Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: (ISG) The Amazing Abyss !  (Read 2763 times)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
(ISG) The Amazing Abyss !
« on: February 27, 2017, 07:45:53 pm »

You're a lone soul, floating in the void. You feel a little cold. Suddenly, you feel a nondescript presence drawing near...

?? : Why hello there, and welcome to the Amazing Abyss, little soul ! Soon, you'll enter a world of wonders beyond your wildest fantasies, and dangers beyond your most outlandish nightmares ! Doesn't that sound exciting ? Hoo-hoo ! But before you can embark on your quest, you must take on a more... corporeal shape. Don't worry, I'll help you this time around ! Just tell me about your Identity, your Heritage, and your Purpose. I know that sounds a little cryptic, but I'm sure you'll figure it out, Hoo !

Spoiler: Author Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stat XP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Modifieirs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:06:28 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Amazing Abyss
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:48:35 pm »

Identity: Blue Slime.
Heritage: DungeonBorn - Your family of slimes was viciously murdered by adventurers, you arose from the dungeon when you came of age.
Purpose: Power and Revenge - You seek revenge for your family, and want the adventurers that killed your parents to be slain. You wish to become a slime of great power one day.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:11:57 pm by Puppyguard »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 07:55:55 pm »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:06:38 pm »

Identity: Master of Masks, Koeve Grigous.
Heritage: Generations of human mask-makers on his father's side, and a few generations of enchanters on his mother's.
Purpose: Travel the world, and use the fruits of those experiences to find, enchant, and make all sorts of magical masks, whose powers range from small passive effects to minor elemental control to temporary transformation.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 09:05:21 pm »

Identity: Blood Elemental
Heritage: Chaos Spawn, formed from the synthesis/combination of raw elements of the natural energies and a opening to the influence to the chaos realm, probably from a war ridden landscape, to form a sentient creation that is purely composed of blood
Purpose: Malevolence and Pure Hatred, fueled by unknown eternal conflict within your own self being, you have envy and jealousy to destroy any organic being.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:07:30 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 09:45:45 am »

(ROLL: 2)

Identity: Master of Masks, Koeve Grigous.
Heritage: Generations of human mask-makers on his father's side, and a few generations of enchanters on his mother's.
Purpose: Travel the world, and use the fruits of those experiences to find, enchant, and make all sorts of magical masks, whose powers range from small passive effects to minor elemental control to temporary transformation.

So you are Koeve Grigous the Traveller, a human Mask Master ? Very well. I have finished creating your body. You may advance to the Amazing Abyss ! I'm sure we'll meet again soon, Hoo !

You have gained the following :
[+SKILL : Multilingual : You speak and understand most languages of the multiverse.]
[+SKILL : Path of the traveller : Each room discovered gives you +1 Max HP stat XP.]
[+SKILL : Mask mastery (RANK 1) : Wearing a mask gives you an additional skill according to the mask.]
[+ITEM : Tiger mask : A mask representing a fierce feline.]

You find yourself in the first room of the Amazing Abyss. There seems to be nothing of interest in this room, except the four doors (one on each wall). Wait, there's no flooring ? What kind of a third-class dungeon is this ? You knew you should have picked the Labyrinthian Landscape...

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 09:52:26 am »

(does this room count as being discovered?)

Put on mask, head north.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 09:58:00 am »

...That character looks suspicously like the starting one from The Warrens Of Oric The Awesome...
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 10:02:58 am »

....PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 10:40:49 am »

The first character being all white with no distinguishable features is a common trope in dungeon suggestion games ^^
The warrens of Oric the awesome was not the first one to have this !

Besides, he'll look quite different with a mask on :p

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 10:45:39 am »

Notice the nearby medieval fantasy walled market town, and go sell masks.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 10:48:17 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 10:52:23 am »

WAIT. What's that red thing in the top right? Investigate, pick up.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 02:11:49 pm »

(does this room count as being discovered?)

Put on mask, head north.

(Nope, you just spawned in there, come on man :p)

You equip the [Tiger Mask].
You gain the following :
[+SKILL : Tiger's claws : Bare-handed physical attacks deal 1 additional damage.]
Thanks to your [Mask Mastery (Rank 1)], you gain an additional skill :
[+SKILL : Swift Swipes : 3d3, Physical, Earth element. Cost : 2 MP, Cooldown : 2 Turns.]
You're about to head north, when suddenly...

WAIT. What's that red thing in the top right? Investigate, pick up.

...a red shiny thing catches your eye. Could it be a ruby ? Oh boy, you're gonna be rich ! You hurry to pick it up, (ROLL: 6) but after further examination, it looks like it's just a piece of red shiny trash. Bummer.
You gain the following :
[+ITEM : Red bauble : Just a red piece of plastic.]

You head north and enter a new room (+1 Max HP Stat XP !). This room only has one door north (except the south door from which you just entered), but it seems like this... dog person? is guarding it. As it sees you enter the room, it begins waddling it's tail. You think a puddle of drool is beginning to form at it's feet...
What will you do now ?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:22:32 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 02:42:38 pm »

Go back and head east.

Pages: [1] 2 3