Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 54547 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Call of the Wild West (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Academy of the East (click to show/hide)

Edit: Changed it. Ah well.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:44:16 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:24:02 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West! (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Aptitude (click to show/hide)

Question: Is it possible to "undue" capturing your own point, in a way of making it neutralized?, in an effort to pointlessly extend the game.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:10:11 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do not.

Also, Person, please read my respond spoiler.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:12:19 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Will try to get to this soon.  Might be tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Changed my action.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Question: Is it possible to "undue" capturing your own point, in a way of making it neutralized?, in an effort to pointlessly extend the game.

No.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more
« Reply #444 on: May 23, 2017, 10:50:14 am »

TEAM EAST

You duck behind your shield and choose to weather his onslaught first.  The boom and the thunks as your shield is pelted with chunks tell you this was a good idea.  Ducking back out, you rip off a spell.

[Pot:2+2]

You let loose another sonic screech; the way he curls up tells you you had success.  It's only logical that you follow up with a mace strike.

[Dex:5+1]
[Str:5]

You slam him with a body blow; the pleasing crack tells you you've broken at least one rib.

[Speed:5-1]

You cast just as he does.

[Pot:2+2]

You certainly do burn him, at least.  That said, he made himself a friend.

Spoiler: WAAAAAAAAAAGHing East (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4]

You run him down before he can move.

[Dex:4]
[Str:3-1+1

He tries to dodge, but to no avail.  You clip his arm again; pretty sure you drew blood that time.

Edit: Changed it. Ah well.

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

Let's try again on weaponry.

[Pot:2]

What a cute little halberd!  Leaving the toy behind, you advance... well, you could actually go north or south from here.  Where did you want to go? **

Spoiler: Eastern Aptitude (click to show/hide)

You sneak some magic into the quiet moment.

[Pot:5+2]

It's hard to describe a hippo as majestic, but this one is doing its best.  A massive winged hippo with golden skin comes into being in front of you.  It snuffles and looks around a bit; the look it gives you makes it clear taming it without the right tools (or magic) is out.  Shrugging, you instead try to put pressure on your bleeding wounds. You rip off your already torn shirt and try to fashion it into a bandage; you end up having to use your pants as well.  You're glad you put on clean undies this morning.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West rebuttal (click to show/hide)

Derm quickly ducks behind his rather massive shield, but you're ready to cast anyway.

[Pot:6]

A massive wolf of what appears to be relatively cool magma appears right in front of your face... then detonates.

[End:4]

Thankfully the magma isn't extremely hot, but you still end up flat on your back with burns on your face and chest.

[End:2]

Derm doesn't help by screaming at you, leaving you distracted with painful ringing ears.  {-1 non-end rolls until end of next turn}

[Dex:3+1-1]
[End:6]

A nasty crack sings a song of broken ribs to you.  You grin crazily and ignore the extra pain as you leap to your feet.

Spoiler: West Vengence Spirit (click to show/hide)

(Leaving the spawn room to the main island is considered a move, so you're still in the base part)

You pop over to the map and open up with magic.

[Pot:5+1]

Your right arm flows with magical runes, which settle in.  Nodding, you fire another.

[Pot:3+1]

A magical sparkle covers your whole body, then settles in, waiting.

Spoiler: Spaghetti Westerns (click to show/hide)

You make it to the west point in time to see Derm deliver a nasty hit to Jefro.  He'll pay for that.

Spoiler: Call of the Wild West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4+1-1]

You fire off a spell just as Poe does.

[Pot:3+1+1-1]

Seemingly boosted by your gear, a rather large jackal appears.  It's bigger than any jackal you've seen, but it looks oddly thin and weak.  It also looks rather feral and natural; how a jackal looks more feral you're not sure, but it certainly pulls it off.  You can't focus on that just yet, since you're dodging the fireball he put out.

[Dex:3-1]
[End:1]

Well, not really.  You're actually burned quite badly on your left leg; the pain distracts you from following up.

The grey fog on your shoulder suddenly comes back and pops.  A chunk of steel pops into being and clangs onto the ground.   Okay?

Spoiler: West! (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3-1]

He's on you before you can reposition.

[Dex:4]
[End:5+2]

He clips you again; this time it leaves a mark.

Oooh, that had to have hurt!

It's always good to see ribs cracking in the morning!

Yes, and when we can have a dose of people hurting themselves, it's a good day!

Quote from: Team East, 4 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - West Steel Pits (Steel Aura, 1/6 Pool) [Huge Steel Lance] [+1]
Person: Person - South Capture Point (2 Pool) [Steel Poleaxe] [+1]
Derm: Derm - West Capture Point (4/5 Pool) [Steel Mace, Leather Gloves, Steel Barrier Shield] [+1]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 3 Pool) {Chest bandaged}[+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {Chest heavily burned, Left arm burned, Face bleeding}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 3/4 Pool) {Right arm bleeding} [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (1/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves] {Left leg burned}
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Capture Point (5 Pool)
Flabort: Johnny - West Home Base (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Capture Point (1/4 Pool) {Light burns on head, Light burns on chest, Broken Rib}

Quote from: Control Point Status
North: Neutral
East: East
South: East
West: East

I'm changing the generic "distracting pain" penalty to -1 non-end rolls.

** Note for everyone:  Where the bridges connect in the middle, that point is considered adjacent to both sections.  That means moving off the bridge to either north or south is considered one move.

Map grid for reference  Is that clear?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:38:32 pm by Toaster »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

"Oh you motherfucker!"

Spoiler: Western Druid (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Forgot to update title (and flavor); East is now up by 4.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forgot to update title (and flavor); East is now up by 4.

There's also the scores in the team status section.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Annoyed West (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35