Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 54457 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: (A)wakening East (click to show/hide)

Dat feeling when your horse does more damage to your target in a single counterattack than you've done to that target over the course of several turns of trying to kill him tho.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Whoops, West (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
So many broken bones
« Reply #497 on: June 12, 2017, 09:17:54 am »

TEAM EAST

[Speed:5]

Can you get a one-armed man off you?

[Str:4]

Easily.  Now to end him.

[Dex:1+1[Called shot]-1[/abbr]]

This he dodges easily.  Crap.

Larry runs up to you, casts a spell, then grimaces.  Uh... okay.

[Dex:4+1]

Larry tries and fails to reestablish his grapple.

Spoiler: Eastern Sadness (click to show/hide)

You quickly realize that casting is rather impossible without a mouth. Something about the magic must need to focus through it?  You briefly wonder how you can even breathe, but you quickly remember the words of advice you were given before you came here:

"Don't second guess magic." Null says

((Hint: the respawn area both heals and removes transformations.  You'd have to take the time to go there and back, of course.))

You fly around in a circle until you see the hippo: he's still near the middle of the bridge.

He's bleeding quite a bit.  Making a mess, really.

[Speed:4-1]

Enki, despite his horrible wounds, hop-charges you.

[Dex:5]

It's easy to dodge a hop-charge.  You fire back with your spell.

[Pot:6+2]

You conjure a massive fireball that relieves you of eyebrows.  It somehow manages to not kill Enki, though he's clearly medium-well now.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1]

Wow, that was a huge fireball!  He's still not dead though!  Can you fix that?

[Dex:4+2]
[Str:2+2]

No, but you get his arm off.  He'll be dead soon.

[Speed:5]

[Will:5-1-1]

You try to encourage your horse to kick Mr. Smith again.  The horse seems reluctant, but must see that Mr. Smith already tried to attack him one.

[Horse Dex:5]
[Horse Str:5]

Ahhh, the sweet sound of arm bones cracking.  You briefly wonder what your purpose is here; the horse is doing all the work.

TEAM WEST

You tuck the tiny weapon away somewhere convenient.  No, not there, pervert.

[Pot:1]

The magic kind of sputters and flits out.  Man, you're no good at this.

You make it to the edge of of the "bridge" to the North Point.  There's a small wall here, but you could jump from the top easily.  You can see the fight going poorly for your teammate.

Spoiler: Western Retaliation (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1+1]

[Str:4-1-2]

Derm disrupts your planning by easily breaking your grapple.

[Dex:5]

His follow up mace strike is easily dodged, but the sudden move hurts like hell.  Your plan affected, now what?  Reestablish grapple?

[Dex:6-1-2]

No go.

Spoiler: West is legging it (click to show/hide)

[Speed:5+1]

Can magic save the day?

[Pot:5+1]

The magic attempts to target your missing leg and fizzles.  Oh well, so much for that plan.  Well, Poe is about to attack you; you go after him.

[Dex:4+1-2]

He sidesteps you easily, and in return gives you a massive fireball.

[End:5]

It's a wonder this didn't barbecue you; as it is you're now covered in painful burns.  You don't think you're much longer for this world, though Person seems intent on fixing that.

[Dex:4+1-1-2]
[End:6-1]  //Random.org is screwing with everyone; it keeps you alive then I rolled "Left Leg" as a target four times in a row.

He chops off your right arm.  Your blood loss is becoming fatal.

Spoiler: A West Side Story (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3+1]

What can you do about this jerk?

[Pot:1]

You give yourself some heartburn.  Ugh.

Spoiler: Whoops, West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4-1]

Greg gets the horse to go in for a stomp this time.

[Dex:1]
[End:2]

The horse stomps down directly on your left arm; the loud crack is quickly drowned out by the rush of pain.  You jump up, howling, but are in too much pain from your now multiple fractures to try your plan right now.

Oh sure, now there goes an arm!

He's half the man he used to be!

Yes, yes, so he is.  Many mangled limbs this round!

At this rate, Team East is about to clinch victory if West doesn't do something fast!

Quote from: Team East, 10 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - West Steel Pits (Steel Aura, 4/6 Pool) [Huge Steel Lance] [+1] {Light burns on head, Burns on chest, Light burns on left leg}
Person: Person - North Capture Point (2/2 Pool) [Steel Poleaxe] [+1]  ODCD:2
Derm: Derm - West Capture Point (5/5 Pool) [Steel Mace, Leather Gloves, Steel Barrier Shield] [+1]  ODCD:2
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (Is Golden Wings, 3 Pool) {Chest bandaged}[+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {Chest heavily burned, Left arm burned, Face bleeding}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 3/4 Pool) {Right arm bleeding, Broken Ribs, Left arm broken} [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (3/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves] {Left leg severed, [Unusuable!]Right arm severed[/abbr], Covered in burns, Bleeding out: 3 turns}
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Capture Point (1/5 Pool)
Flabort: Johnny - West Steel Pits (5 Pool) [Tiny Deathtouched Glove, Tiny Deathtouched Polearm]
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Capture Point (3/4 Pool) {Light burns on head, Light burns on chest, Broken Rib, Left arm repeatedly broken}

Quote from: Control Point Status
North: Neutral
East: East
South: East
West: East

Reminder; the game is until 15 points.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:22:25 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

"Sky Emperor save me!"

Spoiler: Death Scream of West (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

You forgot to give me another pool point.
Spoiler: Agonized West (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Western Distraction (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Even more attacking (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

((My pool did not increase. Is there a reason for that, or can I cast as if there were 3?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Several updates to status block; I mostly forgot to check it.  People who have posted should probably double check.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Deprivation (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

How is the next game gonna work, Toaster? Will it be any different? You could put only a single point on the next map. Maybe make 3 or 4 teams, instead of 2. Will the word list be rearranged or otherwise altered?...and so on.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Spoiler: SouthWest Airlines (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Need ATHATHATHATHATHATH and Coolrune.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about my absence.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35