Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lost Islands [RP] (IC)  (Read 2256 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Islands [RP] (IC)
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 03:13:17 pm »

"I'm Robert. Nice to meet you all." Robert introduces himself, then ponders for a bit.

"We could get a fire going if we can find some dead branches. I read about it once. The friction from rubbing them together could generate enough heat to catch fire, but it'd be easier if we had some flint."

((5 Intelligence would be enough to know how to make a fire, right?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 03:15:12 pm »

"I'm Robert. Nice to meet you all." Robert introduces himself, then ponders for a bit.

"We could get a fire going if we can find some dead branches. I read about it once. The friction from rubbing them together could generate enough heat to catch fire, but it'd be easier if we had some flint."

((5 Intelligence would be enough to know how to make a fire, right?))
((Yup, 3 is the minimum here.))

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »

"Fine then if were going to build a fire we might as well look for something at least edible and materials to make hanging beds, don't know what monsters could be lying on the ground floor."

Noa taps hers forehead as she spoke trying to think about specific materials.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 03:33:22 pm by flazeo25 »

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 03:26:14 pm »

"And depending on what kind of rocks are in this soil, flint would be easy to find in the dirt. That is, if this place were at is still on Earth. I mean there are elves and an orc here... I doubt this land more and more..."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 03:32:16 pm »

"I could find kindling."
Black lives matter.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 03:36:04 pm »

(( Once you guys take your actions, i'll work on the next major update, this will be longer, but wont be too hard. ))

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 03:36:58 pm »

"Hey orb, since you say you can guide do you happen to know anything of the lands around here?"

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 03:46:19 pm »

"Hopefully it'll know something useful like a source of water. Or a direction to that shore I keep hearing waves crash onto."

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 03:47:15 pm »

"I can only say this: You are on a Lost Island. There are many of them. And that i am not allowed to reveal much more than this about the world. You are in the center of the island."

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 03:53:03 pm »

"Well fine then! You and me, Orb are going to go find that damn shoreline!" Duncan says as he goes toward the sound of the shoreline, annoying orb in hand.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 03:59:44 pm »

"You didn't have elves and orcs where you come from, Duncan? The orcs I've met were fierce fighters, and the elves had a knack for living off the bounty of nature. If they are anything like the ones I knew, we may live long enough to escape this place yet. Also, if the water around this place is salty, it will not be drinkable. Perhaps finding a fresh water source would be better."

Robert turns to Noa. "I can help build the beds. And if we get the right tools to harvest lumber, I think I could build a shelter for us without needing any nails or things to hold it together. Though maybe some vines to bind it together would be good, just incase."

He then turns again to address the group as a whole. "I will run some tests, to determine the qualities of this place. Please do not disturb me unless it is important."

Robert runs some tests, occasionally muttering to himself. He checks for the existence of normal gravity, notes the wind currents, temperature, position of the sun, and other physical signs of the environment. When night falls, he charts the positions of the stars by drawing in the dirt. He also keeps track of anything out of the ordinary, like unexplained phenomena, and makes sure not to stray far from the group.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:36:06 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »

Noa turns to Robert and says "Alright I'll leave the making of the shelter up to you I guess, i'll go look for small rocks, vines and sticks to make basic hatchets or harpoons if possible."

Search for materials to build and construct hatchets and harpoons.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:14:25 pm by flazeo25 »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 08:11:12 pm »

((Apologies for my tardiness))

Galrig wakes up near the others, and wordlessly listens to their exchange with the orb.

"My name is Galrig. I'll get some materials for our fire."

Galrig goes a ways inland and gathers some fallen branches. After gathering a decent about, he puts them in a pile and begins gathering any rocks nearby, only the ones that are larger than, say, a can of soda. After both have been gathered, he sets to making a fire pit, lining it with the rocks.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 08:38:17 pm »

Larok grunts in minor disappointmnet. Silently making his way nearer to the forest, he scouts around the perimeter and a short ways inside for any medicinal plants, specifically ones that invigorate the mind or body.
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 10:53:19 am »

Scylla only really wakes up around now, although to give her credit she's certainly alert, springing to her feet.
"Huwha? What? Who?"
thincake
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4