Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how much UBSTEP number need to cover facial ? (fixed)  (Read 403 times)

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
how much UBSTEP number need to cover facial ? (fixed)
« on: February 28, 2017, 04:02:53 am »

just found out that helmet doesnt protect face but armor do.
but in the wiki it never state what number should be put to be able to cover the full face.
new problem its not protect horn and eye tooth after testing, even after i put [UBSTEP:MAX].
i guess its in the part of helmet protection but i already put [COVERAGE:100] from the start should i increase the number ?

fixed:
the reason i guess is the attacker creature is to strong after i try with weaker creature as attacker it indeed protect the tooth and horn
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:19:01 am by Hiul »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how much UBSTEP number need to cover facial ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:48:42 pm »

No, teeth are protected by the upper-body armor. Putting [UBSTEP:MAX] on upper-body armor does cause it to protect the teeth etc.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:45:32 pm »

yeah for normal teeth it get protected, but after i test on arena eye tooth is not protected three time testing give me the same result no mention of pass through armor or helmet the same with horn.
i play my modified humanoid dragon creature with mostly eye tooth or ppl usually call it canine as teeth and that body part is pretty much copy paste from the original dragon.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 11:02:07 pm »

I think you have an error in your body plan or armor or something.  I just arena-tested it also: both eye teeth and horns are protected by UBSTEP:MAX armor.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 12:27:01 am »

really? gonna check it then, but my armor is pretty much vanilla equipment only i change breastplate with UBSTEP:MAX and helmet with COVERAGE:100.
maybe its in the body part since i try testing using dwarf too and most of the teeth also sails off in an arc especially the back teeth