Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON: SMOKE BREAK  (Read 43011 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2017, 07:51:37 pm »

A roguelike, hosted by PW, with XCOM-ish rules?  Color me interested.

Spoiler: Rowdy Roo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:23:38 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2017, 09:06:09 pm »

Well, that was straightforward.  Kill bonus into ammo, keep watchful for danger.

((@Toaster, skills cost 2, not 1.  Also, you can only have 4 armor, since armor caps at 50% of str.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2017, 09:10:25 pm »

use my blood bag and heal up.

Spoiler: Ferrus (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2017, 09:24:12 pm »

((@Toaster, skills cost 2, not 1.  Also, you can only have 4 armor, since armor caps at 50% of str.))

((Well, that was a big misread.  I think I fixed it, but I could always use a double check.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2017, 09:55:16 pm »

It's yo' boi with another cheesy build!

Prepare the following spells, if I get them (spoiler alert: I will (unless I'm incredibly unlucky)):
Spell Loadout: Guard x3 (just in case a crit-fail DOESN'T destroy all of my bullets or something), Ricochet x3

Upon entering the dungeon, immediately drop 61 (I'll keep 4 pistols in reserve, just in case) of my pistols on the ground to clear up some inventory space. Don my bulletproof vest. Cast Ricochet 3 times to give myself more bullets. Cast Guard (repeat it multiple times if necessary) on one of my remaining pistols to effectively give myself 650 extra health, plus however many bullets Ricochet created. Go look for things to smash with my chainsaw.

I suspect that this build will get wrecked when it crit-fails a Guard or Ricochet roll and destroys all of its bullets or something, but it'll be cool while it lasts/until it's nerfed/until I'm corrected and it turns out that this build never worked in the first place.

Oh, and bonus points: I think that the Guard spell persists between floors, meaning that I can prepare Ricochet 6 times per floor instead of one, and thus regen 6x or so the "HP".
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:23:06 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »

Optimization for the Optimization God! Cheese for the Cheese Throne!

Spoiler: Free Money (click to show/hide)

Bludgeon myself to death with/against a nearby wall 6 times. Become an enemy. Get wrecked. Let my former companions loot my stupid amounts of money off of my corpse.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:24:39 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2017, 10:36:24 pm »

((Guard ends when you reload.  Otherwise, that's pretty funny

EDIT:  It's not outright stated, but I would assume Guard implies you lose bullets in the mag, not in your inventory.  Otherwise the reload clause doesn't really make much sense.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2017, 10:42:23 pm »

((Also still won't help you when I cut your head off.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2017, 11:55:58 pm »

+1 armor from kill!
Take a quick scan of the room to make sure it's safe before going in. Yank my knife out of shotgun lady's corpse. Is it still usable?
Take any loot from the bodies, and any loot in the room, and set it on one of the tables so we can split it fairly.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:02:03 am by Egan_BW »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2017, 12:11:15 am »

((Guard ends when you reload.  Otherwise, that's pretty funny

EDIT:  It's not outright stated, but I would assume Guard implies you lose bullets in the mag, not in your inventory.  Otherwise the reload clause doesn't really make much sense.))
Still, being able to have 10 HP (more if you choose a different weapon) above your maximum 6 times per floor is preeeeetty good.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2017, 12:54:38 am »

Spoiler: @ATHATH (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2017, 01:18:37 am »

Spoiler: @ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Ricochet makes bullets/health, though.

Also, the document never said anything about using Dexterity to dodge stuff. As far as I can tell, it just affects aim.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2017, 01:20:55 am »

Dexterity doesn't help you dodge. Dodge does. You have none of it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2017, 01:22:47 am »

Dexterity doesn't help you dodge. Dodge does. You have none of it.
I could invest in some, I suppose.

Also, I could maybe use duct tape or something to hold the pistols together, or get some kind of expanded magazine or something.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2017, 01:22:57 am »

Wait for the others to enter the room, if it's safe, then take cover to the left of the fridge.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26