the Luthians, this kind of extremely rapid expansion is what coalitions were meant to counter!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 05, 2017, 06:19:12 pm »

C
We're not in danger and we'll have our senior to help us if we WILL be in any, anyway. The lack of 'loyalty cut tax' is reasonable, because it's repairing the bigger kingdom. We can expect aid due to our good services.

And we need that money for MANY MORE OTHER THINGS. :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 05, 2017, 11:47:08 pm »

You decide to get both draftees and mercenaries into your Army.

Plenty of them both fill its ranks!

970 AD, Spring

There is a report from the overseers of the settlement project; the last of the villages has been constructed in the east, and the project is now complete. Many refugees found new home in the houses built by your people.

970 AD, Mid-Spring

Terrible weather has flooded the farmlands!

The people bemoan the lost seeds because after the bad harvest last year, there has been little left they could plant; now the seeds were washed away and nascent crops rot after days in the standing water. At least several southern regions are affected by this, and they ask for help.

A) Clearly, we will have to procure them seeds and foodstuffs from abroad!
B) Clearly, something's affecting the weather in bad way. We should search for a mighty Wizard!
C) Clearly, there is nothing that can be done about this.
D) Clearly, we should seek Hurthlings to come help us with their skills, now that we have some access to their land.
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 05, 2017, 11:50:13 pm »

Let's see...Ongoing projects or otherwise affecting our economy now have all those 'draining over time' fulfilled. We just need to pay the KING for the next FIVE (or so?) years. And the Kiwi's 'pay us back' in 2 years, which I think ends this year or the next where we gain 1 economy after lending 1 away.

The people bemoan the lost seeds because after the bad harvest last year, there has been little left they could plant; now the seeds were washed away and nascent crops rot after days in the standing water. At least several southern regions are affected by this, and they ask for help.
oooh ._. due to living in an agricultural country, this hits my feelings in deep sympathy.
But I wonder if there would be flood-resistant crops somewhere there?

...Hurthlings you say?!

D
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 174