Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 54699 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 3 [Onset of Violence]
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2017, 10:20:27 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2017, 12:26:11 am »

I'm in right place but not sure where everyone else is.

Spoiler: West Wind (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:29:33 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2017, 04:09:27 am »

Spoiler: Point of the East (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2017, 05:26:40 am »

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2017, 06:42:22 am »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2017, 12:27:10 pm »

Spoiler: West Supreme! (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2017, 10:33:12 pm »

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2017, 03:42:56 pm »

Just waiting on two.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2017, 03:49:35 pm »

...goddamnit.

Spoiler: West Wing (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Whisperling is up for replacement, if anyone is interested in joining Team West.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I come, having traveled to lands unknown, after my long travels away from Bay12, called by the sound of [REPLACEMENTS]. I can take over Johnny.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:07:27 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Flabort has replaced Whisperling.

TEAM EAST

Spoiler: Time to get serious! (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4]

Bastien makes the magic happen.

[Pot:4+2-1]

The magic resists happening somewhat, though.  Despite this, he creates an iron-skinned hippo with streaks of that energetic halo.  It doesn't look interested in the proceedings, as two members of team West come in and knock over Sir Lootington.  Oh dear.

Derm runs out onto the bridge without a point.  As he runs along it, he feels mildly disoriented; how DOES it do what it does?  Magic is strange.

Spoiler: Point of the East (click to show/hide)

Sir Lootington focuses on capturing the point.  He focuses a little too hard, because he almost doesn't notice Jefro bearing down on him.  He gets hit on the leg and goes down hard.  Larry interposes himself between Lootington and the capture point.

Here's the thing: there's not really any sturdy position on the bridge, since nothing about the bridge with the north point is sturdy.  The best you can do is all the way where the "bridge" begins.

[Pot:4+2]

An obsidian wall springs up, neatly blocking off easy access to the bridge.  From on top (it's about six feet high) one could easily jump across, but getting off the bridge to the top of the wall will be extremely difficult.  As far as the next farther option?  The only conceivable place would be on the point platform itself.  So you try that.

[Pot:3+2]

A wall of that odd purple metal pops up on the northwest side of the platform.  It's not going to completely block movement, but it's going to make it hard.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

Greg goes for the capture.  With no one disrupting him, he is able to do so easily.

*NORTH POINT NOW CONTROLLED BY EAST TEAM*

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West Wind (click to show/hide)

[Pot:3+1]

Enki waves his hands for magic, and a pair of gloves of what appears to be woven moss appear.  Nodding, he slips them on- soft yet usable.

[Pot:2+1]

This gets some sort of shimmering image.  Uh... wider at the bottom, narrow at the top?

He grabs his dagger and heads toward the forming scrum on the bridges.

...goddamnit.

Spoiler: West Wing (click to show/hide)

[Jefro Speed:3+1]
[Larry Speed:3+1]

Jefro and Larry charge across the bridge, intercepting Sir Lootington before he can capture the point.  Jefro, in particular, cracks his odd whip.

[Jefro Dex:4+1]
[Lootington Dex:3+1]

[Jefro Str:6-1]
[Lootington End:4-1]

Jefro smashes the whip into Lootington's right leg, shattering the whip into thousands of pieces and knocking Lootington to the ground.

Larry moves to guard the point itself.

Spoiler: West Supreme! (click to show/hide)

The wolf ignores you.

[Pot:2+1]

A puppy!  A puppy that appears to be formed out of clouds of... plants?  And the clouds are shaped like pyramids; he has a pyramid head on a pyramid body, with little pyramid ears and pyramid legs.  He even has a little pyramid tail wagging at you, with little... pollen? Spores? Bits floating off in tiny clouds.

It's the weirdest thing you've ever seen, and you're standing next to a golden chainwolf.

I come, having traveled to lands unknown, after my long travels away from Bay12, called by the sound of [REPLACEMENTS]. I can take over Johnny.

((Obviously, you are in.  Like Person, you can have a full respec when you die.))

Johnny shimmers and subtlety changes. 

[Pot:2+2-1]

Despite the spell not liking itself, magical runes try to force themselves onto your right arm.  They lack the power to force back the existing runes.

You give the fight on the southern bridge the stinkeye.

Violence!  Oh yes!  That looked like it hurt!

A fight of pairs!  Will we see our first death here?

Oh, I dearly hope so!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - North Capture Point (Ethereal-Steel Aura [1 turn], 6 Pool) [Ethereal half-cape, Deathtouched guisarme, Rubber wallboots]
Person: Sir Lootington - South Capture Point (5/5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - Non-Euclidean Bridge  (5 Pool) [Leather Gloves]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Rocky Field, North (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - West Crystal Field (3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - South Capture Point (5/5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - West Steel Pits (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - South Capture Point (2/4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 4 [Two Pair]
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2017, 10:35:53 pm »

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2017, 10:47:17 pm »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2017, 10:56:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35