Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Forum Runner 2: The, Y'know, the Second One  (Read 2614 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Runner 2: The, Y'know, the Second One
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 06:42:47 pm »

Just gonna put this out here for S43N1C.

Just so you know, if you do this run imma have to keep you out of the 2nd mission in Adventure!, though you can still participate in and finish the first mission.

Just throwing that out there.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »

I'd like in.
color=transparent]I'd like to nominate myself, and I'd like to accept my nomination from my only friend: myself.[/color]
Can't be talking about me, I got nominated by someone.

Err... since this is tehnically roseheart's game, I'm obliged to wait for either someone to nominate you or for someone to nominate somebody else and for them to accept. If neither of those happen within four days, I'll be pleased to start the festivities.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 10:41:11 pm »

Just gonna put this out here for S43N1C.

Just so you know, if you do this run imma have to keep you out of the 2nd mission in Adventure!, though you can still participate in and finish the first mission.

Just throwing that out there.
Noted
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 10:46:29 pm »

Just posting so that, when everything starts, I can be immediately notified. I am the first host and I may not get to PMs at the exact moment I need to, so...
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 03:07:58 am »

I nominate crazyabe so that his entering the tournament is valid.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 03:36:01 am »

I nominate crazyabe so that his entering the tournament is valid.

:)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 04:20:50 am »

I'd like in.
color=transparent]I'd like to nominate myself, and I'd like to accept my nomination from my only friend: myself.[/color]
Can't be talking about me, I got nominated by someone.

Err... since this is tehnically roseheart's game, I'm obliged to wait for either someone to nominate you or for someone to nominate somebody else and for them to accept. If neither of those happen within four days, I'll be pleased to start the festivities.

I don't predict any further complaints. That's not true! This is now your game. Or Bay 12's game if I may be so bold.

2022 Edit: Trial 1 Opening for ease of reference:

((New turn will come soon. In the meantime...))

Forum Runners 2: Part One
Round 0: Contestants of Contempt
The Hiztrata Conduit, The Void
Dark, Cloudy, 7/23/2016

As a Rift opens up in the Void, it's deep purple color bearing down demented light into the eyes of the contestants, two figures pop out and into the snow and dark ash covering the landscape. Both Zombies, one with blue eyes and one with green eyes, with digital nametag bracelets attached to their wrists, the now undead S34N1C and CrazyAbe stand up to see the new realm. A deep blue sky covers a snow covered forest, with a large purple Rift in space-time floating through the air, with screams emerging from it. Coming up from behind, the two turn to see another Zombie, his eyes red with half his body turned into cybernetics. Fire courses and burns through his body, as his jaw moves to create speech, his voice raspy and choked. "Thought the Chronomancers said something about you. I'm Pyrotech, Voidric Lord of Undead Fire. According to them, and that Realm Hopper who gave me your instructions, you are tasked with liberating some souls from the Maw up there. I was also told to warn you to be careful. Void's not a nice place, and it's especially not a nice time for a Kurse.". Walking off with fire under his feet, they look up with narrowed eyes and clenched fists as a voice rings out...

"CONTESTANTS...ACT NOW!"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 07:13:57 am by RoseHeart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 07:01:43 pm »

Very well! Since both contestants have both a nomination and a font color, I declare the beginning of Forum Runner 2! To start us off, I'd like to provide a description for what you'll be doing in Greatness942's forum game, written by him.

Quote from: Greatness942

Challenge Idea: Both players, the poor saps, are both a variant of undead (to be decided when the games begin, though I have an eye on basic Zombie), tasked with freeing souls from a mutated Rift in time and space, known as the Maw. Whoever saves the most souls while avoiding the Void's natural creatures, including the parasites known as the Androzi, Vampires, Ghosts, and Corrupted Humans, wins.

Trial one has begun! Please go over to the game thread and inform the first host that you are ready.

Best of luck to both of you!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 09:06:59 am »

New details from host DolosusDoleus

Adventure! is pretty much dead at this point, so I'm going to take the setting of the planned second mission, said bank heist, and jerry-rig it onto another forum game. Anywho,

The first Sillian bank is thought to be the most secure secure banking establishment in the whole of the Adventure!verse whatever-I'm-going-to-name-the-new-game-verse. Guarded by intricate clockwork machines that put the island of Sills Atoll roughly at the technological level of the 1920s in a largely medieval setting, the players will have to break into it's central vault, steal everything inside, and escape without dying.

It is your job, forum runners, to help me design all the obstacles the players will face. Over the next two weeks, each one of you will create 5 major components of the First Sillian Bank, and I will use the best submission for each category in the mission itself. Whoever designs at least 3 out of these five implemented items, wins!

I will be PMing you the first component, and your allotted time to complete it, along with some extra information I don't want to risk the players learning about shortly.

This recording will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

END

The actual goal of the game is unchanged.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 09:34:36 am »

This recording will self-destruct in 30 seconds.
Imagine if ArethaRethi-Eli edited the quote out of his post 30 seconds later.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:45:26 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 01:44:41 pm »

Imagine if Aretha edited the quote out of his post 30 seconds later.

Imagine if Aretha edited the quote

Imagine if Aretha

Aretha

For some reason I just love ripping on your spelling
Autocorrect is a fickle mistress that always finds creative new ways to respell posts.

Fix'd.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 10:54:35 pm »

S34N1C wins by default!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 11:01:13 pm »

S34N1C wins by default!

Ok, sure.

We still don't have a third host, and Greatness942 isn't responding.

I declare this a failed project, and shall commence burning it from the annals of Bay12 history.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 11:11:32 pm »

...OH FU-

SN341C won ages ago! I forgot to put it in the thread, I'm so sorry.

Do not declare this failed just yet.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:15:24 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.
Pages: 1 [2] 3