Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: is there a way to create creature but never generated in the world ?  (Read 538 times)

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

because i want to create creature that exist, something like ghost to help in my creature transformation and resurrection, but i dont want it to show up in the world at all like normal creature.
 giving token like [DOES_NOT_EXIST] make it unable to transform to the creature i want.
will giving this token [POPULATION_NUMBER:0:0] make it never generate at all ? or does anyone have better solution ?
its better if theres a way to transform creature into their ghost version though if it possible (hope it work in instantly heal the creature), so i dont need to create different creature.

my transform creature is just generic so i dont think its need to be show though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: is there a way to create creature but never generated in the world ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:27:18 am »

Just don't give it any biomes. Nowhere to exist, no existing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 03:06:08 am »

oh ok gonna try it and thanks

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 05:46:36 pm »

I just wanted to add that having a civ or the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag allows a creature to spawn without biomes.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:58:08 pm »

With a few stages, if you want to make something that "matures" into something else by making the base stage the baby/child stage. 
Sorry, but I cannot find the tags nessecary to do this. You could also use castes.
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 05:03:34 pm »

oh, no that was meant for transformation sindrome from other topic.
but you give me some good idea to create some kind of metamorphosis creature thanks.  :)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 05:39:52 pm »

You can't really make a creature simply age into something else, babies are just small adults. Firephoenix's Pokemon mod has a workaround you might be able to borrow.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 05:43:23 pm »

oh...thanks  :)